A Conversation for Talking Point: What does it mean to be a good friend?

sick, sad, and silly

Post 1

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Friends, really good friends, are those people who are there for you when you have the flu, look like hell, and feel even worse. They bring you chicken soup, or ice cream. And they've seen you throw up, and they still like you.

They are the kind of friends that when you break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend will bring you beer or ice cream or a combination of both. They will listen to you tell them over and over that you hate him or her, and still like you.

True friends are the people that when your dog dies, they don't tell you to get over it, they get you a condolences card, and include a picture they took of the two of you last Christmas.

You can tell them anything, and they won't tell a soul. They laugh with you about stuff that no one else on earth would find funny. They are honest enough to tell you that yes, you do look fat in that, and you don't get mad, because you've said the same thing.

You can have discussions about everything...religion, politics, sex, cat litter....and they still like you.

But the best sign of a true friend? When you can invite them over to your house and not even think about picking up the underwear in the middle of the living room floor, because you know that they are there to see you, not your house. Oh, and the fact that they know deeply disturbing things about you, and still talk to you!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more