A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 1

h2g2 Operations

What's new every week on h2g2:

- Featured Guide Entries: Find them on the Front Page! You absolutely cannot live without this information! See the exciting art!

- The h2g2 Post: Yes, it's new every Monday, although the sneaky Post Editor puts it up on Sunday, so you can read the advance copy then and do the quizzes before the lazy people who wait until Monday morning.

Haven't read the h2g2 Post lately? Why the heck not? People come from miles (kilometers) around to read it. They even read it from Twitter, we understand.

Don't know where to find it? Here's how:

1. Go to the Front Page. Click on the tab at the top that says 'The Post'. Or scroll down to the section that says 'The Post' and click on the words 'The Post'. Or click on one of the featured articles for the week. After you've read that one, scroll down - here's the hot tip - to the bottom of the page. Click on '(this week's date) Front Page'. This will magically take you to the Post Front Page for the week. Read the Editorial. The Editor worked hard on it.

2. Don't like Pliny? Click on 'The Post', copy the A-number, and paste it in the URL of your favourite skin. Read it in Brunel, or Alabaster, or that blue horror...

Why should you read the h2g2 Post?

- Each week, there are 16-20 new items from h2g2 contributors. They will make you laugh, think, wonder, sigh, get mad and want to hit a politician, get a new idea, etc. We leave no one indifferent.
- There is humour. (We swear that's what it is.)There are quizzes that are real head-scratchers.
- 16-20 items means 16-20 opportunities to start or join snarky conversations. Who can resist?
- Everybody's hanging out over at the Post these days. You can hear them laughing all over the internet.
- Upcoming events and such will be announced in the Post. Past events will be reviewed, discussed, mulled and chewed over in the Post. Awix will review a movie so you can decide whether to go. You get the idea.

If you really can't stand to read the h2g2 Post, we have a request: do us a favour and click on the Post pages, anyway. It helps our statistics and increases the chances that someday, somebody will do something you actually like on this website. And who knows? You might see a photo, story, or video that you're interested in. Stranger things have happened...

The h2g2 Post: it's not your grandfather's webzine. The madness is contagious. Read it, and you will never again have to ask, 'Who is Nigel?'

smiley - dragon


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - ok


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 4

Deb

smiley - grr "That blue horror..." smiley - cross

smiley - rofl

Deb smiley - cheerup


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

" click on the Post pages, anyway. It helps our statistics and increases the chances that someday, somebody will do something you actually like on this website" [H2G2 operations]

I smiley - blush when I think of the many things which I ought to do but don't do on this site. Yes, I should read the Post. Yes, I should spend so much time at peer review that people describe me as being underfoot.

I never think of these things during new year's Resolutions time. Tghis could be a February resolution, though.... smiley - sigh


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

The Post Editor approves of February resolutions - you're so much more likely to keep them than at New Year's.


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 7

ITIWBS

...and always remember, February was the last month of the Roman year prior to the calendar reforms of Julius Caesar, which is why intercalary days are still bundled with February...


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 8

You can call me TC

OK OK I get the message.

I promise to read the Post!

Is it still true (was it ever? Am I imagining it?) that if you click on a smiley - thepost smiley it also takes you to the front page of that worthy publication?


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 9

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Currently it takes you to the h2g2 smiley page. I don't know what it did before.


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 10

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

We need that fixed. smiley - ok


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 11

minorvogonpoet

smiley - ok


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 12

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

If it ain't fixed, don't break it. smiley - smiley


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 13

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - drumroll The h2g2 Post is up! It's really full this week - you'll need extra time to read it! smiley - drumroll
smiley - drumroll FWR has an amazing, action-packed true story!
smiley - drumroll Superfrenchie has a photo we wouldn't believe if we didn't know she wasn't any good at Photoshop.
smiley - drumroll Tavaron has an inspirational tortoise.
smiley - drumroll It's the last Isle of Wight language quiz! (Say it isn't so!)
smiley - drumroll Bobstafford starts a new column with photos and photography hints!
smiley - drumroll Cactuscafe, FWR, and SashaQ have amazing pics.
smiley - drumroll Superfrenchie has drawn a politically 'woke' monster!
smiley - drumroll Editor has the low-down on Hitler's pot-growing programme, Awix analyses Daniel Day-Lewis, and Willem shows us another stunning antelope.


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 14

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

PS for Ripley users: A87901932


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

I'm confused by that date format...


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 16

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Do you mean the header to this thread? That date format was added by Ops. smiley - laugh They think in computerspeak in Scandinavia.

If you mean the date format for smiley - thepost, please tell me what's confusing. smiley - huh


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 17

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Only sensible date format ever in the whole world smiley - ok

smiley - pirate


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 18

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - erm


Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 19

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

h2g2 Post for 19 February 2018, 2018-02-19, or Tussilage Ventose 225 of the French Revolutionary Calendar:

smiley - corncob The h2g2 Post is up! Tolle, lege! smiley - corncob

smiley - corncob The following people have gorgeous pics for you: Willem, FWR, SashaQ, Superfrenchie, bobstafford, and Cactuscafe.
smiley - corncob Tavaron wants you to caption her dog. That dog needs captioning.
smiley - corncob MVP has a story about a mermaid. This adds to the lore.
smiley - corncob Sasha has a thoughtfully illustrated piece about the connection between love and the humble toothbrush.
smiley - corncob Awix reviews porn (50 Shades of it). He concludes that it makes celibacy seem a reasonable option. I review an old stinker with 'folk music' and a demented espresso machine in. In spite of the opposition at my house, I think I had a better time movie-watching than Awix did. Read, and see if you agree.
smiley - corncob I also perpetrate fiction in the direction of my 'Writing Right' critics, in which there is entirely too much action for one snowy day. See 'Boring as the Weather Right'.

smiley - corncob Next week: more madness. Treats to come: March will be Zombie Month, thanks to FWR! smiley - corncob



Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post

Post 20

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Erratum:

*Boring as the Weather Report.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more