Much to the annoyance of all football fans everywhere, and the h2g2 Fantasy Football League in particular. The World and European governing bodies for the beautiful game have seen it fit to not run an international competition such as the World Cup or a European Championships this summer
This of course means that we are going to have to make up our own entertainment until the Premiership kicks off again for the 2003/04 season some time in August.
God alone knows what kind of games I'll end up selecting, but I shall do my best to produce something entertaining each week1. The season kicks off on the weekend of 17th & 18th May and ends some time around the end of July or beginning of August.
Just the same as before. But I'll repeat them anyway if only to show off my GuideML skills
- Each week a new thread will be started detailing (approximately) five football matches for the following weekend.
- You post your prediction of the match result and score in that thread, plus the name of a player who think will score in the match.
- You get your postings in before the closing date given in the thread, or failing that post that you would like a Pools Panel selection.
This also hasn't changed from earlier competitions, much to Master B's obvious annoyance
- Two points for the correct result - win, lose or draw
- One bonus point for the correct score line
- One point if the selected scorer scores at any time during the game
- One bonus point if the selected scorer scores the first goal in the game
As in previous seasons, a correct selection of nil-nil will be awarded the full 5 points. The reasoning being that the result is correct, the score line is correct, you correctly said no one would score and they duly didn't!
League Table & Assorted Stats
Standings as at Week 12 (Final Table):
|Rank||Researcher||Total Points||Result W/L/D||Correct Score Bonus||Scorer||1st Scorer Bonus|
- Week 1: Ormondroyd - 12 points
- Week 2: Kiltedjedi - 11 points
- Week 3: Ormondroyd and Number Six - 12 points
- Week 4: Otto Fisch - 9 points
- Week 5: Robin - 7 points
- Week 6: Robin - 11 points
- Week 7: Otto Fisch - 6 points
- Week 8: Egon and Kiltedjedi - 6 points
- Week 9: Kiltedjedi - 7 points
- Week 10: Otto Fisch - 8 points
- Week 11: Kiltedjedi - 10 points
- Week 12: Kiltedjedi - 19 points
- Week 12: Number Six and Kiltedjedi - Walsall 2-1 Aston Villa (Merson)
- Week 12: creachy and Kiltedjedi - Plymouth Argyle 0-0 West Bromwich Albion (no scorer)
Previous Season Winners
- Now showing at the Fantasy Football 'Hall of Fame'
Leagues Still Playing After The Premiership Finishes
This lot of links might come in useful to you
|Nation||National League||Last Game of the Season|
|Germany||Bundesliga||Saturday, May 24th|
|Belgium||Jupiler League||Sunday, May 25th|
|Greece||Hellenic||Sunday, May 25th|
|Italy||Serie A||Sunday, May 25th|
|New Zealand||STNL||Sunday, May 25th|
|Scotland||SPL||Sunday, May 25th|
|Austria||T Mobile Bundesliga||Thursday, May 29th|
|Holland||Casino Eredivisie||Thursday, May 29th|
|France||Ligue 1||Thursday, June 4th|
|Denmark||Sas Ligaen||Sunday, June 22nd|
|Spain||Primeira Liga||Sunday, June 22nd|
|Argentina||Primera Liga||Sunday, June 29th|
|USA / Canada||A-League||Saturday, August 30th|
|Iceland||Kerfis Leiga||Saturday, September 20th|
|Canada||CPSL||Sunday, September 28th|
|Finland||Veikkausliga||Sunday, October 26th|
|Sweden||Allsvenskan||Sunday, October 26th|
|USA||MLS||Sunday, October 26th|
|Norway||Eleteserien||Saturday, November 1st|
|Eire||Eircom League||Friday, November 28th|
Fantasy Pools Panel
Back again for a third season comes the highly successful h2g2 Fantasy Football 'Pools Panel' system -- available to all to players should they require a break from the week in week out drudgery of make their own selections