A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

Sol

[Sol]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

You heard right SC, fresh Dr. D! Here's a link you might find useful.

http://www.sandiegoradionews.com/0200.htm


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

Coniraya

Z, we call that cactus 'brain cactus', self explainatory really.

Cassie has done a Houdini again and got her collar off. This time I can't find it in the house, I am hoping it's in the garden. The ID discs don't cost a lot, but I might as well ask for a regular order every couple of months. The loss of the tinkly bell is the most irritating thing though. It's quite hard to find one that makes a proper noise that might work in some way as a warning to wildlife. However, like mosts cats, she is pergectly capable of running in stealth mode so that the bell doesn't tinkle or even kknock agaisnt the ID disc.

Think I might book myself a manicure this week, only ever had two in my life.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

[mr]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

[Mr. D smiley - pirate] I have a stinking cold but I'm at w**k.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Santragenius V

Still hanging around in 7BXth... smiley - erm

>I'll be there at around 4:30, drinks start at 4:31
Courtesy - that's a classic that will make it into my list of ready sentences as of this moment smiley - oksmiley - rofl

>What is the secret for making Mondays easy??
Me too, me too would like to know... smiley - grovel
(from one who is just trying to procrastinate his way out of a Monday morning... smiley - erm)

>*Chloe flashes a bright chartreuse as she passes Amy on her way to deliver fresh towels to the loos*
Lil, I don't know if I'm entirely happy with Chloe flashing here and there - could you explain her a bit about behaviour? smiley - tongueoutsmiley - winkeye

Phew - finally ready to start tackling 7CXth. What's happening to my online life?......

Well scribed (smiley - applause loud enough to reach Hawaii). Also, Lil, I must confess to enjoying the award ceremonial writing smiley - oksmiley - smiley

>ready to resume the longest civilized conversation anywhere on h2g2
smiley - wowAnd isn't it a blessing!?

Z, Hati is presumably rather good at cacti if you need more input ...

Caer - as a warning to wildlife? Oh, I probably shouldn't ask - last time the kids and I watched Marvin the smiley - cat chase a mouse, the kids cheered - - - for the cat!

smiley - footprints, feet dragging, to have a sceptical look at some w**k.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

Phil

Morning all. Seems like I missed the start of this thread back there over the weekend. Me and MC spent it in the garden doing stuff - potting on loads of plants, making jam (rhubarb and ginger). That and going out for a very nice meal on saturday evening.
Only one Dr Who behind now. Must try and catch up this week as we're away next weekend for music, dancing and beer in Leicester with the Oysterband and friends, should be good.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

Rosemary {[(2+2+2)^2]+4+2=42}

[smiley - rose] will try and catch up with backlog later.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

So at 5 this evening, the BF finally calls (he was supposed to take me to lunch for my birthday), says he's on his way home. Calls at 6, says he's home, getting in the shower, call him back. I call him back. I get his voice mail. He never calls back.

Meanwhile, C shows up at my house with a cake, and the demand that we go out to dinner with Ing. We go. Still no call from BF. Now almost 3 a.m., I'm up grading. I call BF twice, no answer.

I'm thinking he's not my BF anymore, eh?

On a good note, C and Ing and D and I had a fabulous time at dinner. And C and Ing got me a gift certificate to Macy's, of all places, so I can get a pair of jeans that is outrageously expensive, but makes every bit of my short stubby peasant legs look long and lean and perfect.

I love my friends.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Mrs Zen

Cheap tops and expensive trousers - the only way for gals with an hour glass go to, MR. Enjoy your gift certificate!

Had a very nice Young Man called Henry round to talk about renting out the property. The numbers are roughtly what I expected, but I'll need a new kitchen. Not a surprise, but... it's all money. smiley - erm

Loads more of them trailing through this week, it's a case of getting the info and making the decision.

Still no confirmation that I've actually got the job, either.

Ben


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

Eatsmice.

*now on antibiotics that would cure a dead horse smiley - injured *

Ben, still not sure about the new Doctor Who, the special effects are good in one scene then almost Blue Peter'ish the next. I watched some of the Confidential afterwards and appreciate the work that goes into it, but it just didn't trigger that "Oh wow!" feeling.

Grounded smiley - sadface so missing out on Dutch airshow this week. It does mean more time with the mini-eats though smiley - ok

smiley - cat


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

J'au-æmne

Afternoon all smiley - smiley I was doing some processor intensive things on my 'puter over the weekend so I missed the new thread start, but nevermind...

The robins nesting in our garage fledged on Friday. Its a little lonely in there without them. Mum and Dad robin are very visible in the garden still, though, so I think the fledglings may still be nearby...

Anyone who's bored and interested in improving their knowlege of US/Europe geography should check out the games on this site: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/web_games.htm I've improved my average error in placing US states from 131 miles sometime last week to 28 miles this week... Europe I'm not so good at yet.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*David wanders in looking all of a dither*

Where did that new thread appear from? I don't know, you go off for the weekend, and suddenly the conversation has moved on and you're in danger of receiving the cattle prod...

With regard to Doctor Who, I watched it when I got back last night, and I was in the smiley - wow and smiley - somersault category. The concept of the episode was so silly, but it worked really well and the ending was smiley - cool, even though we'd already seen it in the trailer last week. No spoilers from me, except that fans of John Barrowman have much cause for smiley - bigeyes and hot flushes! smiley - blush

I was at a wedding over the weekend, which was lovely. From my group of university friends, everyone is now either married or resolutely single. The reception was in an incredibly posh hotel, so I felt like an interloper - I expected to be thrown out at any minute!

Ag, the Tempest is my very favourite Shakespeare play - I'd love to play Prospero one day (I wouldn't have the courage to play Caliban, even though it's a better part IMO), though Miranda is one of the kost irritating female characters in literature. I'm hoping to go up to the Globe with some friends later this summer, and am also seeing two outdoor Shakespeare performances in the Canterbury area. The Bard is something that you simply can't have enough of!

David


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

We need a scribe!

Teleconference in half an hour and I'm cat-sitting again, and what a cool morning it is, and I'm a bit floaty from anti-allergy meds. I had to do something about my itching scummy eyes.

eatsmice, sorry you have to miss the airshow, but look after that hand! You only have the two.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Hypatia

smiley - hug eatsmice.

>What is the secret for making Mondays easy??

Just take every Monday off like I do, silly. smiley - evilgrin Now, what is the secret for making Tuesdays easy?

I have to take Mother to her GP this morning. Just routine. Nothing to worry about. I should have the afternoon to lay out another raised bed. I spend yesterday weeding and mulching the strawberries.

I like the lichen idea, Teuchter. I have an African violet in a pot that has moss or something growing on it. It looks nice, actually.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Mondays don't mean much when you work every day. Actually mondays are only bad because sales teams don't work weekends like TAC does and they like to yell at people on the first day of their week.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

Kat - From H2G2

[Kat] -- wipes muddy boots in the hallway to make sure everyone knows she's here before curling up on a pile of coats conveniently flung in a heap for anyone venturing into the garden


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*hangs up from her conference call and heads for the samovar*

*takes a bite out of a cinnamon bun and is immediately interrupted two times by the phone*


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have been in an argument all day with someone who is trying to steal one of my pieces of lab kit. They *will* not take my FWSM away. It was wrongfully stolen from my lab by someone not entitled to it. I stole it back.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more