A Conversation for The Mother of All Gooses

Pecos Jail

Post 81

Wolfgang and Houndstooth

Come along, duckling. You're no uglier than any of the rest of them. How about a nice, juicy beefsteak? You can eat till you're stuffed. *truly evil grin*

Emeril, fix this duckling a steak.

Takes the chef aside. Did you remember to bring it?


Pecos Jail

Post 82

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Boo! Hiss!


Pecos Jail

Post 83

Titania (gone for lunch)

Boooooo!smiley - cross


Pecos Jail

Post 84

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Boooooo! *throws a boiled sweet at the dandy*
Hissssssssssssss!


Pecos Jail

Post 85

Thistle Howl - a frighteningly cute Critter of the Night

*comes back from behind the big rock, her dress showing the beginings of drying out, but it's really, really, really wrinkled. At least her hair bow is standing up again, mostly.*

Nobody better have peeked! If I find out anyone peeked you're gonna get it!


Pecos Jail

Post 86

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote
(B4 begins singing [loudly] En Vogue's tune, "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)", and dancing in the aisle. He's doing a bit of a mosh pit / head-banger kind of move that has his trenchcoat billowing out. He's snapping his fingers without synchopation and his voice is seriously off key, yet he's jamming like no one's watching.)
smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote
B4smiley - biggrin


Pecos Jail

Post 87

Wolfgang and Houndstooth

Takes a silver tootpick out of his pocket and gingerly cleans his teeth.

Looks at B4. Is that man having a fit or is he tone deaf ?

Removes his solid gold pocket watch from his vest pocket. I think there's time to read these papers while my dinner is cooking.

Chuckles to himself at the prospect of what's to come.

Instead of booing, this crew will be boo hooing soon. Bwahaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaa.


Pecos Jail

Post 88

Three Blind Mice

*the mice reappear at the door. they have a nine millimeter pistol*

1: Ready! *he pulls back the hammer*
2: Aim! *he positions the barrel in a general away kind of direction*
3: Fire! *he uses his cane to pull the trigger*

*There is an extremely loud crack! and then a Zinnnnng! as the bullet ricochets offf the Dandy's watch and lodges in one of the wooden beams*

All: A hit! A hit! A hit!
What? What? What?

*deafened, they stagger backward into the jail*


Pecos Jail

Post 89

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])


(B4 leans over to Lil)
You know, only the smiley - mousesmiley - esuomsmiley - mouse could pull off a cheesy cheap shot like that.
smiley - biggrin
B4


Pecos Jail

Post 90

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hooray!

*to Caerwyn* I think the mice are my favorites.


Pecos Jail

Post 91

Coniraya

*removes her fingers from her ears following the gunshot*

They are brilliant aren't they? Definitely BAFTA nomination material

I'm sure Kevin Spacy will be snapping them up for the Old Vic.


Pecos Jail

Post 92

Robyn Bankes

Are you alright, Duckie? Don't let that unpleasant man scare you. You can always hide in my bag.

I seem to remember acquiring a rather nice bird bath, you could take refuge there.

*gives the Dandy geezer a hard stare*

Those mice seem to have the right idea.


Pecos Jail

Post 93

Wolfgang and Houndstooth

What the heck was that? smiley - yikes

Hey, being shot at isn't in my contract! Something like that would look awful on a resume. "Dan, why did you leave your last job? " "Well, sir, I was shot by a smiley - mouse" "Excuse me, Dan, but when I stop laughin' I'm gonna throw this application of yours into the fire."

Emeril, where the smiley - bleep are those mouse traps? The wildlife in this pantomine are getting out of hand. Walks toward the chuck wagon.

For God's sake, Emeril, you're feeding them my Double Gloucester!


Pecos Jail

Post 94

Mysterious Stranger

*hoping that those bullets fired by the mice are not made of silver*

*looks down his nose at the despicable dandy, snorts*

*straightens the lapels of his dinner jacket*

*brushes a straw of grass of his silk-lined black velvet cape*


Pecos Jail

Post 95

Billy the Kid

*twitches as the pistol goes off, and has the trigger guard undone and his .44 in his hand within seconds*

*looks all around and then, hearing the commotion, looks down at his feet*

Ha ha ha! See that? Even the mice are packin' guns in this place!

*spins his gun back to its holster but keeps his hand casually on the grip*

Now then, ain't this gettin' to be a grand company fer these parts! But I don't hear nothin' to suggest that any of youse gentlemen and ladies *tipping his hat* knows the right words to claim the proppity I'm here to guard.

Don't go gittin' ideas. Apart from mouseholes there ain't no way in here except through this door. The ground is hardpan and don't yield to diggin', as previous guests of this here jail will tell you. The roof is branches laid close over vigas and then 'dobied over. The walls is two courses of adobe brick with dirt fill in between. Them bars in the windows is set solid. The only way in is past me.

*keeps on smiling but narrows his eyes*


Pecos Jail

Post 96

Mary and her full-grown <sheep>

Oh my! What a man!

*Walks over to Billy.*


Why doncha come over an see me some time, big boy.



smiley - sheep <-- Baaaaaaa!


Pecos Jail

Post 97

The Ugly (but rather big) Duckling

*waddling over to Billy the Kid, taking the long way around to avoid the Dispecable Dandy and his cook*

*looking up, trying to look adorable, tilts head*

Quack?

*suddenly remembers that he's not adorable, just plain ugly*

*sighs*

*looks down*


Pecos Jail

Post 98

Wolfgang and Houndstooth

Walks over to Billy. I've heard all about you Kid. I think Kid is the primary descriptor here. *Laughs disdanefully*

Your pictures on those wanted posters don't do you justice Kid. You're even uglier than I expected. You might want to rethink your approach and vamoose before the possee that was just a couple hours behind the chuck wagon gets here.

Don't worry about the Kid, folks. Before long the only property he'll be guarding will be long and narrow and six feet deep.

I on the other hand have a map in my possession that some of you may find interesting. And I set a damn fine table. smiley - redwine


Pecos Jail

Post 99

Billy the Kid


Waaaaal, ain't we got us a case for mortal terror here! Yer history's nearly as bad as yer manners, Mr. Dandy. They wasn't never no wanted posters of me. I got a letter in my pocket from Governor Lew Wallace, says I'm supposed to be here. They cain't arrest me when I'm already in a jail, can they! Ha ha!

A man shouldn't be let loose with a map when he don't know which way is up.

Scuse me ma'am. *not taking his eyes away from the dandy, Billy reaches down and picks up the Ugly Duckling with his free hand and holds it under his left arm. This gives him an opportunity to check whether the dandy is armed*

But I can't pay my respects when my hands is full. *palms the butt of his gun, smiling cheekily at the dandy*

Any farm boy could tell you this ain't no duck. It's too big. What is it? What are you, hey bird?



Pecos Jail

Post 100

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more