A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 621

Titania (gone for lunch)

[]


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 622

Phil

It was good to see lots and lots and lots of stars in the sky last night - middle of Dartmoor, rather than London. the only problem was how cold it was. Not seen any snow yet, but the hoar frost on the cars and ground this morning was quite amazing.

Now after the backlog, sleep...


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 623

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

No stars this weekend smiley - sadface, too cloudy.

Time to go

*flutter of wings - Kasia leave*


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 624

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Loony: plastic Christmas trees do indeed leave about plastic needles, sadly...

l've never had a real live Christmas tree, actually. My mother has a long-standing phobia regarding live ones which predates either my birth or natural memory. Just driving past the local greengrocer/Christmas tree seller this time of year sets her off in a paroxym of under-the-breath dark mutterings...

Glad the pie went over well...shall type it up and get back to all...

CC: l was in a JC/community college (depending on your part of the country), but l finished my term last week, and am not enrolled for the next, as l'm trying to apply to several colleges as a freshman student rather than a transfer, and would have too many credits to do so if l stayed on another semester.
lt can get rather high school like at times, though... smiley - silly
You're at USC, did l remember correctly?

l'm back on precariously at the moment; we've something of a quasi noreaster going on at present. Not as bad as that, but rather windy, and power's been on and off...

ln addition to which in RL today l was chased down by a pack of wild dogs while out riding my horse in the wood. (Not in VR -- not the sort of thing that goes on at Lil's fine establishment...)
lt was quite like a National Geographic nature special... smiley - bruised


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 625

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

Recipe posted at the following spot: http://www.h2g2.com/A493346


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 626

Researcher 99947

not very busy in here


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 627

Odradek (she who lurks, green Lifesaver-like)

To provide you with the highest-quality customer service, your post may be recorded.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 628

Munchkin

[Munchkin of the two day hangover]
Well at least two days of discomfort. This was caused by a party I attended on Saturday night where I was forcibly removed at four in the morning for refusing to stop talking bollocks. It was rather fun, but I am suffering for my art. smiley - smiley
Oh, and The Great Escape is a great hangover film.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 629

Phil

The great escape is just a great film, full-stop.
Still tired though, but only a few days till I stop for this year smiley - smiley


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 630

Munchkin

Grrr *Shakes fist* I have to work until Friday smiley - sadface But then I'm off for two weeks smiley - smiley I felt a week would probably be sufficient for the Hogmanay hangover smiley - biggrin


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 631

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Good (Edinburgh) morning.

We got a real Xmas tree delivered in a box. It's never going to straighten out.....and it's gonna be a needle dropper, too.

Yeah, dead romantic - hoar frost on cars. Took me ten minutes to scrape the outside windows of my VW estate on Sunday morning. And then another five to scrape the inside windows. Then the icicles on the top windscreen seal were melting and dripping on to our knees as we drove.

I guess you could say it was cold...


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 632

Phil

The really deciding factor for me was people pulling lumps of ice from the kayaks before getting in them...


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 633

Afgncaap5

Just turned on the radio and discovered that my school is one of the only places in that hasn't been closed due to snow. Not even a thirty-minute delay.

Oh, well. My live tree hasn't dropped too many needles by now.


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 634

Chris Tonks

*The Professor walks in, though never having actually left...*



Hey there everyone! smiley - cool
I've managed to grab a free computer at schol at last during lunch...smiley - smiley
Can't stay long mind...

IIEM, a smiley - stiffdrink of San Betian Seawater please...smiley - cool


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 635

Chris Tonks

Holy cow!!!!

That was the first time I ever did that!!!

I'm so sorry - that was meant for the other thread on the top of my list!

So sorry, sorry, sorry.....
I don't think you have installed a bell or a IIEM recently have you? smiley - winkeye

*walks off ashamed...ringing a bell behind him...*



smiley - erm


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 636

Munchkin

It better not snow round here. The transport situation has been bad enough and I was kind of hoping to use the West Coast Main Line (Train) when I come back from my holidays, so any more inclement weather and it will probably take me three days to travel. Grr *Further shaking of the fist*


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 637

Phil

Thanking that he's not having to work out how to get from London to Manchester by public transport for the first time cos I've now got a car smiley - smileyVery glad of that this year!


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 638

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Wait till you see the state of the roads, Bud!


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 639

Phil

I have, the shortest journey I've done has been the three miles across town to get my boat. Other than that it's been 200+ miles trip across the country!


26Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 640

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

...and that's just to get to the shed at the bottom of the garden!


Key: Complain about this post