A Conversation for Escape From Poco Island...

Day 13... so I've been told

Post 541

Lintilla

*quite confused about the stamps but grateful to see the food, she gobbles it down*
Thank you!(one musn't forget their manners even when on an island)

*Reaches into her pocket for the letter her mum wrote her about being good. she does not notice the looks that her companions are giving to the stamp on the corner of the envelope. A stamp she earlier looked at with comtempt due to the fact that the airplane was stamped on to it upsidedown. Te least her mum could do is get her a wellmade stamp!*


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 542

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* A plan. Another plan? He was asking HER to help make a plan???

* Difficult.

* Complex.

* Enough of that.

Well, Kes, I've been walking around the island for days, you know...
looking for you... forget that part...

The only ...there is the temple, you know. Maybe there's something inside that temple! But it's very dangerous in the island now. There are some zombie-like creatures - they seem a little lost. All I can think of now is the temple...

What do you think? * Hopeful Earthling hopes Kes has an idea...


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 543

Kes

That's a nice stamp, dear. You know I collect them, don't you? I've got a nice book that I can keep it in, where it won't get lost, or wet, or anything, and it will have lots of other little staamps to keep it company. You'd like that wouldn't you?
I'll swap you a nice banana for the stamp ... OK?


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 544

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* Little Lintilla seemed unaware that the fight for the Maltese Airplane Stamp was on!


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 545

Kes

*PE was absorbed in talking about the plan; Lintilla is hanging onto the stamp. Kes turns his attention to PE. What did she say - something about a temple?*
Yes - I saw the temple when I cambe back to camp with eatsmice. Didn't see any Zombie things, though. OK so you reckon we should look there?
That is ... "we" ... isn't it? I mean, you got much closer to it than I did - you must know the way. I'm sure Lintilla will be all right here for a couple of hours.
You'll be OK, Lin, won't you? and the stamp? please? Hmm?


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 546

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* Peaceful is getting dizzy! She'd agree to anything Kes said... too much input, too little space to put it in...


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 547

Lintilla

But I need the envelope to keep my letter in, so it won't get dirty!


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 548

Lintilla

Please don't leave me here alone. Where are ox and eatsmice??


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 549

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* through the dismal mist of her stupidity, she remembers something about a boat... deep water...

* she mumbles something quickly, before she forgets what she was 'thinking'... you can call it thinking, if you wish...


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 550

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

Keep the envelope! Kes is being bad, he knows I'll keep that stamp dry, he's always getting wet!!!

I did see ox at the hospital tent. Haven't seen eatsmice for some time - worry about him, sometimes!


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 551

Lintilla

*getting a worried look in her eyes and momentarily forgetting the note and envelope now back in her pocket*

Are there really zombies on the island??!


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 552

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

Yes, but you mustn't worry, child.

They are nice zombies. They never hurt children. They protect children. They don't know how to take care of themselves. They are very well dressed too... Always should say something nice about people -- or zombies...


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 553

Kes

Alright, Lintilla, if you want to come with you, then of course you can. It will be safer if we all stick together.
(Thinks - and I can keep an eye on that stamp)
I haven't seen ox for a while, but eatsmice is around somewhere. I owe him - he was a real good friend to me when I was ill.
What was Peaceful muttering about a boat?
That won't get us up to the temple .... She must know something about some Zombies on the coastline, perhaps?
Peaceful - snap out of it - I know where the boat is - but where do we take it?
Peaceful!!
*She has gone blank. Kes raises a hand to slap her face,... but he can't. As Lintilla tucks into the last banana in camp, and hides the box with the last matches in her pocket, Kes looks into those huge eyes, and thinks about how awful he has been to Peaceful, and how gorgeous she looks, and almost says which half of the album is which, ... but maybe a quick kiss would be better - better at waking her up, of course.


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 554

Lintilla

*oblivious to the tension in the camp and trusting as only a child can*

i would enjoy going on a boat ride. May i look at your pretty stamps kes?


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 555

Peaceful Earthling {Keeper of So Many Stories}

* Yes, too much input had put Peaceful's brain a'swirlin'...
she was dreaming about the stamp and Kansas, and Toto... but ready to go along with Lintilla and Kes.

* Such a shame the anorak had been revamped! He knew how to wear a good anorak!

* Her mind went blanker. She seemed a bit like a zombie herself.


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 556

Kes

Yes - alright - boat ride - OK.
*Peaceful is resting against Kes's shoulder, which is very, very nice, but also distracting*
Lintilla - we're going on a nice boat ride. You know what a paddle looks like? Yes? Good.
Go and look through the pile of driftwood - find me three pieces that look like paddles, and bring them here.
And get that shiny metal thing (He points at the remains of the tripod, left over after the pterodactyl battle).
Go on - I'll wake Peaceful. Go on - get on with it.

Peaceful - come on. We can do this.
*Lintilla is sorting through the wood pile - quite happy.
Kes has an idea about using the boat, but it will be easier to get to the shore if Peaceful can move for herself.
Kes (entirely selflessly, of course) opts to try something resembling mouth to mouth resuscitation on Peaceful - only 'til Lintilla comes back, naturally*


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 557

Lintilla

*wandering back fronm the pile, draging 1 paddle like chunk and the "shiney thing"*

I can't carry any more kes. Could you help me?


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 558

Lintilla

*Suddenly exhaused from the work she approaches peaceful who looks quite out of it still.She turns to kes who had quickly ended the mouth to mouth recesitation effort*
is she sick?
Will i get like that if i dont take my pills?
*she gives a hug to peaceful in a child like attempt to make everything better*


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 559

Kes

*It takes Lintilla only four minutes to find some paddles; the tripod is in plain view.
It will take her only two minutes to drag these items (grumbling) back to the hut.
This is the extent of the elapsed time for the following:*

*Kes forms the view that, although he has limited knowledge, kisses must be like fingerprints.
He would not know whether the lipstick (and Peaceful's is always applied with forethought and care) contributes.
Although he has only two cases to call on, Kes does identify .... well, a difference - an individuality - a uniqueness.
Just as the autopilot is about to kick in, he opens his eyes. Peaceful is staring back at him - fully awake*

Oh - sorry. *He pulls back*

*Peaceful smiles, and thinks that this is quite a pleasant way of preparing her "victim". She resumes contact, but Lintilla pushes between them, saying: "Stop that - you're not real Mummies and Daddies. I want a boat ride!" *


Day 13... so I've been told

Post 560

Kes

*An exchange of ironic smiles, and the moment is over*.

Right. Here's how we do it. Well done with the paddles, Lintilla - they are perfect!
I'll run to the shore with the paddles and tripod, then go and get the boat - I know where it is.
You two bring my anorak, all that food we got ready, the compass, and some fresh water. Wait at the shore. I'll show you what we do next.
*Picks up the items, and races off. Peaceful and Lintilla follow at a more ladylike speed. They wait at the shore, as requested.*


Key: Complain about this post