A Conversation for Old Announcements: January - September 2011

This thread has been closed

29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 41

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Also 360 and SoP... smiley - smiley


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 42

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Speaking of 360, the footnote bug's fixed! YAY!!! *passes cheesecake to Dragonfly*


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 43

Jim Lynn

"Also 360 and SoP..."

Nope - these are all h2g2-related. smiley - smiley But I can't tell you what they all are. Internal tools, that sort of thing. Very hush-hush. On the QT. Mum's the word.


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 44

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - doh

I remembered to give Dragonfly the payment for using YAY!!!, but I forgot to thank the technical team...

*brings in a basket of mufflewhumps (even if I did have to change my non-h2g2 pages a littlesmiley - winkeye)*


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 45

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Speaking of 360... This thread in 360: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/360/F77636?thread=186642 (Note the non-functional "Shop" link at the top... )


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 46

Frankie Roberto

smiley - huh


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 47

Frankie Roberto

P.S try looking at the info page in 360! smiley - smiley


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 48

Jim Lynn

Bum. I'm sure I fixed that one - I certainly couldn't reproduce it when I tried.

However, when you try and view a 360 forum, you shouldn't get frames.


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 49

Robert

"But I can't tell you what they all are. Internal tools, that sort of thing. Very hush-hush. On the QT. Mum's the word."

*hazards some of those guesses that is almost certainly wrong*

1. You're testing the new skin.

2. The Italics have developed a new language and the links translate it into that for you.

3. You actually made a mistake and miscounted the number of links.

4. Erm... OK, I don't know.


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 50

parrferris

Thanks yet again for all the hard work!smiley - cheers...

...though I've totally forgotten what the features are...smiley - winkeye


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 51

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Do the "Shop" links in the (unsupported) frames version of the 360 forums imply that the 360 project was started pre-BBC?


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 52

Robert

[smiley - silly] Maybe it was a huge typo...


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 53

Tube - the being being back for the time being



Is it just me and my Opera or does the Goo version of the posting-page say "Post Message>"?! What's the > doing there? smiley - huh


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 54

Jonny

I just read that here: F47998?thread=186620&latest=1 smiley - biggrin
I think it's just a typo! smiley - winkeye


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 55

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

I was just about to come and report that too! smiley - smiley


Post Message>


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 56

Jim Lynn

"Do the "Shop" links in the (unsupported) frames version of the 360 forums imply that the 360 project was started pre-BBC?"

No. What you're seeing there is our 'base' stylesheet - the stylesheet that provides the common functionality. It *was* started pre-BBC - quite a long time before the BBC actually - hence the Shop, Ask and Tell links. Since that toolbar is never supposed to be shown, I've never bothered to change it.

And it only works if you view an h2g2 forum from a non-h2g2 skin. You can't get frames on a real 360 conversation (I allege).


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 57

MaW

And a good thing to!

* takes a deep breath *

FRAMES ARE EVIL! NOBODY SHOULD BE USING THEM FOR ANYTHING!!!!

Okay, I'm going to go and hide now. Bye!


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 58

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Not sure if this is a bug, but...

There is no referenced researchers list on the side of my page anymore-- or anyone else's, for that matter.

Is that a bug or part of the redesign? smiley - huh


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 59

FABT - new venture A815654 Angel spoiler page

i LIKE frames, they stop me getting all confuzzeled and without them my glasses would fall apart.


29 May 2002: DNA 1.01 Deployed At Last

Post 60

Jim Lynn

The referenced researchers list has gone missing in action. Investigations are in progress.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more