A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2861

Bluebottle

I agree - a smiley would have so many uses!
Perhaps if we're all very good this year we could get one next year?
*Puts v/_\3 on for everyone to be good*

<BB<


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2862

Titania (gone for lunch)

Can we have a pink one? I'm thinking something along the Hello Kitty 'pimp my chainsaw' one smiley - evilgrin


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2863

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Morning all.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2864

Hypatia

Congratulations Irv. smiley - bubbly

Love the baby sloths. So sweet.

It has warmed back up here but is still gray and drizzly. I'm hhoping it stays warm enough for me to get some winter chores done in the veg patch this weekend.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2865

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Foggy morning with intermittent showers. The fog makes a valley sandwich.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2866

Runescribe

[Runes]


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2867

Titania (gone for lunch)

What a storm - and pouring down with rain! Turned my umbrella inside out more than once, good thing it's a rather durable one despite being one of those smole, foldable, lightweight ones.

For anyone who feels they haven't enough room in their home for bookcases (oh, the horror!) there's this really cool wallpaper. Site only available in Swedish, sorry, but you can 'grab' the picture and slite it sideways:

http://mrperswall.se/customize/EJRV2


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2868

Eatsmice

Pink chainsaw smiley smiley - yikes

Can only be orange.

Paddy says to Murphy, "ere, Murph, how do you spell orange?"

Murphy thinks for a moment and says, "D'you mean the colour, or the fruit?"

Well done Irv. Hoping you don't suffer any friction. Just shout "Yah, boo, sucks" if there is!!!!

smiley - cat


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2869

Santragenius V

[SG V - for once utterly buried in w**k, hoping to surface by the end of the week]


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2870

marvthegrate LtG KEA

One would think that if you live in a place that has snow every year, that you could deal with a very light dusting of snow without causing traffic backups. The commute today was a bit of a pain. I can't wait till we move to our new office, where I will have a 3.3 mile commute. The shortest in my professional career.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2871

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I too find it odd that people in Utah forget, every year, how to drive in the snow.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2872

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

What a dreary day it's been! The most exciting thing my cats have found to do is wake up, think of another place they might like to sleep, go to that place and curl up again.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2873

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

That sounds like the day our cats have had. They will wait until J and I are about to fall asleep before deciding to play and frolic.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2874

Witty Moniker

[WM]


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2875

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - tongueout
SaccharinSloth OVERLOAD! AAAaaarrrgh!
smiley - laugh
No, really, that's totally cool. My daughter, Y---, after viewing it over my shoulder and over my chuckles, immediately posted to BookFace with her phone for Santa to bring her a box of Lucky Charms and a baby sloth. And it seems to be okay with her if he's remiss on the box of cereal, as long as she gets a baby sloth.
smiley - rolleyes
I have 2legs to blame for this...
smiley - rofl
Gosh...Oh, this has been a huge long backlog to read, but worth every LED of the trek.
smiley - footprintssmiley - footprints
Sucks to be Irv. Well, not really, what with a promotion and all, but the awkward silence likely from the coworker. I'll believe ~with~ you that it all works out for the best. Congratulations on the promotion!
smiley - applause
Good to see Milla's little girl making herself at home here. I was trying to talk Y--- into signing up, now that we're sans-BBC, but she let me know she's got BookFace as her mainstay, plus another blog site. >sigh< No smiley from me over this one. Maybe someday...
smiley - zen
Agapanthus' celebration of the holiday season(ing) with her Prawnativithai diorama/dinner caused chuckles all around. Should have gotten Jimmy Buffet to do the soundtrack, perhaps, "White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean."
smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote
From cold to miserable, drippy, wet weather. Just like in the UK, we don't actually have a climate.
"Whether the weather be cold,
or whether the weather be hot,
we'll weather the weather,
not matter the weather,
whether we like it or not."
smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote
B4ifindsomeothermundanething2sharewithyouall


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2876

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - prof

IIEM, a Mog's special please - and make it strong this time!


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2877

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I reckon we'll move to a new conversation on Friday.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2878

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Night all.


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2879

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

http://notalwaysright.com/a-sign-youve-gone-overboard-drinking/15368?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NotAlwaysRight+%28Not+Always+Right%29

rofl>

Ya think?


106Xth Conversation Chez Lil

Post 2880

Santragenius V

>The most exciting thing my cats have found to do is wake up, think of another place they might like to sleep, go to that place and curl up again.
That so had me in smiley - envy And for the umpteenth time made me wish that in my next life, I will be a cat in a good household!

Had the "Big Father Talk" with N yesterday (not that it was long). Really prompted by the scouting weekend where, when nothing else was going on, he and the patrol leader of our girls-only patrol (we usually mix but we have more girls than boys at the moment) were sort of one creature with four legs... (public display of affection more than would be allowed on some US high schools - but don't worry, it was still within good taste)

So, I basically told him -

congratulations with the sweetheart (didn't say - but she's a scout so obviously is a better catch than most smiley - winkeye)

kudos for being cool enough to show what they had going even if I was around

feel free to invite her over for dinner any time

there is this things with flowers and bees. Make sure you don't rush things, use your brains, be careful with each other and never hesitate to ask. And if or when it goes that far, use comdoms.

He cracked some pretty embarrassed smiles but I do believe he both got the messages and were quite ok with it.

Gee, they're getting big, the kids...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more