A Conversation for Talking Point: What does it mean to be a good friend?

friends...

Post 1

Clelba

...are people who will be there for you, and who you are prepared to be there for.
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 2

MaW

They're people who will support you no matter what happens and what you do (and if that support includes going behind your back and telling the police it was you who beat up that girl while drunk the other night, well, in the end they're helping you out, I'm sure. Although I hasten to add that I'm sure that wouldn't apply to the vast majority of the h2g2 community). They're also people who you want to be there for, and who you will support to the end of the world (in the same way that they'd support you). Friendship cannot be a one-way thing, otherwise it's probably harrassment.


friends...

Post 3

Clelba

thanks for expanding my point smiley - smiley
i'm never mch good at explaining myself...
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 4

MaW

It's just what your point made me think of. Have you ever thought of a career as a professional Inspirer?

Although I suppose you are a Muse, so that's a big start!!


friends...

Post 5

Clelba

smiley - biggrin
i'm not much good at having complete ideas, i either inspire other people or get inspired myself. but it works for me smiley - smiley
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 6

MaW

Sounds good...

Something else friends do - helping ideas get going by providing opinions, further ideas, reactions etc. etc.


friends...

Post 7

Clelba

ooh! that reminds me! a conversation i have to write down in my little book of randomness...it happened after school today...
-look at the sky, isn't it lush?
-yes, that's what the squangle is for
-but the squangle points up, and the sky is that way *pointing horizontally at the sunset*
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 8

MaW

Okaayyy...

* sidles away *


friends...

Post 9

Clelba

the squangle is a thingy we made from bean poles to look at the sky with. it's called a squangle cos it's neither a spuare nor a triangle, but a bit like both. we did it in the summer, and it still exists!
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 10

MaW

Why do you need one of those to look at the sky? I always find it quite suitable just to raise my head and observe.


friends...

Post 11

Clelba

it's sposed to be so you can look at *just* the sky with no iterruptions like trees, but we never got round to putting the sheets on it
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 12

Clelba

it's sposed to be so you can look at *just* the sky with no interruptions like trees, but we never got round to putting the sheets on it
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 13

MaW

Ah.


friends...

Post 14

Clelba

smiley - tongueout
i've finished the first term of sixth formness smiley - biggrin
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 15

bomias

Yes... I agree. Friends make good idea-bouncers. Whenever I come up with a new idea of what I was going to do with my life (this actually happened a lot last year smiley - tongueout ) I'd tell my best friends and my parents about it, and they'd usually come up with a few arguments against it, and if I could successfully argue back, I'd be proving it to them as well as myself that I was right in choosing to do what I wanted to do.

I hope that made sense.

smiley - weird


friends...

Post 16

Clelba

i think so...
what an old thread this is...
^. .^
= ' =


friends...

Post 17

bomias

wow I didn't even notice the date! lol


friends...

Post 18

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

To save paper, I'll use this one if you don't mindsmiley - smiley

my definition of friends is:
F1926355?thread=3556994


Key: Complain about this post