A Conversation for Wind force twelve abaft the Beam

Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 1

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Hello I am Light, welcome to the 5th thread of the Lighthouse Bar We moved threads to try and ensure a speedy service. In here you will find almost any drink you can imagine strong \%/ , strong , and assortment of 's, strong refreshing 's and 's including some brewed on board, such as Firestarter and Lighthouse Pale Ale as well as the Dutch Hertog Jan, Coopers Dark and many more. >-| is a speciality of the house and we are the only place on this planet where you can get a . McLurchers is in limitless supply. There are fresh and an assortment of nibbles, including a limitless supply of . We also serve a special ... The >-| fridge is at the end of the bar and of course the Italian speaking Pizza Oven is here, still struggling to learn English - you have been warned! The wonderfully temperamental Internet Toaster has been refurbished and sits quietly in the corner wondering why everyone is ignoring it now it has learnt to make garlic toast. The Swash Bot the cleaning Robot will be joining us just as soon as it has finished clearing up in the old thread. The international coffee machine takes a prominent position behind the bar - still producing all sorts of 's some with interesting additions. is a speciality of the house. In the one corner is a roaring fire surrounded by comfortable sofa's, the occasional has been known to sleep there when the cabins are just too far away. The amazing and rather battered Zarniwoop piano is usually in the corner although it does seem to have developed a tendency to disappear (the regulars still regard with a certain amount of respect following some 'interesting' incidents in the second thread). The mini kilts and various other trophies are hung above the mantelpiece. The DJ booth shaped like a Beach hut has had a fresh coat of paint has been transformed changing room style into a trendy indoor gazebo with a rocking sofa made just for two ... Another corner is covered in mirrored and smoked glass - very hip and trendy looking ... Through the double windows is a balcony, complete with deck chairs and BBQ, an ideal spot on a sunny day or starry night. In the back room the Pub Quiz, the Link can be heard http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/F70774?thread=144952 Anyway come in, make yourself welcome! What can I get you? If I don't have what you want here please ask and I will go plunder (I mean borrow) it from somewhere. I have been known to get distracted / drunk from time to time so if ever I am not here help yourself If you have not been before don't worry about the backlog, this is a bar after all so just come in, have a drink and let the fun begin ...


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 2

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

*draggs in the ol' Zarniwoop piano*


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 3

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

Has anyone seen the wing chairs?


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 4

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Hopefully they are flying over from the old bar!

Can I get you a drink?

* hopes Alec gets here soon or his smiley - rocketsmiley - coffee will get cold! *


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 5

Hati


Please keep a ready for me until I return, I will need it very much. smiley - ta


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 6

Batty_ACE

smiley - runsmiley - puffsmiley - puffsmiley - puff

*Takes a nice in memory of Tuc and plants herself firmly on the sofa nearest the fire, being careful not to set the Mgreeh> to close to the open flame, (we're expecting another ice storm here tomorrow) then opens a battered and much loved copy of "Last Chance to See".

smiley - zzz


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 7

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Batty you look very at home there! Can I top your glass up?

* makes sure there is plenty of for Hati when she returns *

We have some very stormy weather here at the moment - the wind is blowing a gale and just listening to it makes you feel cold. I think this calls for some


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 8

Batty_ACE

smiley - sleepy Oh I am. smiley - winkeye The almost makes me all nice in toasty inside. smiley - erm Unless I have too much and start to smiley - steam.

How are you Light?


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 9

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Have you been working too hard again?

I am doing OK thanks Batty. Way too busy as usual but having fun. Only a little while before I move house in real life in about 2 weeks so due to spend tomorrow starting to pack up stuff from my cottage. Thursday was the opening night of a play at the local theatre and we went to help with the bar, ended up helping back stage, doing the bar, selling programmes and managing the front of house! Mind you - due to the inclemant weather there were not that many people there smiley - erm We go to see the play a week tonight - I am really looking forward to it smiley - biggrin


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 10

Batty_ACE

Let's see - I went and put petrol in the car and got my nails and feet done so now I'm just waiting for when PC arrives tonight.. smiley - erm and leaves on Monday again...

I'm also preparing for whatever Monday may bring. The ice storms are slated to return and tomorrow our local football team goes to the Super Bowl for the first time (they're a rather new team) so Monday will be a chaotic mess of icy roads and either wild celebration or utter annoyance, depending on the outcome of the game.


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 11

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

** comes in carrying a wing chair and sinks into it.**

Seemed a waste to leave it in the old thread.

Hi Light, any of that batch of left?

Your gale is coming our way now, a full force 9 at the coast and a lot of noise here outside.


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 12

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

It's finally nice here in NJ. The sun came out and the ice is melting. I went shopping for plants and bought a dwarf palm. When i got home, I discovered there were two plants in the pot, s I got two for the price for one.


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 13

Lighthousegirl - back on board

I had forgotten it was the superbowl this weekend! Sounds like it will spice up your Monday!

Of course there is some for you Marjin! Here you are smiley - smiley Glad you made it here


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 14

Marjin, After a long time of procrastination back lurking

smiley - cheers
It was difficult to miss it, as we were poised to gosmiley - runsmiley - winkeye


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 15

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

The newspaper meeting Sunday has been pushed until after the game has ended.


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 16

Lighthousegirl - back on board

That will make it a long night wont it smiley - erm


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 17

Alec Trician. (is keeping perfectly still)

*empties the bag with the remains of talkie-toaster on the bar and absent-mindedly tries to fit bits of it back together*

smiley - smileyHi Luz!!smiley - smiley

Nice new place you have here...reminds me of somewhere else...

*sips smiley - rocketsmiley - coffee*

it's cooled off a bit...the smiley - rocketsmiley - chocsmiley - milk sounds like a good idea, it's also known as a 'Lumumba' i think.

alec.smiley - clown


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 18

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

Alec, why are you rebuilding the toaster?


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 19

shagbark

shagbark walks in carrying a hardwood bar stool and goes over to the new toaster and helps himself to the garlic toast smiley - biggrin


Cabin 13 (V) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 20

Floh Fortuneswell

*serves samosas*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more