A Conversation for Role Playing: The Last Voyage of the Mary Celeste

Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 21

Garius Lupus

You can't see or hear the new Ghost character.


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 22

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

What new ghost character?


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 23

Garius Lupus

Check the announcements thread. smiley - biggrin


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 24

Garius Lupus

You recognise the creature that is attacking. It is a Kraken!!!!!

(If you haven't already, check the announcements thread)


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 25

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

I seem to have missed all the fun due to being on a late shift! Ah well...

Not sure where I am at the moment. If I'm in the sea, as I've assumed on the On Deck thread without giving too much away, then I've turned back into a Gillman. Does anyone motice this? And do my brothers arrive?

Everyone seems to be having such fun, I can't wait till the denouement so that I can read everything!


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 26

Garius Lupus

I'm just catching up, so I haven't been to the "on deck" thread. I am planning on having your kin show up, since you called them. I had imagined you still on the deck, but you could just as well be in the water since I didn't specify where you were when the Kraken dropped you. And yes, you will look different in the water. I'll see what is happening in the on deck thread and maybe post something to that effect.


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 27

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Point of continuity, GL.

You've handled some of it yourself, but I've also taken my own initiative: obviously if you're in the water you can see what's going on on deck, and conversely, anyone on deck can see you, therefore you can read both threads. It's up to you as Gamesmaster to tell people what they can see, of course.

So now I'm trying to become human again, and you'll have to tell me if the spell works. If it doesn't there'll be some hungry people, for it's not easy preparing food with webbed hands!

And...I can't believe the Gillmen would just disappear without even a brief chat about how my mission's going. I may feel the need to join them later to tell them I feel I'm getting close. How would that work? Do I just describe all that here, and you referee it? Or do I have to set up a thread that somebody might see and try to eavesdrop on?

BTW Mac's right - it isn't easy being green smiley - biggrin


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 28

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

On the becoming human issue - Lizzie seems to have sorted that! (On Deck thread)


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 29

Garius Lupus

I think if you wanted to talk to them again, you would call them using a different call. You would post wherever you are in the MC (probably on deck would be best) that you make a strange noise at the water. Then just have a head bob up and stage your conversation. If you want the conversation to be private, start a conversation thread.

I think I covered the other points in the other thread with Mac. smiley - winkeye If I missed something, just ask again.


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 30

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Hi GL, I need a ruling please.

I was waiting for Amelia to take me to Uli, whose location I didn't know. We were talking in the Forecastle. Amelia has gone to the Captain's Cabin, but Uli has come to the foc'sle at the same time...

Where am I? smiley - biggrin Did I go with Amelia, or did I bump into Uli first?


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 31

Garius Lupus

I think you bumped into Uli first. Amelia is already at the Captain's cabin, so you must have been delayed putting on your shoes, or something. smiley - biggrin


Private thread for the Ship's Cook

Post 32

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Hard to tie laces with webbed hands....


Key: Complain about this post