A Conversation for The Meanings of Usernames

Open for Analysing...

Post 101

Biscuit Buscemi

I've had a few names on the net, most of which are derived from various films, books or TV programmes. But Biscuit Buscemi is the one I use most. It's as familiar to me now as my real name! I'd love to know what impression it creates on people.


Analysing for Rosemariini...

Post 102

iaoth

Thanks, Lucinda. smiley - blush It hardly compared to your incredible attention to detail. You're a regular Sherlock Holmes of usernames. smiley - smiley


Jumping on the bandwagon!

Post 103

Shimoda

My theory, though I'm not an experienced analyst, on using the name Fenchurch but calling yourself Fenny is that you have a sense of morals and right order, but that you don't want to be strict about it. You're a loose, sort of carefree individual who buckles down when she has to get the job done. Yes, she, and I'd estimate 18-27 agewise.


Jumping on the bandwagon!

Post 104

Dorothy Outta Kansas

Thanks Shimoda

You did pretty well smiley - smiley

Yes, I'm a she; and if I say you were out by a few months (I'm 28), that's not too bad! I'd prefer to be more carefree and relaxed, but unfortunately that's not possible at work. I reckon I have a strong social conscience (although perhaps I'd be stricter about it than you think). I picked Fenchurch as a woman's name, but then the rebel in me decided that I would shorten it exactly as the fictional Fenchurch *hated* having the name shortened.

The Honky Tonk Thumper was a way to distinguish my Fenchurch from all the other Fenchurches, and allow me to say I make loud banging noises with a piano.

I'm still waiting on a reading for Jaguar/Jaguarette and Elitan... I'll fill those gaps in after I've waited a bit longer!

So thanks again for the theory and keep up the practice - I'd like to offer you a reading and return the compliments but I don't know if you've had yours "done", so I'll bottle my half-baked reading until you ask me for it!!

x x Fenny


Open for Analysing...

Post 105

Steviebab (Squad No. 8)

Help, I have no sense of my own identity! Please tell me all about Steviebab so that I can begin to truly know myself.smiley - silly


Inept analysis of Biscuit Buscemi.....

Post 106

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

hmmmm....

I feel like I must give this a shot....

Biscuit Buscemi.

Well, the first thing I think of when I see that name is the actor, Steve Buscemi. This guy makes a career out of being disturbing, especially in the ways in which he manages to get the audience to empathasize with characters and actions that most people would normally find frightening or perverse or just plain odd. The fact that you take this as a name lends me to think that you embrace those parts of life that the mainstream find disturbing. Of course, it's possible that the root of the Buscemi has nothing at all to do with the actor, in which case I have no clue.... smiley - smiley

Tacking the "biscuit" onto the front, however, gives it a whole different meaning. I'm under the impression that you're of the British persuasion, which means that you are really meaning what I think of as a cookie when you say biscuit, rather than what I think of a biscuit, which is really a just a small and rather bad scone (and I just finished eating one slathered in peanut butter....). Anyways, so going with the "cookie" meaning of the "biscuit" lends me to suspect that you are female (men are much less likely to identify with pastry, methinks), and that you try not to take yourself or life too seriously.

I've never known anyone who goes by Biscuit here in the US (quite possibly because it is the name of an incredibly nasty drinking game), but I have known quite a few Cookies. All women, all of the type that made an effort not to take things too seriously, and also made an effort to enjoy all the little obscure pleasures in life. Of course, many of the "Cookies" I've known here have also enjoyed the double play with "kooky", meaning to tip towards the insane side of the things in an amusing kind of way.

Between what I've gleaned from the Buscemi and the Biscuit, I would also venture to guess that you're rather young -- definitely under 25, and most likely under 20. It's also worth noting that you've latched onto a name which is very obviously unique -- there are unlikely to be lots of little Biscuit Buscemi's wandering around. The fact that you use this name in multiple settings lends me to believe that you enjoy being recognized and remembered.

Oh, and I also find it amusing that if the words were swapped to "Buscemi Biscuit", that it would have a completely different connotation to me.

smiley - smiley
Mikey, who actually found this rather amusing even though she's never done this kind of thing before....


Jumping on the bandwagon!

Post 107

Shimoda

Mine hasn't been done yet. All are welcome to put in their two cents.


Open for Analysing...

Post 108

trgz

Hi, hate to go ego-trippin' but I thought I'd run my pseudonym (a word of interesting origin in itself) by you. My homespace gives my belief of its origin (don't peek, at least not until after you've analysed it) but I'm curious of a 2nd opinion. I do have a variation of trgzbaby as someone else on a particular very well known system had already beaten me to it.
trgz
smiley - biggrin


Open for Analysing...

Post 109

Ishmael

Hy,
I´d be gratefull if you could try to analyse my usernames. One is "Signor Mountanto", another "pilgrim" and yet another "pilgrim".
If you get these names together i´d be very interested in your results.


Open for Analysing...

Post 110

Ishmael

Hy,
I´d be gratefull if you could try to analyse my usernames. One is "Signor Mountanto", another "pilgrim" and yet another "hitherto".
If you get these names together i´d be very interested in your results.


Inept analysis of Biscuit Buscemi.....

Post 111

Biscuit Buscemi

*Applauds!*

Well done! I think everything you've said is more or less spot-on! Of course, you could have got the age, sex and British details from my user page...but I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt. smiley - smiley

Thanks for your analysis!

Biscuit.
xxx


Inept analysis of Shimoda

Post 112

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

What the hell, I'll give this one a shot, but please bear in mind that this is my first attempt, and is likely to end badly...

The term Shimoda is not familiar to me, but it sounds Japanese to my ears. This suggests either a Japanese ancestry, or a fascination with Japanese culture... video games, animation, and martial arts come to mind. It strikes me as very likely that the name comes from a fictional character from one of these areas, if it is not a Japanese term for something else. Given that these parts of Japanese cultures are widely embraced in the Western world by adolescent males, I would guess that the bearer of this name is a male under 21.

And now I'll check your user page to see how badly I did...


Open for Analysing...

Post 113

Rhyolyn

Rhyolyn is the only name I have ever chosen for myself, and it _is_ me in VL. Wherever I have presence, I use this name. I, too, wouold be interested in the impression this name gives to others. I will welcome _all_ replies.


Inept analysis of Rhyolyn

Post 114

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I'll give this one a shot, too... maybe I can save my reputation on this one.

Rhyolyn strikes me first as a very creative name. I read it to rhyme with 'violin', which obviously sounds musical, and the 'rhy' beginning reminds me of rhythm and rhyme. It looks a bit feminine to me, and the creative spelling, along with the musical impressions, lead me to believe that the owner of this name is musically and/or poetically inclined. The name also reminds me of certain styles of naming in fantasy, so I would guess that the owner of this name is a fan of that genre.

The name doesn't betray much more than that to me. It is slightly feminine, but not necessarily so, and it doesn't give me an impression of an age, either. A name this vague suggests to me that its user prefers to cloak his/herself in anonymity, and doesn't give up too much personal information. A wary and wise cyber-traveller, this one. The consistent use of the same name suggests that Rhyolyn is well-traveled on the internet, and prefers to be recognized by the people he/she knows and likes, but draws a distinct line between cyber friendships and real relationships. This tells me that Rhyolyn is very mature, and so I guess a minimum age of 25. But with no other clues to age, this one could be much older.


Analyise ME!!! ANALYISE ME!!!

Post 115

yashya

come on do me..... do me!! **ahem**
yeah.... what does my name say about me????
YAHSYA.... come on... it's japanese if that's any help
ANYLISE ME!!!


Inept analysis of Shimoda

Post 116

Shimoda

No need to check my user page, I'll tell you how wrong you were here. smiley - smiley
The name Shimoda is not, in the least, Japanese. It's the last name of a character in Illusions by Richard Bach; Don Shimoda. While, yes, I do like martial arts a bit, I think we can chalk that up to a lucky guess. I'm a fan of culture in most respects, so that could be said to be half true.
I AM male, but over 21.


Inept analysis of Shimoda

Post 117

Shimoda

No need to check my user page, I'll tell you how wrong you were here. smiley - smiley
The name Shimoda is not, in the least, Japanese. It's the last name of a character in Illusions by Richard Bach; Don Shimoda. While, yes, I do like martial arts a bit, I think we can chalk that up to a lucky guess. I'm a fan of culture in most respects, so that could be said to be half true.
I AM male, but over 21.


Inept analysis of Shimoda

Post 118

Shimoda

No need to check my user page, I'll tell you how wrong you were here. smiley - smiley
The name Shimoda is not, in the least, Japanese. It's the last name of a character in Illusions by Richard Bach; Don Shimoda. While, yes, I do like martial arts a bit, I think we can chalk that up to a lucky guess. I'm a fan of culture in most respects, so that could be said to be half true.
I AM male, but over 21.


Inept analysis of Shimoda

Post 119

Shimoda

Well, my personal space won't tell you much. It will if you explore more, but not itself.
Shimoda is the last name of Don (Don Shimoda) in Illusions (Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah), by Richard Bach. It has absolutely nothing to do with Japan. I am a bit of a fan of martial arts, but I think we can chalk that up to a lucky guess. I'm a fan of culture in generaly including Japanese culture, but more with ancient Japanese culture. Half right.
I *am* male, but over 21.


Inept analysis of Shimoda

Post 120

Shimoda

Well, my personal space won't tell you much. It will if you explore more, but not itself.
Shimoda is the last name of Don (Don Shimoda) in Illusions (Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah), by Richard Bach. It has absolutely nothing to do with Japan. I am a bit of a fan of martial arts, but I think we can chalk that up to a lucky guess. I'm a fan of culture in generaly including Japanese culture, but more with ancient Japanese culture. Half right.
I *am* male, but over 21.


Key: Complain about this post