Pushing to 300
There is a milestone tantalisingly close which I am confident that we can reach this year. At the moment there are 298 recognised Flea Market Rescues. Let's get to 300 by the end of 2017!
Alternative Writing Workshop - Cleaned!
This year the Flea Market team has spring-cleaned the Alternative Writing Workshop. At the start of the year there were 2,296 entries in the AWW and, after cleaning, there are now 2,216. We have looked through the AWW to see if any of the entries there fall into the criterion to be worthy of the Flea Market and have the potential to form the basis of an entry in the Edited Guide or if there are any entries that have been moderated or deleted.
Two entries have entered the Writing Workshop since the process began and the following entries have been removed from the Alternative Writing Workshop as we feel they have the right stuff to make it into the Flea Market and then the Edited Guide itself:
- The Joy of MS Keyboard Shortcuts by Spiff
- Wig Work by Mike_Penny
- The Extraordinary Misfortunes of the English Princes of Wales by aging jb
- Curry, A Beginner's Guide by Global Village Idiot
- 'Kes' by ShogunAssassin
This means that of 82 entries removed from the Alternative Writing Workshop, 26 have been moved into the Flea Market and 56 have gone Back to Entry having either been moderated or deleted.
Flea Market Rescues on the Front Page
Three Flea Market Rescues have made the front page!
- 'Babylon 5' Characters: G'Kar by Bluebottle, based on Babylon-5 - G'Kar by TowelMaster
- The Minister's Cat - The Victorian Parlour Game rescued by Bluebottle, based on The Minister's Cat by Mr. Christopher
- The Avengers: An Episode Guide by Bluebottle is based on The Avengers: An Episode Guide by Primord
Meanwhile, an entry in the Flea Market has been recommended.
We look forward to this reaching the Front Page!
Flea Market Rescues in Peer Review
We still have a Rescue Attempt in Peer Review for you to read through:
The Flea Market needs You!