A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 121

Teuchter

Happy Birthday MR smiley - bubbly

*hands over smiley - gift of Table-top Grading Machine - with built-in Plagiary Sensors. If you reverse its polarity, it doubles as an Errant BF detector.

*hands over much nicer smiley - gift which is a box containing four spare hours, to be used just as you please.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 122

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Happy Birthday MR, here is a bottle of Young's Double Chocolate Stout.
Good luck on the job Witty.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 123

FG

I will take whatever position does not have a smellfungus component, Witty. smiley - winkeye


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 124

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 125

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Shorthand?? How quaint. Don't they tape meetings and letters, or is someone on a power trip? Anyway, commiserations and patience.

I'm groggy. I was pretty much OK this morning, but by the time I was driving home I was starting to yawn, and I wasn't good for anything this afternoon. I need me a one of them non-drowsy pills.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 126

Mrs Zen

Evening everyone.

Ben


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 127

Bagpuss

I did quite well at placing the states. 21 mile average error. Mind you, I did the version where the states you've placed stay on, so it gets a bit like a jigsaw. I wouldn't have had a clue where to put Vermont, say, if it hadn't been obvious from the shapes left.

Happy birthday, MR!


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 128

Eatsmice.

Well I guess the big winner in the case was the defence lawyer.

Here comes the new house, new car and free tickets to Neverland for his kids.

smiley - cat


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 129

Courtesy38

Once again a guilty celebrity gets acquited. When will juries learn that a celebrity can do bad things also.

Courtesy


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 130

Z

smiley - yikes

I wonder if you'd let your kids stay at Neverland - even if you were Jackson's defense lawyer.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 131

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Jackson has been Simpsonized. He's ruined.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 132

Mrs Zen

Well it seemed to me that though he was almost certainly guilty of - ah - category errors and - um - a revisionist approach to his recent history, that the case really was not credibly proven. If the case wasn't proven, it wasn't proven. The prosecution witnesses were almost as flaky as he is.

Ben


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 133

Eatsmice.

Can he now sue for defamation of character? Mind you, the accusers don't have a bean to rub together (apart from all the incoming media money).

Personally, I reckon he's a sad-case that would give an analyst work for years, surrounded by a poor excuse for a family, scheming advisers and maladjusted sycophants.

Cynical smiley - cat


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 134

STRANGELYSTRANGE

.....can't believe he got away with it....one of the interviewed jurors said no mother in her right mind would let her child sleep with a middle aged man.....but she let him off..the mind boggles!
.....the jury were shown 2 books of pictures of naked boys found in his bedside cabinet.... a middle aged man sleeping with kids....none of this is normal behaviour.

.....a reporter asked the leader of the prosecution if a child molester had escaped justice, he refused to comment....I know what I think!


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 135

Mrs Zen

>> a reporter asked the leader of the prosecution if a child molester had escaped justice, he refused to comment....I know what I think!

I think that a highly skilled American lawyer understands the libel laws as they relate to someone who has been judged not guilty in a trial by jury.

Ben


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 136

STRANGELYSTRANGE

......there are times when a no comment speaks volumes.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 137

Mrs Zen

Yes. And there are times when 'no comment' is the only legal option.

If he said 'no' the prosecuter was saying that his entire case was a cynical attack on an innocent man, if he said 'yes' then Jackson could sue him to hell and back for libel.

The prosecutor had no other option than to say 'no comment'.

Oh, and welcome to the Atelier, Strangely Strange, I know I've seen you elsewhere on the site, but I am not 100% sure I've seen you here before.

Ben


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 138

FG

::does the tiptoe legalese dance::

The sad thing is this might prevent other victims from coming forward in the future. They will assume a similar verdict will happen. That is, if there's a possibility of illegal acts being committed. Ahem.


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 139

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I think Strangely's been here before. But ducking in and out, as opposed to being here, bar the lurking. smiley - smiley


7CXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 140

STRANGELYSTRANGE

......actually, I am not new to Lil's, mostly just lurk.

.....of one thing you can be certain though, I wouldn't let any child of mine anywhere near neverland , never mind in Jacksons bed....all this ''innocent love'' rubbish he comes out with is exactly the same excuse the kiddy abusers on BBC documentary last year, were coming out with.


Key: Complain about this post