A Conversation for The BOF Inn (Under Construction)

BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 81

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I think we should cover it with wallpaper.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 82

Wumbeevil

Excellent ideal Lil.

*Gets out hammer and nails and proceeds to attach wallpaper to Rover. Is puzzled by the ever decreasing estimate of paper and nails required, and the ever increasing puddle of blackcurrant jam on the lino. Shrugs and mounts Rover on the wall neext to the mousehead. Uses the blackcurrant jam to paste up the rest of the wallpaper*


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 83

Pheroneous

Such vision, such creativity! Where were we when they needed us?

**Shovels up remaining blackcurrant jam, to be recycled in kitchens**

(Kitchens? What kitchens?)


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 84

Munchkin

Alas poor Rover, I knew him well Number 6
Hmm, anyway, if there are kitchens, can I order a bacon sarnie. I am very hungry, what with this domino playing and decoration avoidance


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 85

Pheroneous

I am not a number. Have a smiley - burger, best I can do. And who's playing dominoes? Where? Is that allowed? Does that not sound a bit like fun and games?


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 86

Munchkin

With the state the dominos are in I don't think you can call it fun. Lovely smiley - burger by the way, but did you have to put Mayonaise in it? Oh, and have you got any brown sauce?


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 87

Pheroneous

Well, there had better not be any enjoyment going on anywhere. Thats all I can say. And, whats wrong with mayonnaise on a bacon buttie anyway? You want proper cooking, get a chef.

Hey, anyone know a good chef. We could have a nice cafe attached, of the greasy spoon variety of course. Or, perhaps an Italian, but forty years old and never been altered since, apart from innovatory chianti bottles with bent candles stuck in the tops.

Any ideas???


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 88

Wand'rin star

I don't think the menu should contain more than the following:
Crisps - salt in blue twists of paper. No flavours
Pork scratchings -three packets left on card since 1973
Pickled eggs
Pickled onions (no pickle forks are actually ever found in this pub)
Week old mince-pies on New Year's Eve
Nothing else. People who want food can go to the chippie (where they still use lard for frying, I believe)


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 89

Pheroneous

What, not even those lovely ham sandwiches made with curly bread and ham with a nice metallic sheen to it.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 90

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

And those three different-coloured rocks they call a ploughman's lunch, don't forget that.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 91

Wumbeevil

...and the chewy bits at the bottom of a pint of real ale.

*blows up a 20 foot yeast balloon and marches round the pub shouting 'Save the Yeast', until he's set upon by a gang of Norwegian/Japanese Marmite Liberation Front protestors who beat him up and steal his balloon for research purposes*


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 92

Pheroneous

Something seems to have gone a bit wrong with wumbeevil here.

**peers curiously over rather smeary half frame reading glasses**


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 93

Wumbeevil

Aaaargh! Eeeek! Ow! Geroff!

Wha..wha..what? Oh, it was all a dream!

Sorry about that, a pint of Olde Sweatysocks always sends me to sleep. It saves having to drink it you see.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 94

Titania (gone for lunch)

I was just watching a TV-show called something like 'Aim at the stars' with a lot of amateurs impersonating various artists, and was completely overwhelmed by a young man impersonating Nat King Cole, singing 'Unforgettable'.... *dreamy look in her eyes*


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 95

Pheroneous

If I may add a personal vote here, I would also reckon Nat King Cole. I do like his early stuff with just a trio, but will happily listen all day to the later ballads and am pleased to catch him on TV as and when they show his old shows on some distant cable station.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 96

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

[Phillipa]

*Tentatively opening the door, mari-rae's useful niece Phillipa enters the Middle Age Division. She is happy to see some familiar faces inside.* smiley - smiley

Hallo, everyone!


Removed

Post 97

Wumbeevil

This post has been removed.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 98

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

[Phillipa]

*Bursts into tears*

Sorry, I always cry when I see other people crying. Can't help it. We're crying over that corny song??? Have you done 'Tell Laura I Love Her', yet?


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 99

Wumbeevil

*bursts into 96 tears*

I'd forgotten all about Laura, yeah that's a goody.

*deliberately faces away from the jukebox and his tears turn him into a jetski to propel him back towards it. Looks at the CDs, skips over seasons in the sun and butterfly for bucky, to put on the offending item.*

Global warming nothing, it's this pub that's flooding the world.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 100

Wumbeevil

Aaaaargh! Noooooo! Help! No, not that one please. Betrayed by my brain again....
What was the one about the girl dying after arguing with her boyfriend and then all he could get was a message on an answering machine?

*drinks a gallon of Old Sweatysocks to spare himself further torture and passes out*


Key: Complain about this post