Announcements

0 Conversations


If you would like to have an Announcement displayed on this page, please note the submission e-mail address for Announcements, at the bottom of the page.

Upcoming and Proposed Meets

East Midlands 2

5 March 2005 is the date for the East Midlands 2 meet. Oddly enough, it will not take place in the East Midlands, but in Burton-on-Trent.

Unofficial Spring Meet 2005

The date for the unofficial Spring Meet 2005 in Blackpool has also been set: 1-4 April 2005.
Spring Meet 2005

Announcements

For those of you not already aware, for the past two years there has been a memorial lecture held at the Royal Institute in London, on Douglas' birthday. There is to be a third lecture in 2005, to be held on 10th March, which is an event you should not miss. This event, which commemorates Douglas' work and wider interests, also directly benefits the wildlife charities of which he was patron.

Further info can be found at A3009142

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While many people still dispute the issue of Global Warming, we can't help but notice that our environment is changing. But how has it affected you? Let us know in our Topic of the Week

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Clubs

Was your New Year resolution to quit smoking? Or are you still thinking about it? Come to The Quitters' Clinic to get and give support, exchange ideas and meet others in the same situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fed up of looking through guilds where no one has posted for years? Well we have the answer, C.H.E.E.S.E.'s promise is that we will be online every day, or you get a free frog to lick!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is Life Boring You? Want to meet new people, visit places unseen, earn a sense of comradeship and eat lots of smiley - ? Join the SMP - the
Socialist Meritocracy Party
, where everyone can become equal without the problems of Communism!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you have difficulties with pirates? Are you unsure of the correct way to badger a badger or clean a polecat? Is your life unfulfilled and void of helpful advice? If the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’ then... Ask Mr. Dreadful, H2G2's one and only Agony Pirate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gardeners' Guild is a new club for all the green-fingered hitchhikers among us. Whether you have acres of land or an apartment balcony, or even just a few potplants dumped on a shelf in your room, feel free to jump aboard. The guild is tenderly nurtured by U891566.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you forming a new club? Why not pop over to the Classified Ads and let us know!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links

The Post Links Page points you towards the best of h2g2. Everything from information and campaigns to eating and drinking venues, virtual lands or clubs.

The Post Archives are a repository for all things Post related. Divided into easy-to-use categories, they get bigger at a frightening pace. Well worth a visit, whether to re-read a favourite article or catch up on something you missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All entries for this feature should be mailed to
Shazz

03.02.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3610487

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more