A Conversation for Escape From Poco Island...

Galaxy Babe

Post 201

Kes

*Kes notices ddgb*
Babe - oh! Looks as if you've had a bad time too. Join the crew!
First - about GB - do you know iof she needs any special medicine, potion, or anything? It will probably be OK just to let her rest, but any knowledge would be useful.
Now about you - what's the problem, and how can I help?


Galaxy Babe

Post 202

Lintilla

*return with the water, her tears now dried*
is there anything else I can do to help kes?


Galaxy Babe

Post 203

Lintilla

*now aware of three stranders on the brach, the shy little girl move closer to kes' side and takes his hand for security.*


Galaxy Babe

Post 204

Kes

Lintilla - yes there is. Give GB a hug, and think of some of the nice things an angel can do. You don't have to say anything - she will hear what you think - give her a bit of energy back. Keep an eye on GB, and let me know if she wakes up - or if she goes too quiet.
No - don't worry - just hug - be extra brave - enough to share with GB.


Galaxy Babe

Post 205

Lintilla

*hesitates while she makes a logic connection;
she trusts peaceful... peaceful says kes is good... good says this injured angel is good... therefore it must be true. she smiles, satisfied with her conclusion and goes to hug the unconsious soul.*


Galaxy Babe - an angel is down

Post 206

Kes

*GB is being watched; Lintilla and Kiddo are happy to do that for a while.
ddgb is having a cry and a think.
Kes uses the lull to go to the cave. He wakes Peaceful and explains:*

Peaceful. While you were asleep, GB helped me to find treasure.
There is a chest full of treasure on the beach. You can have as much as you can carry.
GB has taken all the treasure she wanted; I have taken .. well, perhaps more than I should.
I am going to tell everyone - so they all get a share, but I felt I owed it to you to tell you first.
I can dig up the chest at any time before we leave. You have a think, and come and get as much as you desire.

*Kes now hears what Crab said about empty arms. He wonders whether Peaceful will take the treasure ... for that matter - what of the others, ddgb (perhaps) in particular. It will be interesting to see what they do ...*


Time to put it on record ...

Post 207

Kes

*Kes returns to the beach. Lintilla is dozing, snuggled up against GB, who seems more at peace than before. He looks back at Peaceful, who is deep in thought.*

One down, one to go.

*He approaches ddgb, who has been alone with her thoughts and ruined eye-makeup*

Babe - had a rough time? *She nods*
You've had a pretty wild time up to now, haven't you? *A faint smile*
Life's a party for you?
*Was that Crab's voice on the wind? .... "For the wildest things happen at parties, don't they, my dear?" .....*
*Kes kneels down next to her. This is the first time that he's seen her not in total control. He had assumed that the mask was the person ... perhaps it was not*
I .. took you at face value .. I may have undervalued you.
*ddgb embraces Kes, but the outcome is not what might have been expected. Instead of a quick fix - a one-night stand, there's just ... comfort. She relaxes, sobs, and sobs*
Babe - I know you've got a tough shell, and I understand that when you've got this off your chest ... (an unworthy thought flits though Kes's mind - not appropriate now - filed for future reference) ... I understand that you'll go back into control mode. So this may be the only opportunity I have to talk to ... you - the Queen of Cups - not the Lady of Broken Hearts.
OK. Thank you, ddgb. When we met up, it would have been obvious to you that I was a lad of limited experience. You didn't get there first, as you know, but ... well, it would have been easy for you to have treated me like a kid ... but you didn't. Sure, you got what you wanted, but I .... well, I appreciate your patience.
You know - if you can control your nature, you would be very aware of others and their wants and needs. So ... thank you.
You can put the mask on again, whenever you're ready - and you can give me your 'phone number - you never know.
*They cuddle - that's all. Wherever he is, Crab recites the "Morning" section from his party poem*


Time to put it on record ...

Post 208

Kes

*ddgb's sobs subside. This is a great relief to Kes - having determined to "do the right thing(s)", whatever they may be, he has had a very tough half hour, holding ddgb close and watching everything that moves about when ladies sob. He escapes the embrace without waking her, stands up, and waves to Peaceful, who just nods back ... still thinking.

*He checks on Lintilla (dreaming) and Galaxy Babe (apparently OK - hard to tell) - to whom he whispers:*
Thanks for the advice.

*With something of a shock, he realises that today is scheduled as the last day for Survivors. His reaction is mostly ... regret.*

Well, there are a few things to do before we go.

*For the last couple of days, the condition of his clothes has annoyed him - the are clean - regular swims have seen to that, but, of course, once they dry, they are caked in salt. They look dusty, and feel rough. He strips to his underpants, and hangs his shirt and trousers under the fresh water falling down the cliff face.*

*First idea was a swim, but he remembers that while they were metal detecting, they picked up a second, faint signal - the place is atill marked in the sand.*
Might as well find out what it was - good exercise.
*He takes the shovel, and digs around where Peaceful had marked the sand. About a foot down, he encounters a small object - a metal drinking vessel. Not very shiny - probably pewter - a tulip-shaped container - no stem - on a round base. It's engraved with pictures of sailing ships - appropriate. Probably holds about 13 fluid ounces - too small for beer, too large for wine - never mind.*

Well, we'll have a cup to drink from on our last day.

*He rinses it - that sparkled it up a bit, then a sensation of needing to complete a pattern comes over him. Small things - all interconnected, and if you can't control the large things, then at least do the small things right ....*

*A shovel in one hand, the drinking vessel in the other, he goes first to Peaceful, and hands her the shovel*
Here you are - yours, I think.
*Peaceful accepts, smiles, but looks blank.*
Call it a spade, or a sword, Queen. Dig 'em up, or cut 'em down ... or plant a garden - your choice.

*Down the beach to ddgb, placing the vessel close to her, without waking her*
Lady -your cup. Fill it with tears or wine - as is your pleasure.

*He removes his clothes from their rinse, and spreads them to dry on the rocks. And at last, a refreshing, long swim ... then a fresh-water rinse, and then into relatively clean clothes.

*Kes sits apart from his friends, watching the shore - watching over the treasure, and understanding at last that most of the treasure is above ground.*


Time to put it on record ...

Post 209

stinkywigfiddle

Kiddo:
~Sigh~
the last day...
*He lies in the sand and eventually falls to sleep.*


Time to put it on record ...

Post 210

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* PE slowly begins to become aware of her surroundings. That was a long thinking session indeed.

* Two brain cells trying to become alert...

* One sleeping child. One highly perplexed Kiddo. One angel recovering from a fall... and, perhaps, something else. One very hardworking, resourceful stamp collector.

* One ddgb????

* What??!! #%^lsksjfjuu!!!!


Time to put it on record ...

Post 211

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* Ignore her... for now, thinks lovely PE. Not worth the trouble. She's suffering enough anyway.

* She remembers Kes had asked her a question about the treasure... She remembers the Angel had been trying to protect that stamp...
To keep it safe for Kes? To keep it safe from her? To keep it safe?

* Treasure-stamp... treasure-stamp. She ponders...


Time to put it on record ...

Post 212

Kes

You're with us again, Peaceful? You were thinking for a long time.
*Gives her a hug and kiss*
Sorry to be a pain, but time is running out. We will be leaving soon.
Buried treasure - gold - remember? I see you've brought the shovel ...
What is your wish? Gold, or ...?


Time to put it on record ...

Post 213

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

Alright Kes, you do deserve an answer. You've been working very hard... and not just these last few days... you've learned a lot.

So have I, you know. When I came here... I didn't know I was crazy...
But I was, you see. Then I became a lemur... That angel over there, poor soul - she really made me well again. She did it with Tweetie... People have been doing things for others - just for the sake of being kind.

That is a treasure. I've found that out... It's something about the beauty that comes from within...

So look at the folks here on the beach - the Angel.. and Kiddo.. and the cute young child. They are good people. They deserve to be just as happy as we do...


Time to put it on record ...

Post 214

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

Even that ... creature... she deserves to be happy too... [as long as she doesn't come too near, or I'll forget myself!]

We have learned a lot about survival on this island.

Let's divide the treasure with everyone on the island...

Let's never forget about the greater treasure we've found...


Time to put it on record ...

Post 215

Kes

*Kes is relieved beyond words. He completely believes everything that Peaceful has just said; the path forward becomes clear. He embraces Peaceful. Thoughts and words struggle, but do not yet emerge. For a minute or two, contact is enough.*


Time to put it on record ...

Post 216

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* PE becomes aware that time is running out. Time has also become a treasure on this strange, tropical island...

* She gazes at Kes, now aware that the others' well-being is just as important as her own...


Time to put it on record ...

Post 217

Kes

*Brain and vocal cords perform a soft reset, and are restored*
Peaceful - I'm glad you're not angry with ddgb any more. Truth is, you have nothing more to fear from her. She's got the opportunity to learn from this experience - just as the rest of us have. It may not be her time yet, but the time will come. Now, my love, one more kiss, then to work!
*As good as his word - just one kiss - but of indeterminate duration*


Time to put it on record ...

Post 218

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* The warmth she feels from Kes' embrace reassures her a bit... but it seems the island's winds are slightly cooler...


Time to put it on record ...

Post 219

Kes

Peaceful - when you said - "let the others share the treasure" - you voiced what I was thinking. Let's do that. We'll give them the same choice we have - they can take whatever they want.
Let's face it, gold would be OK for some of them.
Now - my beautiful scientist - start thinking about vectors - angles and lengths - are you ready to help me re-dosciver the treasure chest?


Time to put it on record ...

Post 220

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* PE is very happy that she and Kes have reached an understanding - even the presence of ddgb on the same beach didn't hamper her feelings of joy...

* But she began to remember those dreaded simulpost incidents of the past few days...

* What if it hadn't been a coincidence?

* What if it had been somehow contrived by the folks at the Jetty? She had always trusted them, in a child-like manner... But, what if they had something to do with the rift in the threads of time????

* So she asked Kes about it...


Key: Complain about this post