A Conversation for Talking Point: What does it mean to be a good friend?

Friends Enemies whats the difference

Post 1

Cperry

At 17 years of age I have come to the harsh reality that only the fool trusts. Try not to assume that I am an outcast that is not socially accepted simply because it is quite the opposite. Class president, class favorite, etc. I have been awarded but I have realized that everything means nothing. "The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you." Who needs friends when i have such great enemies.


Friends Enemies whats the difference

Post 2

bomias

...I think what you need to look for are not so much people that will surround you when you are awarded with titles such as 'class favourite' or 'class president', but people who were there before, during, and after school.

I may only be a year and a bit older than you, but take it from me, if you don't have good friends, it'll be a long lonely road to adulthood. Sometimes being anti-social is easier, and for a moment or two it may make you feel good about yourself: "I don't actually need friends, I can stick it out on my own!". But in the end, I know I feel a lot happier with my life and myself after I've had a good conversation with a friend. Even if it's just about something stupid like which people look like Llamas or who's better at playing checkers. It helps to just have a few people around who you know you can go to no matter what: whether it's to spill your guts to or just tell them that Simpsons quote you've had stuck in your head all day.

smiley - cheerup


Key: Complain about this post

Friends Enemies whats the difference

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more