A Conversation for The BOF Inn (Under Construction)

BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 61

Wumbeevil

Are you sure that's wise Lil? If it reminds some of them *points with proboscis* of Africa, we're gonna get hit with tales of the Empire. Before we know what's hit us, Hugh Grant'll be strolling in.

*goes back to his crayons and crossword*


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 62

jr52 (ting-a-)

*um* *snort* *snuffle*
'bang' 'bang' 'bang'
*um* *snort* *um* *snuffle* *erm* *snore*


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 63

Wumbeevil

*retrieves bikini from jr52's single nostril and lays it on the line again. Wonders how to further impress on TT that he is a genuine shee....Scot and not a Russian agent or an American in a kilt. Sits down and smokes a fag while he thinks about it*

Nice choice of wallpaper after all Lil, at least this won't stain it.

smiley - angel


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 64

Pheroneous

I expect that nice Hugh Grant chap has gone to look after the towels in the ladies loo. You would think it was made for him,up here. Look, can't we all sit on a stool and be a boy band, gorillalife or somesuch. Might as well be famous if we can't be decorators, and I always wanted a mirrorball on the ceiling. Please can we have a mirrorball somewhere Lil, please, if we promise not to sing.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 65

Wand'rin star

Oh dear, I was looking forward to seasonal singsongs round the piano. You _have_ got a slightly out of tune piano somewhere,haven't you?
Then somebody like me, who irritatingly knows all the words of anything befoe 1963, can lean on it and mouth them (can't hold a tune,you know)


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 66

Munchkin

Did someone say we were in The Village? Crikey, has anyone seen Patrick MacGoohan, I want to get his autograph, as well as check how to spell his name. I've always wanted one of those Moke things.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 67

Pheroneous

Ah, to be squashed by a water filled balloon!


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 68

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*returning from a scour of flea markets*

*scandalised* A disco ball! Well, only if it's dusty and doesn't turn smoothly.

I found an upright piano that ought to fill the bill. It has nicotine-stained keys that are of varying heights, and several of the notes in the middle range are slightly jangly. And it plays rolls, too. Look at the ring-shaped stains all over the top!

And here's the wallpaper. *puts down a bundle of rolls, paste and a tote bag of tools* It's up to you lot to put it up. Try not to get the paste in your smiley - ale .


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 69

Pheroneous

Disco!!! Disco!!! No, I meant the sort they use for ballroom dancing. I need to practice my foxtrot, very smooth leg action, so I'm told!


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 70

TwoSeas, (Keeper of the Trident)

*Smiles secretively*
Lay it on the line means to risk something you value by being absolutely truthful.

There's not much you can carry around when you're wearing a bikini, so...


Removed

Post 71

Wumbeevil

This post has been removed.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 72

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Them being the first to go in this game?




BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 73

Wumbeevil

*takes to the floor under the disco ball, struts his stuff and sings, sings, sings....*

Everybody's doing a brand new dance now,
come on baby do the locobobbit
I know you'll get to like those wheel marks on your pants now
come on baby do the locobobbit...

...or it's back to the Monkees I'm afraid...

Take the last train to hospital
and we'll treat you for castration
You can go there if its hurty
and we'll cure the mangulation
But don't be slow, oh no, no, no!


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 74

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*to Pheroneus*

See? Get a disco ball in the place and the next thing you know you have people raving and rubbing their bodies against the new wallpaper. They'll be reading Balzac next.


Removed

Post 75

TwoSeas, (Keeper of the Trident)

This post has been removed.


Removed

Post 76

Wumbeevil

This post has been removed.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 77

jr52 (ting-a-)

I was under the impression that to table a motion was to close it down for the time being. Could be mistaken but, probably not (wouldn't admit it anyway, I mean I was under the impression that defending a shaky or indefensible position against all attempts at logic or rational thought was a staple of BOF's). Anyway, (I really can't believe I'm doing this) I second the motion to restore Rover. Just the thing to keep jocularity and mirthful exuberence in check, by gum.
BTW, do subversives follow rules of meetings? And if so, is it a ploy to seemingly be conforming whilst actually conforming? Really late and not quite as coherent as a BOF should be.
See, there it goes again. Am I supposed to be coherent as a BOF?
I'm sooooo confused.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 78

Pheroneous

I did your link, Messrs Trees. Thought I was lost for a moment. So, Rover was full of air? Shatter my illusions would you! You might at least have said blackcurrant jelly or something. I'd believe you. Portmerion was the place. There seems an unconscionable amount of vigorous activity in here! And in the ladies. I can't imagine what that super Divine person is going to do to that nice floppy Grant chap (I can, but would rather not say, not a pretty picture at all). We've still got that nice young village girl outside too, I'll go and get her (It may take some time) Heads down, chaps, front page of the post this week. Not good. Coherence, jr52 is totally unnecessary, and would probably be taken as an implied over enthusiasm anyway, necessitating referral to minutes and ascribing of functions. Worry not! You're the chair!


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 79

Munchkin

I am reliably informed by a friend who tried that public transport to The Village/Portmerion is non-existent. So, it is almost as difficult to get in as out. I believe this is the sort of matter we should be writing to our MP about. Public Transport to Top Secret government bases is what this country is all about I say.


BOF, Middle Age Division

Post 80

TwoSeas, (Keeper of the Trident)

I vote with keeping Rover. However, he's too dangerous for one person to control. If Rover takes you out, you might never come back. He should be more of a bouncer. Do we need a Rover committee? I nominate our queen of continuity, Lil, as chairperson.


Key: Complain about this post