DNA 03

4 Conversations

The third Douglas Adams Memorial Lecture will take place next year on Thursday 10th March 2005 at The Royal Institute, London1.

As far as we are aware, only two intrepid researchers attended this splendid event in 2004, which seems a terrible shame. The lectures2 are held in memory and honour of our late founder, Douglas Noel Adams, and raise money for the two charities of which he was patron - Save the Rhino and Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.

Last Chance to See

The 2005 event promises to be particularly exciting for those of us who have read and enjoyed the book Last Chance to See. This wonderful book3, which Douglas co-wrote with zoologist Mark Carwardine, looks at the plight of the world's endangered species, focussing on several species in particular. This is the book of which it is often said that Douglas was most proud. The guest speaker for the 2005 lecture is to be Mark Carwardine.

Tickets are not yet on sale for this event, but details will be posted here as soon as they become available, so please subscribe to this page below, if you are interested in attending. Tickets are expected to be available in two price tiers, around £10 and £20 each.

These folks don't want to miss out!

Let's make DNA 03 a really successful event, by turning out a sizeable band of researchers from h2g2. Please sign up below and subscribe to this thread. Further details and ticket information will be posted here as soon as it is available, and further plans will be drawn for a meet up to celebrate the occasion.

1Douglas' birthday is actually 11th March, but the RI is previously booked for that date next year, for another event.2Each year there is a guest speaker of notoriety, and many of Douglas' close friends and family are in attendance.3Also a radio series and CD-ROM.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3009142

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more