A Conversation for The Beta RPG – A Massively Mini-Player Online Role-Playing Game

Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 441

Kyra

*Kyra gets up to put the doll on a shelf. She goes back to bed, has to get up to turn the doll away so it's not looking at her, then finally goes to sleep*


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 442

Kyra

*Kyra and Eli return from the cargo bay, dusty and tired. Kyra lies down on a couch to work the kinks out of her back and sighs*

This is slow work.


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 443

Otus Nycteus

* Eli smiles at Kyra and pours them both a glass of water. *

At least it's not as dusty as that office on Rigel VI...

* He fills Frankie's bowls with water and some food, and puts them on the ground. Frankie wags her tail and is wolfing down her food as soon as Eli lets go of the bowl. *


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 444

Kyra

*Kyra laughs and sits up*

Yeah, that was interesting.

*She smiles, thinking about it. She had felt more useful then*

*She gets up, takes a glass from Eli and sits down at the table*

Am I crazy, to miss that action?


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 445

Otus Nycteus

* Eli smiles and shakes his head. *

No, not really - but not everything about our job is action.

* He chuckles again. *

Though you can't complain you've had no action at all these last couple of months. The cave, Bastet, Beylix...


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 446

Kyra

*Kyra laughs*

I know, I guess I'm an adrenaline junkie.

*She looks thoughtful*

Are you happy doing nothing with Lucy?


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 447

Otus Nycteus

* Eli gives Kyra a curious look. *

What do you mean, "doing nothing with Lucy"?


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 448

Kyra

*Kyra shrugs*

You know, just sitting around, talking. Don't you always want to do something?

*She laughs softly*

I'm so restless all the time ... itchy ... I just don't like doing nothing.


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 449

Otus Nycteus

* Eli smiles at Kyra. *

Don't forget we've been together for about ten years. And yes, I've noticed that about you.

* He winks at her. *

If all this inaction is too much to bear, maybe we should start making dinner. That might help, at least for now.


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 450

Kyra

*Kyra smiles*

I can't imagine being in the same place with the same person for ten years.

*She gets up and moves to the kitchen bench*

Vegetarian pizza?


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 451

Otus Nycteus

* Eli smiles at Kyra. *

Stranger things have happened.

* He nods and gets out some vegetables and flour from the stasis box. *

Fine by me.


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 452

Kyra

*Kyra nods, then concentrates on making the dough while Eli sorts out the toppings. When the pizza is made and eaten, and the kitchen cleaned, Kyra takes Frankie for a walk outside*


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 453

Otus Nycteus

* Eli, Kyra and Frankie return to the tardis after another day in the Androcles' cargo bay. Eli is tired but satisfied, as they managed to finish the inventory. He fills Frankie's bowls and pours two large glasses of water. He hands one of them to Kyra and takes a big swig from the other. *

You okay?


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 454

Kyra

*Kyra nods as she splashes some water on her face and wipes her eyes, leaving traces of her fingers in the light layer of dust and grime on her face*

Yeah, I'm fine. But starving.

*She opens a few cupboards at random, searching for something unhealthy to eat*


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 455

Otus Nycteus

* Eli nods and takes a jar from one of the cupboards. He pours some of its contents into a bowl and places it on the table. *

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/80/94/22819480.jpg

This should tie us over until we start making dinner.

* He washes his hands before taking some of the peanuts. *


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 456

Kyra

*Kyra washes her hands as well, vaguely reflecting that she wouldn't have even known to a few cycles ago, then takes a handful of nuts and sits on a chair, which she plays with, seeing how long she can balance on one or two legs*

*When she has that mastered she throws nuts into the air and catches them in her mouth, until one nearly chokes her. The chair falls back to the ground heavily as Kyra coughs up the peanut then sheepishly chews on it*

Ahem ... anyway ... what's up?


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 457

Otus Nycteus

* Eli looks worried as Kyra almost chokes on one of the peanuts, but when she regains het composure he gives her a faint smile. *

Well, apparently I almost lost my liaison a few moments ago...

* He crunches down on a couple of peanuts and swallows them before continuing. *

Other than that, now we're ready with the inventory we'll have to check with the brothers which of the missing supplies they have used themselves. Then we'll know what exactly the thieves took.


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 458

Kyra

*Kyra grins*

You'd find another one, they're a dime a dozen on Rigel.

*She nods, pleased*

Good.


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 459

Otus Nycteus

* Eli shakes his head. *

No, they're not, and you know it.


Time Loop 2: the Androcles

Post 460

Kyra

*Kyra grins*

Sure they are, you can pick 'em up on any street corner.

*She stops teasing Eli anyway*

Okay, I'm indispensible.

*She winks*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more