A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2921

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Actually, if anybody says anything consequential, I'm likely to mention it as a continuing topic at the end of the intro. If a discussion starts, at this point. smiley - smiley


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2922

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

This year has been crazy. Traditionally, the month of December has been pretty slow for me. This year, not so much. It's looking like I'm going to be running like mad right up until my vacation, and probably working a little during that.

And that's all the stuff I had to do BEFORE they went and put me in charge....

In happier news, today is the 1st anniversary of my becoming a homeowner.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2923

scrumph

*sneeze* *snuffle* *croak*

I'd advise keeping your distance from me. Blegh.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2924

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

This Christmas is a lean one here in the GDZ household. Since we went to only one income so that I can focus on my studies, the leanness is expected, at least by J and I. I hope that C and A, particularly C, understand the sacrifice we are making this year, and probably next too, will benefit us all in the not to distant future. I had considered talking to our church office about our circumstances but elected not to as our leanness is self-induced and others in the congregation are certainly in more need than we are.

With that said, I am grateful for, and very appreciative of J who is the best wife a guy could have. I am grateful for A and C, who though they can be a pain are two of the greatest joys of my life. I am grateful for a roof over my family's heads, heat to keep us warm, and food in our bellies.

Can you believe I was just going to leave a calling card this post?


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2925

Eatsmice

*Proud*
Chris Evans on Radio 2 here in the UK selected our kids' school to sing "Wherever you are", the song sung by the Army Wives Choir.
The school only has 29 pupils and they recorded the song along with many other schools. It obviously tickled him that this tiny snowbound school in the hills had sent in a recording too.
The kids sang it at their Christmas play tonight and had us all with lumps in our throats.

smiley - cat


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2926

Eatsmice

It'll be worth the sacrifice in the end, GDZ. It's quite a step to take and I'm sure it'll all come good.

smiley - cat


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2927

Sol

I second what eats said, GDZ. Go you and your family!

And congrats to your kids eats! That's fab! When should we listen out?


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2928

Sol

Oh and regarding vitamin D, I was horrified to find that once more the Russian half of the family were, after all, correct that the Brits smother their children too much in sunscreen. Apparently it;s causing vitamin D deficiency. The interesting thing for me is that the Russians are much more tolerant of a bit of a tan, but take measures, such as having playgrounds always with plenty of shade, to prevent burning, whereas when we leave off the sunscreen, it can be hard to stop it because we are so used to relying on it.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2929

Titania (gone for lunch)

Just because I can... smiley - facepalm


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2930

Runescribe

I get to see Coffee tomorrow! smiley - somersault

I haven't seen them in a month. I have that Christmas Eve feeling where you know you should sleep so tomorrow will come sooner, but you don't want to because the anticipation is so nice.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2931

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Just completed taking notes. We move on tomorrow at around 1600 hours GMT. Get your running shoes on. And your reading glasses. This has been a very long and varied conversation.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2932

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I'll wear mine to bed!


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2933

Santragenius V

*starts looking for shoelaces*


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2934

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - whistle

IIEM, a Mog's special to go please - and make it strong this time!


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2935

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*does time calculation*

Ah, a new thread just as Tom takes the internet away for the day... *doesn't bother with the shoes*


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2936

Dizzy H. Muffin

And I'll still be asleep when it happens. Probably. Maybe.

Today was the first day it *hadn't* been sunny in a few days. T'was rainy, so I stayed indoors.

On another note, I need to keep better track of when groceries are running low so I don't forget ... smiley - erm

And smiley - facepalm is an incredibly useful smiley, and I'm surprised more fora don't have it.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2937

Eatsmice

They were on yesterday morning Sol. The school got loads of phone calls from complete strangers, complementing the kids. Lots of people moved to tears.
The school was a bit overwhelmed by it all.

-6C this morning but going to be a beautiful day again.

smiley - cat *running shoes at the ready*


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2938

Santragenius V

Given that I normally do time zones in my head sort of like adding two and two, I realised that I *have* worked a tad too much this week... I'm still sort of stuck at when Lil posted that, so that I can figure out what the proper "tomorrow" is... smiley - erm

*nevertheless, puts shoelaces in shoes*


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2939

Titania (gone for lunch)

Heard an odd noise on my way to w*rk today, and it turned out to be March cats - in December. I know it's unusually warm for this time of the year, but really!


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2940

Phil

I'll have to try and listen to that this morning Eats smiley - biggrin

Once more dull and dreary for me this morning. An attempt at snowing but it isn't trying particularly hard.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more