A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 361

lw - ck

Final fantasy team doing CGI? it would take a centuary and they'd probably go bankrupt!

smiley - angelCKsmiley - devil


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 362

Evil Roy: Maestro of the Thingite Orchestra, Knight Errant of the Thingite Cause, Prince of Balwyniti, Aussie Researchers A59204

I think Terry Farrell (Jadzia Dax in "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine", Reggie in Becker) would make an excellent Trillian.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 363

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Yeah but, we should keep the cast British!!


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 364

Evil Roy: Maestro of the Thingite Orchestra, Knight Errant of the Thingite Cause, Prince of Balwyniti, Aussie Researchers A59204

I don't see why the cast should be entirely British. I also don't believe for one second that, in a movie being produced by Disney in the US, you will get an exclusively British cast. Nor do I think it appropriate.

The range of characters in the film would be hampered by all being cast as British. Too much sameness for characters which are from different planets, let alone countries.

Whilst the character of Arthur IS (and MUST be) British, the Ford character is not, the Zaphod charcter is definitely not and Trillian could go either way.

But I don't want to see another dizzy blonde in the role. The actress in the series was a major disappointment, as far as I'm concerned.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 365

orangerocket

What about the director? I reckon Terry Gilliam??


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 366

Old Uncle Zarniwoop

How about Mark Moxon getting his directors debut !!!!


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 367

stu...keeper of groovy 60 s style music

good idea pity about the actors
if it does come out when and where will we be able to see it
do tell we must know and inform the masses


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 368

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

I think it should be directed by Paul Reubens with a cast of unknowns
of indeterminate sex and the voices should be done like an animated film.
I'm worried about Marvin and Slartibartfast.
and the book will probably look one of those palm piglets, but with fins and stuff.
And if it's an American prod, they'll probably yank the whole cricket motif and shove Robin Williams and Janeane Garofolo (sp?) in just to make it marketable. And some shmuck from 'Friends', too.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 369

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Well, the book is British, and Ford was 'from Guildford' after all smiley - smiley


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 370

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

However he wasn't really, so an american doing an imitation should pass.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 371

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Quite, but Trills has to be British - she comes from Islington after all...


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 372

Purple Moose - He comes, he goes. But mainly the latter...

I think Rooster would be good with a strong American accent!
smiley - reindeer


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 373

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

No reason why not - I just always saw him as an Aussie....


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 374

Evil Roy: Maestro of the Thingite Orchestra, Knight Errant of the Thingite Cause, Prince of Balwyniti, Aussie Researchers A59204

I hate to disagree (Again!), Argon, but you're only assuming that Trillian is British. Is she from Islington? The book states ONLY that Arthur MET her (and Zaphod - a.k.a. "Phil") at a party in an Islington flat. It does not say that it was her flat.

Also, she is described as "slim, darkish, humanoid, with long waves of black hair, a full mouth, an odd little knob of a nose and ridiculously brown eyes." It goes on to say that "she looked vaguely Arabic". No mention that I can find of her definitely being British.

This is all taken from the original book. If you can find any further info about her from the rest of the trilogy, please tell me.

smiley - smileysmiley - musicalnote


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 375

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Hmmm... What about her Phone No.??? And that "it was either that or the dole queue again on Monday"?

Both of which imply living (at least) in Britain....

Oh and (darn I'm going ot have to type this out smiley - grr) "...within those thirty seconds are 2 to the power of 267709 to 1 against....is also the telephone number of an Islington flat......" this no. then turns out to be Trillians (actually I surmise that as the book doesn't actually say that it is only that peoples lives are ruled by telephone nos.)....


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 376

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

It only says that it's the phone number of the flat where Arthur and Trillian met.


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 377

Zem

I think Jim carrey would be better as zphaod.

he is a good zany character


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 378

Purple Moose - He comes, he goes. But mainly the latter...

NO, me thinks that us researchers have already had this conversatio...
we DO NOT want Jim Carrey!
(no offence)
Sorry
smiley - reindeer


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 379

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Well, seeing as the radio play is really the definitive version, I think that as the cast were all English, the actors in the film should also be English (with the exception of Zaphod).

No Jim Carrey - funny guy, but in this film? I don't think so. smiley - erm


Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Post 380

Me, Myself, I, The Old Coot In My Closet, And The Incomparable Id [Call me "Id" for short.]

I don't know why . . . but I always pictured Ford Prefect as looking like Gene Wilder . . .

*ducks in case anyone sees fit to throw tomatoes*

smiley - smiley
Id


Key: Complain about this post

Plans for the H2G2 Movie

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more