A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where are our researchers from?

Post 321

borx

I'm from Frankfurt, Germany, and I spent my whole life there. (boring, isn't it?)

Post 322

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Born in Schleswig, Germany (used to be danish (Slesvig), though). Mother german (forefathers danish), father danish (forefathers polish). Relatives (currently) in Germany, Denmark, England, USA and Canada - and (formerly) in Japan and Tanzania). Which makes me what? A cosmpolitan? I'm certainly not a xenofobic.

After living in quite a lot of different places in Germany and Denmark (and for a short but memorable while as a sailor in the northern european waters) I am now residing in Nykøbing Falster, a small town in the southeastern part of Denmark.

After visiting most of Europe and a brief trip to New York and Lost Angeles I don't think I will move from this kingdom again. But there are surely many places that I would like to VISIT, if that's okay with you?

Post 323

Mike A (snowblind)

Post what you said here:
http://www.h2g2.com/A259535

It -should- be a link to the "where our researchers from?" page *^_^*

Post 324

HighGain

Hmmm... I think i may be from Germany. But since i have been moving around in its southern part from the day of my birth on with an amazing speed, i cant say for sure. If you take Heisenberg and Schrödinger into account, i may well accidentally be tunneled through the alpes and landed on a beach near the Mediterranean Sea...
*hopefullookthroughwindow* hmm...doesn't seem so. crap. smiley - sadface

Post 325

Mike A (snowblind)

Go here:
http://www.h2g2.com/A259535

Post 326

Shirps

Born: Hammersmith London
Grew up to 32: Mill Hill, suburbs London
Still growing up: Northamptonshire
Previous Life: maybe Scotland, definitely on the way there
Future: who knows!
Mother: Lincolnshire
Father: ? ancestors Norfolk
& .....
cousin: naturalized American - traitor!!!!! smiley - smiley

Post 327

Mike A (snowblind)

NO NO NO! LISTEN TO ME!!!

Look at my previous post, please...

How come suddenly everyone's turning up here?

Post 328

Shirps

Been there, seen it & come back!!!!! Good try!

Post 329

Shirps

Hope you'll continue to update this, say once p.month??

Post 330

Wild Stallion

Ditto

Post 331

WILDTHING

nobody knows where i m from because i fell from the sky with out any vital organs!
(heh heh hehheh)

Post 332

Barton Fink

I hail from Scotland- born in Falkirk (yuk), lived in Stirling, Glasgow and now Edinburgh (dull).

Hoping to get out of here soon and go and write dark, insanity-fuelled postmodern novels in a cockroach infested attic in NYC... maybe.

Post 333

Barton Fink

I hail from Scotland- born in Falkirk (yuk), lived in Stirling, Glasgow and now Edinburgh (dull).

Hoping to get out of here soon and go and write dark, insanity-fuelled postmodern novels in a cockroach infested attic in NYC... maybe.

Post 334

Lost in Scotland

Do people actually read the entire thread before posting, or just post anyways? After all, there has been about 10 mentionings of the official new home for this thread.

Post 335

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

They probably did just like me: Got bored reading all the entries and jumped to the end of the thread to sign on. Sorry for that.

To the next who intends to do so: Please look a little up the thread and go to the new thread mentioned there!!!!!!!!!

Post 336

Kinnominnie

I'm from Finland, looks like there's not that many of us yet.

Post 337

Great Bo Tree of High Wycombe

See if you can guess?

Post 338

Captain John Carter

I get the message 'Article has been cancelled', or something to that effect, when I go to the previously mentioned page with the new string.

Anyhow me I hail from Virginia, U.S. of A. originally but more recently from Helium City, Barsoom being Jeddak of Jeddaks, Warlord of Barsoom (previously Prince of Helium).

Post 339

Wild Stallion

I seem to be experiencing the same result as the previous reseacher when trying to go to 'the previously mentioned page'.

So I too shall post my response here.

Here goes:

Currently reside in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
For just over a year now.

Have lived in:
Deebank, Ontario, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (not going to mention the Canada part anymore as I have only lived in Canada - at least in this incarnation/lifetime.
New Westminster, B.C.
Maple Ridge, B.C.
North Vancouver, B.C.
Mississauga, ON
Etobocoke, ON
Oshawa, ON
Fonthill, ON
Scarborough, ON
Waterloo, ON
Gravenhurst, ON
Welland,ON
My Mother's Womb
My Father's .....

Need I go further?

I think I got them all.

Note: The above is in reverse chronological order and I only mention any area once though I have lived in more than one of the areas at more than one different time.

Have a good one.

Post 340

Shirps

Have you travelled on foot or by "wheeled" transport??!

Key: Complain about this post