A Conversation for h2g2's Virtual Birthday Party

Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 21

Ottox

smiley - hugs to Abi! smiley - smiley

What happened on September 9th, 1999? Llama 1.1 was released, but there are *so* many people(*) registered on that day! A tv-interview or what???


(*) including Little Mischief smiley - smiley


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 22

shrinkwrapped

Huzzah for h2g2!

Yeah, I wonder what did happen? Maybe TW did an update to see how it was getting on, or DNA appeared in an article.


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 23

Jim Lynn

It was probably all those people wanting to discuss the moon having been flung out of Earth's orbit.


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 24

Ottox

smiley - yikes


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 25

Gullibility Personified

heh heh.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY h2g2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 26

taliesin

About researchers h2g2 'incarnations' celebrated as h2g2 birthdays:

Maybe when you registered is equivalent to conception,
home page equivalent to birth smiley - biggrin


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 27

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

If there was a page where I could find everyone's date of registry/activation, I would be willing to add them to the birthday pages. I'm not, however, willing to go through everyone's homepages and find the dates (I don't have time).


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 28

E G Mel

Jim appears to have a comprehensive list, but whether it requires a lot of faffing around to get it readable I don't know, we'll just have to smile nicely at him smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 29

Abi

Jim doesn't have a list as such but he can find out when you joined...

It is just that with over 75,000 registered researchers a proper listw would take up an awful lot of pages! smiley - winkeye


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 30

E G Mel

How many of those registered researchers are active?

Mel smiley - hsif


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 31

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

* smiley - smileysmiley - smiley nicely at Jim*


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 32

E G Mel

smiley - biggrin to Jim smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif

Only joking, I'm sure Jim's got better things to do than look up researchers joining dates just coz they smiley - smiley nicely at him smiley - winkeye


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 33

broelan

i found h2g2 by following a link in an email i received from the starship titanic website. i registered the same day so i could comment on an article i found, but i didn't figure out the whole introduction thing until a few weeks after that (i'm computer stupid).

is it possible that on or about the 9th september 99 there was a mass email campaign?


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 34

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

That must be it as I was on the Starship Titanic site too..

::Drink, smiley - drunk, smiley - drunker?::


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 35

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

I was actually thinking along the lines of something like the search output pages, where it can display dates for a section of users (eg all who registered on a particular day) and hyperlinks to get others.


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 36

E G Mel

That would be cool! It might involve another Gadget though, maybe we should post something in the GML Gadget thread! What do people think?

Mel smiley - hsif


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 37

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Zounds good tome!


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 38

E G Mel

Am doing it now!

Mel smiley - hsif


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more