A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 101

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

You hang on to it Marv! smiley - evilgrin

Anybody else (in the US at least) notice that some ads are using each other's music? I think I first noticed this about a month ago, when Vonage and some car company suddenly began using the same rock tune. Vonage got there first, kept the music, and the car company changed their music and then pulled the ad.

Now there's a piece of jazzy music that my brain has learned to associate with Jaguar, but the other night it popped up in association with... something else. Coud this be the end of the big rock rip-off? Have they really run out of tunes to steal?


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 102

FG

Jaguar was using Etta James' version of "At Last" for several years, and now I think either some cell phone company or a brokerage house is using it. I don't know, some business that people get really passionate about the products.

Well, I didn't get the job. smiley - sadface A friend in the city's human resources office confided to me I was the second choice. The only reason I wasn't chosen was that the first candidate had extensive experience in one area I have absolutely nada, nilch, zippo. I'm unlikely to get that experience in my current position. I don't take board minutes. Maybe I should volunteer as a secretary for some charitable organization and get that skill under my belt.

::wanders off in search of liquid anesthetic smiley - redwine::


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 103

FG

And now I'm getting two cold sores on my upper lip. smiley - blue

Woe is me.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 104

Agapanthus

Hang on, did MR just say it was her birthday? In which case bells whistles smiley - bubbly and of socks embroidered with tiny little plague rats.

FG - Lots of sympathy and I sigh deeply with you.

*does silent nodding agreeing thing with David B over characters of Prospero, Caliban and Miranda*


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 105

Courtesy38


off to backlog


Courtesy


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 106

Mrs Zen

Oh, FG, that is a shame smiley - hug - but a good approach to filling the gap in your skills - smiley - ok

smiley - gift for MR.

I am worn out having seen two smiley - sharks today and having spoken to two mortgage advisers. My brain is full of numbers! Still, by the end of the week all sorts of things should be clearer.

Ben


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 107

SE

i've always wanted to take a shorthand course, but i of course am a dweeb.

a lot of commercials (at least 3, and i think jaguar is one of them) have been using a piece from Kill Bill


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 108

Courtesy38

Happy Bday MR.

Yesterday morning I got a refresher course in Southern California survival skills. I went to bed at about 5 am on Sunday. At approx 8:30 am, felt the P wave of an earthquake. Out of bed and in the doorway before I even realised that it was an earthquake. Just a 5.5 with minimal shaking so back to bed.

Courtesy


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 109

FG

As a child I was fascinated by my mother's Gregg shorthand textbooks from college. I used to practice gibberishy shorthand on any scrap of paper I could find. I was trying to use it as a secret code for whatever secret squirrel activities I was involved in.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 110

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Been a long time since I sensed an Earthquake, and I don't know that I would recognize one if it was to happen. Not that it is likely at all considering I live in flatland now...


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 111

Z

FG: commerisations.. if you're sure that's what you want to do then volenteering for a chairity could be a good way of getting it..


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 112

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 113

Santragenius V

Hmmm, only got 40 out of 44 on the relatively advanced Europe geography (well, it said 37, but 3 were due to very bad mouse pad handling on the laptop - yeah, yeah, they all say that smiley - winkeye)...

And I did discover, I have my New England states badly mixed up smiley - blush - ran away and did the Europe one.

I do mix up some of the newer East European ones...

I leave you all a good evening...


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 114

Eatsmice.

smiley - cheers to MR, 21 again?

*counting down to the Jacko verdict*

smiley - cat


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 115

Witty Moniker

Happy birthday, MR! smiley - gift

FG, I am secretary for two non-profits. I'll turn one over to you, if you like. Do you want the Home & School Association or the School Foundation? smiley - winkeye If you need financial experience, I can give you my Homeowner's Association Treasurer position, too.

I started the real job today. Can't wait for that first paycheck.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 116

SE

[0ÂșO, will most likely hear verdict on drive home]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 117

Hypatia

Guess I should go in and turn on CNN.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 118

Hypatia

Sorry about the job FG. smiley - hug


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 119

marvthegrate LtG KEA

That would be something interesting if I cared about the verdict. Justice is not possible in these high profile cases. The media distorts things so much that it hardly matters what those twelve people say.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 120

Hypatia

Happy B'day, MR. smiley - cheers

And good luck with the new job, WM.


Key: Complain about this post