A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 1341

Ballynac

Not visiting the rest of SA on this trip. Cape Town is great though - stunning location, beautiful city, friendly people, good shopping and nite life - what more could you need. On my own at the moment, but meeting friends tomorrow to do a wine tour, then on Wednesday we go to Namibia for a wedding. Never been in the southern hemisphere at this time of year before so its really weird sitting here in the sun and thinking that xmas is next week!!

Post 1342

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

smiley - cheers enjoy your trip Ballynac!smiley - smiley

Post 1343

AgProv2

Monday. 08:30am. Wythenshawe Park, south-west Manchester.

About zero. Clear skies. (blue with a hint of grey). Brittle winter sunshine. Frost down everwhere. It's deadened the green of the grass to a sort of bleached-out mint-green colour punctuated with icy white.

I'd say winter's set in.

Post 1344

Beatrice

It's snowing!!!!!!

(Luxembourg, Monday 15 December 9 am CET)

Post 1345

nice lines agprov!

Clear sunny gorgeousousslyyummycold winter's day london 10.08amsmiley - smiley

luxombourg - snow also sounds good.

Oh how i love the northern hemisphere on days like thissmiley - biggrin

Post 1346

Phil

2003-12-15 10am Central Manchester
Somewhere around the freezing point of water. A cold clear blue sky with a very low sun hanging like golden ball, not giving much heat out especially to the dark shaddows at street level between the buildings.

Post 1347

a visitor to planet earth

Essex
Monday 15 December 2003
5.25pm
A cold dry day.

Post 1348

HonestIago

17:32 15/12/03 Manchester
Very cold, about a degree below zero Celsius but very clear. Phil I think Manchester looks so much better in the sort of light we get in this weather, do you agree?

Post 1349

Ballynac

Cape Town, 15th Dec 2003, 9pm

A little chilly tonight after an awesome day. This afternoon was about 30c with clear blue skies. Promised lots of cloud tomorrow though.

Post 1350

Maz

Melbourne, Australia 1200hrs Tuesday

32C Yesterday, looking at 37C today, high 30's predicted for the next 3 days. A bit of whispy cloud in the sky and a gentle breeze.
I must admit that I do look forward to the cold change at the end of several days of 30C+. smiley - smiley

Maz

Post 1351

Sea Change

1546 2003-12-16 Los Angeles

Calm and balmy 75F, people are wearing shorts, and remembering the last two days, also jackets. Skies are warm blue because yesterday and day before had blustery winds of 40 mph and several storm fronts, clearing away the air pollution and washing some of the normal urban smells from the street.

My azoricum jasmine must be a winter bloomer because I got it March this year and up 'til now it's been rather desultory about the whole flowering thing, while growing madly. Anyone post here from the Azores that knows? In this calm, it and my paperwhites sweeten the whole yard and hints of them can be delicately smelled all the way from the street outside. My hummingbird feeder has lost two of it's guests in this last storm (I suppose they migrate), so now that there are just three it's easier to pass by and not get attacked.

Post 1352

what a lovely dreamy evocative posting from LA. nice one seachange

here in london its frosty starry and dark. have put old clothes on vulnerable plants in the garden for protection. the plants i brought back from the Isle of Wight last summer have unaccountably started flowering. I always knew that place was wierd Tues. 11.59

Post 1353

Ballynac

Cape Town, December 17th, 10am

Promised rain came last night but only lasted an hour or two. Back to clear sunny weather. About 25c. On to Namibia today. Everyone I speak to tells me its going to be really hit there. Considering it was 30 something here yesterday, I'm dreading what 'really hot' means.

Post 1354

Mauritania

Newcastle - the sun is out, but err... its a tad bit chilly!

Post 1355

Nitina the Pig (see my new personal space!)

The weather in Manchester at this moment is cold and the sky is grey. I know that is Manchester for you but it has been sunny on most days! Something is happening with this weather in England!

Post 1356

AgProv2

Also in Manchester - Wythenshawe Park (down in the south-west and north of the airport).

Grass: green. Sky: grey. Temperature: freezing. No rain.

Office: stifling hot. Open window: Siberian cold. You just can't win!

Hi Nitina, whereabouts are you? (sub-editress after a fortnight, huh? Good going!)

Post 1357

Nitina the Pig (see my new personal space!)

Hi there AgProv

I actually live right in the city centre; close to the Umist campus.
Great location but crap flat!

Post 1358

HonestIago

There are quite a few people from Manchester here, aren't there? Knida funny

Post 1359

AgProv2

Wherever you are in the world, you'll meet a Manc. Odd but true.

Someone from this Company did an exchange visit to a trading partner (probably a better word for it, but this will do)in Novosibersk.

She's walking down the main street in a Soviet-era city in the middle of Siberia, for goodness sake, and meets somebody from Eccles.

Appropriate that we all seem to come to this thread - a common loathing / resigned interest in the weather is possibly the blinding factor?

Cloud is dissipating and pale winter sunshine lightens the view now, btw.

Post 1360

Ballynac

Swakopmund, Namibia - Thursday 18th December - 4pm

Gorgeous sunny day, about 32c but there is a lovely cooling wind in from the sea. Yesterday went into the dessert where it was about 40c. Qiute uncomfortable really. Nice here by the sea though.

Key: Complain about this post