This is the Message Centre for smurfles

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 1

smurfles

i just saw something on tv that made me laugh!!!it brought back memories of my teenage years...he twist,layers of net underskirts,rock n roll...ah!!!!those were the days!!!what do you remember about your teenage years?????i'd love to know.

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 2

SALAMANDAPALAGANDA 2006

I remember being able to go out in a morning and go for long walks in the countryside without the fear of being abducted or beat up..bus shelters with all the glass in them, telephone boxes that worked and being able to get a packet of fags and still
have change from a £..

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 3

*angelicaheaven* Gummy Angel (aka Jon's gummy sis) lol :-)

Hi Sal

I remember going to school without the fear of getting dragged into a car.
I also remember getting asked to the Prom, by the most gorgeous bloke in the school lol smiley - smiley
Even money back then was a lot to me, cos 50p use to buy me a bag of chips and 2 loose cigarettes with a packet of flimsy matches.
xx*nats*xx

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 4

Hi Sal

I remember going to school without the fear of getting dragged into a car.
I also remember getting asked to the Prom, by the most gorgeous bloke in the school lol smiley - smiley
Even money back then was a lot to me, cos 50p use to buy me a bag of chips and 2 loose cigarettes with a packet of flimsy matches.
xx*nats*xx

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 5

flowerofscotland2

lol well seen as im only 20 i mind a fair bit ov my teenage yrs!lol i wasnt a kid that caused hell or nothing i was a good child! let me see wot can i mind! well 13 being the start only 1 thing minds me ov the staart ov being a teenager my papa died the day after my 13th birthday errmmm plus a few more died ove teenage yrs but wont go in2 them!lol 16th brthday!lol my friend and i were in Scarbourgh on holiday with her parents i got made to wear this big and i mean BIG! badge saying 16 on it!lol i went rowing round peasholm park in the pouring rain with pj's on!lol everytime i was going on a bus i took the badge off n got on for a half!lmao that was my 1ht brithday 18th!!that friend ov mine embarresed me again!!!i went ten pin bowling n she had my birthdya announced!i could have killed her i was soo embarresed!lol my 19th she took me on a ghost walk round Edinburgh!!! i swear ive never been so scared in all my life!lol there's always sumthing i remember tho!i wish my mum was there to share my teenage yrs with me she was there but only in the spirt world but i know she was there so thats some ov wot i mind from my teenage yrs!lol
Heather xx

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 6

smurfles

oohhh marc,i remember been folowed home ,and grabbed ,by a lad who didnt seem much older than me!!!!i was fine,but he scared me.i was about 17 then,i just dont think we were made as aware as we are now about the dangers out there,
having said that i remember going dancing,and not been worried about walking home,and the ciggys...oh yes.i used to get three pound wage and i thought i was well off!!!!

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 7

Smudger879n

Ah! you mean life before colour TV, dial phones, spangles, small transister radios,before computers & calculaters, Push button A orB phone boxes, woodbine cigarettes,smiley - oksmiley - cool
Yep! I remember all that, and life was a lot easier, terrorists had`nt been invented then, and stress was what you put on metal girderssmiley - laugh

Ah! yes, the 60s, what a time to alivesmiley - oksmiley - coolsmiley - bubblysmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger.

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 8

smurfles

how things changesmiley - biggrin.i remember the everly brothers,and house of the rising sun been played at the dance hall..the mecca it wass then.i remember my 4 inch stilletto heels,and tight skirts.teddy boys..and going to the coffee bars in the town.and getting caught playing truant when i was thirteen..and the punishment for it!!!!hula hoops,false eyelashes,my boyfriends l-o-n-g hair(it isnt long now)but still the same boy!!!

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 9

tonemonkey(Steve Cooper, of BLiM fame (?!) contact me!)

Mostly I remember discovery.
Beer then Scotchsmiley - stiffdrink
Cigarettes
Blues music then the guitar.
Girls (and how playing the guitar helped with that)
Shaving (and how boring it gets after the third time)
Pubs
True friendships.
I also think a lot about good times with Mum and Dad, both now gone, and how much hassle I caused them.
Thankfully though, gone are the bad haircuts, big specs, and lack of fashion sense.smiley - laugh
Good times

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 10

Universal Granny

I really am going to show my age now! I remember going into some shops where, when the assistant had taken your money she would either put it in a vacuum tube, or attach it to an overhead wire, to be sent to the cashier's office for payment and change for your goods. I remember waiting in anticipation for the tube to come whizzing back with the change and receipt in it.

I also remember flat irons, ration books, and powdered egg, and before anyone asks, no, I don't remember the Boer War.

smiley - hug Universal Granny

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 11

PAGANMOON

smiley - hug hi sal...

my teenage years eh.....
ahem.... not really the site for tales on that subject... lol...

blushes, no not with shame, with the memories.... lol...

smiley - love sheryl.... xxxxx

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 12

Diane B

My teenage years lol, what teenage years i met my husband at 15, end of story, but at least 25 years later i am still in smiley - love. So at 16 i was saving up for my bottom draw etc. I did become one of the first girl venture scouts in England though which was a great laugh. Because i got married when 18, and now the kids are nearly 17 & 20 i am having my teenage years now smiley - winkeyesmiley - love Diane xxx

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 13

Lizzbett

I was a teenager in the 1980's. Great music - terrible clothes!

Liz
~

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 14

smurfles

smudger...i used to smoke woodbines..smiley - yuk
UG dont remember ration books or flat irons,,,,but i have seen some of both
diane...i was just a month after my nineteenth birthday when i married..and i knew him from been seven......he cant dance..bless him..but i used to love dancing so i went with a friend.i had a good time from 16 to 19,but before that,well......
DID anyone have beehive hairdoes,and sticky hair lacquer....ugh,and all that back combing!!!!

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 15

deepdaleduck

Hi Sal, jims sister had a beehive hair style,& black eyes like dusty springfield her mate pat did as well, i had very short skirts, but did not have black mascara eyes or a beehive, dad would not let me,,(spoil sport) i remeber the sunny summers, meeting Jim, listening to the kinks troggs beatles & cliff richard, procal harem on the jukebox,, o h & manfred mann & paul jones.. sixeties was a good time to be a teenager...going for a real cup of smiley - cappuccino having some smiley - ale going to smiley - disco yes i liked my teenage years... i also remeber going 2 C&A got some nice dresses & me first coat from there, it was multi color & had a fur collar,, jim bought it for me,, a very hot summer, & i wore it every were, i felt real posh ,yes those were good days happy memories...smiley - love hazelxx smiley - rose

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 16

smurfles

wwoooowww,kathys clown,little town flirt,he;s a rebel,secret love(kathy kirby)..the drifters....yeah!!!my sister fell asleep with her head on hr boyfriends shoulder...and when she woke up her eye lash was stuck to his jumper,and so was th side of her face,,the glue had melted!!!!!i had a suite ,a short jacket and tight skirt,and it had a fur collar,with fur pom poms coming down from the neck.i wore it with black patent shoes,and a big black patent handbag...that i cleaned with vaseline!!!!! used to buy a lot from c&a.going shopping in town on saturday for clothes for going dancing,,and wearing rollers ,with a headscarf tied at the back!!!!
and like you said,proper "frothy"smiley - coffee!!!!oh ,and tartan shoes trimmed ith black???

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 17

dancinglady (Life's truest happiness is found in the friendships we make along the way)

I remember queuing up all night with my friends in 1965 to be able to buy a ticket for a Beatles concert. I was scared stiff that someone walking by would see me and tell my parents because they thought I was spending the night at a friend's house. The concert was fantastic by the way, but looking back it seems strange that as we spent the whole time screaming we obviously didn't hear anything at all!
Another memory is of spending my school dinner money on a bag of chips every lunchtime instead of eating at school. After school we used to go to the shops to try on clothes, we didn't have any money so had no intention of buying anything. I also remember headscarves, kitten heeled shoes, false eyelashes, very pointed bras, and a weird dance we used to do (don't remember the name) where we flung our arms all over the place but our feet remained rooted to the same spot. Songs from those days by The Beatles, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Cilla Black, The Kinks, The Animals, The Seekers, and many others. Ohhhh what memories! smiley - wow

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 18

smurfles

ohhhh!!!i remember going to see...wait for it....johnny kidd and the pirates..amd heinz.....does anyone remember them???he had white blonde hair,and a nice tan..but i cant remember what he sung???
AND having to go to the pantomime around christmas....even when i got married!!!!!(how embarrasing)!!!

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 19

Lizzbett

I have a box full of stuff that anyone sane would probably throw away. However, I was rumaging in it on Saturday and found all sorts of old souvenirs. There were ancient issues of Smash Hits Magazine from the 1980's, all my 18th and 21st birthday cards, letters from my friends dating back to the late 1970's and even some old school work. I opend the box to try and cram some more rubbish in there and ended up spending a very pleasant hour travelling back in time. smiley - biggrin

Does anyone else keep stuff that is years old, just because it's interesting to look back on?

Liz
~

PS. Does the fact that I still have a box full of my baby teeth and the stitches from an operation that I had when I was 9 make me sound strange? smiley - geeksmiley - erm

MEMORY LANE!!!

Post 20

Hi all

I have a box full of old stuff that use to belong to my nan, it got passed down to me when she passed away.
In it entitles a very old picture frame, with a photo of her when she was just a little child.
Aswell as an old tea pot shaped into a house, and it is now 87 years old.
I have also 3 bin bags full of the old fashioned teddy bears, and does anyone remember the old golly wogs, cos i have a few of them aswell.
xx*NATS*xx

Key: Complain about this post