Topic of the Week: Global Warming

22 Conversations

The Earth, with a glint of light on the horizon.

While many people still dispute the issue of Global Warming, we can't help but notice that our environment is changing. Flash floods in the middle of summer and the depths of winter have devastated whole communities. The seasons appear to be merging, so that spring starts earlier and autumn lasts longer, yet the extremes also seem to be getting worse year in year out.

But what do you think? It's time to have your say:

  • Have centuries of industrialisation and careless pollution caused a climate shift?

  • Is this just a natural part of the life-cycle of the planet that we haven't predicted?

  • Might it be due to changes in the sun or the Earth's orbit that scientists haven't identified yet?

Whatever your opinion, we invite you to share it with us in this week's Talking Point...


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3572156

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more