A Conversation for h2g2's Virtual Birthday Party

Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 1

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

Happy birthday to you
You're H2G2
You have lots of great entries
And look better in Goo


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 2

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Oh yeah - D'oh - ::slaps head with hand and falls over into a semi-colon this time!::


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 3

Abi

Great poem

It made all the Editorial Team laugh!smiley - laugh

Thanks smiley - hug


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 4

Cloviscat

Two years old! Let's see what the psychologists say about this development-wise:
"At two years old, the helpless dribbling should have stopped, but rebelliousness, temper-tantrums and attention-seeking behaviour will be commonplace. Coherent communication will still be a long way off"

'Nuff said smiley - smiley

Congratulations!


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 5

NexusSeven

ROFL! smiley - laugh


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 6

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

V. Close to the Truth! (surprising for a Psycho!!)smiley - laugh


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 7

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Heading for the BAr!!!!

::smiley - drunk from the Fumes::


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 8

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Happy Birthday!

nice to be here for the 2nd - by which time the baby might be a little more coherent!


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 9

coelacanth

Happy Birthday!
smiley - fish


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 10

E G Mel

Happy Birthday H2G2,

Can we have a list somewhere of when members joined, perhaps like the birthday list so we can celebrate the 'h2g2 birthdays'

You know it makes sense, it's and excuse for a party! smiley - winkeye

Melsmiley - hsif


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 11

shrinkwrapped

Hmm, well there's already a list of Researchers' Birthdays at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A293195 - but I can't remember the exact day I joined, nor can I find out because all of my old journal entries have been hidden... smiley - sadface

I know it was in the same week as when h2g2 was launched... beginning of March, probably.


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 12

Jim Lynn

1st May was when your user page was created...


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 13

Jim Lynn

However, according to the database, 29th April, 17:54:20 (GMT) was when you first registered and activated your account.


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 14

broelan

i know i logged this identity on sometime last october, but i'm not sure when i originally joined. little mischief is my alter ego, u89093. any idea how old that one is?


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 15

shrinkwrapped

Cor Jim, how's that for being precise?!
I actually found out it was May 1st by finding out when I wrote my intro page. It's a shame all the really old threads have vanished, I'd like to see what everyone was talking about in the first week.

Mostly Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, probably...


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 16

shrinkwrapped

Hmm... according to your old Userpage (Mischief) it says October 14th 1999 - so I assume it was very near then.


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 17

Ottox

Why dont you call Jim what you called ....me?... smiley - winkeye
He's even smarter! smiley - biggrin


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 18

shrinkwrapped

I can't do that, he's an Italic! What with his powers over the database, he could do all sorts to my account.

Hmm, okay then, I take back the smart 'A' commment, because you're not NEARLY as clever as Jim. smiley - winkeye

Dear me, all this partying's making me a bit abusive tonight! I am sorry.


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 19

Ottox

Sissy! smiley - nahnah

smiley - ale??? smiley - smiley


Not to be opened until tomorrow. Under any circumstances. THIS MEANS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 20

Abi

Hi Guys

Just dropped by to wish the site a proper Happy Birthday! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more