A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Private Conversation between Captain's Wife and Second Mate Gillings on the Deck

Post 1

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*after Mr Gillings sits, Sarah turns to him and looks him straight in the eye*

Mr Gillings, I'm very worried about the conversation that you had with Lizzie earlier. She hasn't been feeling herself and I want to know what "secret" she has told you.


Private Conversation between Captain's Wife and Second Mate Gillings on the Deck

Post 2

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*watches Volkert walk away, then turns her attention back to Gillings*

You were saying, Mr Gillings...


Private Conversation between Captain's Wife and Second Mate Gillings on the Deck

Post 3

Afgncaap5


Well you see, I entered your cabin hoping to find either you or the captain. As I believe I may have mentioned to you before, I'm a treasure hunter and adventure seeker when I get the time. I'm after a big one.

But that's not the secret. There are two secrets, as a matter of fact, and I know that you would know that one of them is true, if not both. When I went in, I heard your daughter speaking to the ship's cat, saying that she was an elf abandoned by her people, and that you and the captain had taken her in as a very young child. Now, while I understand that it was most likely just her imagination running off, I saw an oportunity to gain knowledge that could hint me towards three or four treasures that I've had my eyes on for a while. At the risk of sounding strange, I've had my eye on your family for quite a while, Mrs. Briggs. References to people that I believe to be relations of yours kept showing up in various records, original manuscripts, and the like.

In any event, I came to a few decisions about you and your family ever since this voyage began. First of all, I decided that you might know where one of my five missing crosses were. As you know, that one was shot down pretty quickly a while back. However, after hearing your daughter's story, I decided that one of two things must be true about her, and after much thought, I believe that one thing is true about you.

One of the possibilities about your daughter is that she really is an elf that you and the captain kindly adopted. She has a strong enough will for it. I can check these things, thanks to a shaman that I met on a voyage to Africa many years ago. However, I believe that something else may be true about her, and I'm almost certain that the same goes for you.

*Brigg clears his throat, lowers his voice even further, and looks around to make sure that no one is listening*

I believe that you and your daughter are the most recent in a line of High Priestesses from a certain lost city. You know the one I mean.

*Eyes flirt to the vast ocean and back*

Don't say anything yet, Mrs. Briggs, not yet. I have to know, I have to see if the legendary city exists! If I could find some real, hard evidence, I could die a happy man. If you are, as I suspect, the person that I think you are, please do me this one favor: let me see the Soulstone. I want to see it, make sure that it's not a fake, and that the city is there!

Those are the two secrets that I know. I've my doubts about your daughter, probably an imagination just running wild on the open seas. But if Atlantis exists, you are the one person who can help me to find it.


Private Conversation between Captain's Wife and Second Mate Gillings on the Deck

Post 4

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

*eyes widen as she looks at Mr Gillings*

I afraid that I am not able to confirm or deny what you say about my daughter, Mr Gillings. As far as I am aware, she is mine. Mine and Benjamin's. And that is all that matters.

As to the other matter... Well, I have heard all the tales of Atlantis. I feel that it is up to the individual to decide whether they believe in such stories or not. I can be of no help to you in your search at this time.

I'm stepping back in time to post this. I assume this is ok, GL. Just in case, we'll have the captain show up now.

*the captain approaches and asks to speak to Sarah* I don't remember exactly what he said. It appears in the On Deck thread.

We can continue this conversation later, Mr Gillings. Thank you for your time and concern. I shall look into the matter and get back to you with what information I can at a later date.


Private Conversation between Captain's Wife and Second Mate Gillings on the Deck

Post 5

Garius Lupus


Stepping back in time to answer this was the best thing to do, G7. Well done. smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more