A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Should be a way to be recompensed, though its not really fair on the parents, even if they are responsible for bringing the 'twerps' into the world....the law is a total ass at time..like Kelli many years ago had my car broken into they caught the guy...with some of the tapes(yeah cds not around then) but not the radio cassette, fined ordered him to pay £100.00 as recompense, waited and waited for it, finally contacted the court told had been written of as he couldn't pay.

Don't remember ever giving a letter of resignation always given it verbally, though short and sweet is normally best, and if you can use sarcasm rather than call them out and out salad preparation experts (starts with t ends with s with a few os and rs betweeen)
all the better..

do remember once though a future employer phoned up at certain hotel where I had been working, and the phone was answered by my best mate who was just another waiter at the time...needles to say got a glowing reference and the job...

bald bloke was on the first page as knew would not be about for 42, still wondering if was me or lentilla? closest to new led think was about 60 out depending on number of visitors Lill wanted to gain 'vol au vent' fillings from..


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

There is a solution to TWOCers. Remove their technicals, it always seems to be males, and it would only need to happen once or twice a year for the message to get around. Simple, eh?


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

smiley - grr

Bloody incompetent fools! We are, as some of you may know, trying to sell my MiL's house. We have spoken to the Housing Association on several occasions and written more than a few letters in the past three months since her passing. We have sent in a copy of the Death Certificate. Today we receive a letter from them requiring 'instruction from [MiL] to proceed with the sale' WTF???

I spoke to the person dealing with it, she seemed genuinely shocked that she did not know she had died, although looking through the 'notes' she did notice that they had been informed on more than one occasion of her passing.

A could not speak to them, he'd have just lost it.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Tod, your photo signature is a great idea, and I will check it out regularly!

Ben, sorry about the car. I've never had that experience, thank bob, and don't expect to here in Lincoln.

Who's going to scribe? I would do it myself, but real life is about to go critical on me, and then pageant weekend will be taking place in less than 3 weeks -- we're expecting about 4000 visitors in August.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Sol

[Sol]


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

FG

The one auto accident I was in I was lucky--well, in a certain sense. The young lady was driving her daddy's car, so daddy had the money to pay up.

In other car news, last night I was driving home from work, doing 60
mph on the Interstate. As I was exiting it, I glanced in my rearview mirror. The driver behind me was doing the same. But instead of slowing down, he sped up until he was less than a foot from my bumper. I slowed down, he was still there, I slowed down, he was still there--this time gesturing wildly--and we kept this up until I had him crawling down the offramp at 10 mph.

When we got to the bottom he yelled, "You were breaking all the rules back there!" I replied, "If you drive like an @ssh0le, you're going to get treated like an @ssh0le!" He then informed me *I* was the orifice in question, at which point I let him know, with my middle finger, he was number one in my heart.

You tailgate me, you'd better be prepared. I'm going to make sure you get a nice, long look at the surrounding scenery.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

Witty Moniker

I've changed my strategy when confronted with idiots like that. When they think I've done something to offend them and they start gesturing and/or yelling, I just smile and wave like they are an old friend. It infuriates them beyond belief! smiley - evilgrin


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

smiley - silly

I know it's not fair to have three belly laughs in half an hour but...

1) Fellow worker (whom I really rather dislike) has (one hour ago) rammed another car while turning out of school (sorry other driver). The number of times she has just pulled out in front of other staff members (and a huge frelling truck) in the last two years and claims *we* got *her* on her blind side smiley - roflsmiley - rofl Poetic justice.

2) Went to the pet shop, needed some food for the rodents and birds. In the window was a sign offering a parrot stand, on castors it went on to say shsmiley - bleepte and...(well, tell it like it is, why don't you? smiley - roflsmiley - rofl)

3) Listening to local radio {Allen Beswick on Radio Manchester -all british hootooers will be able to listen to it on Listen again - It was about one and three quarter hours into the programme} a talk show - no music - except today when he played 'Nasty Allen Beswick' by Dave Dutton. smiley - roflsmiley - rofl

It really shouldn't be allowed smiley - silly

Apologies for the clumsy punctuation smiley - erm


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Eep, while I was posting there were more car stories!

smiley - applause FG, we do the very same thing. Infuriates the frell out of the tailgater! smiley - laugh


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

FG

I'll add that to my repertoire, Witty. For each hand gesture, I'll smile, wave and tap the brake pedal some more. smiley - evilgrin


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

Gw7en (V 2.0)

[G7]


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

SE

[ ]*



*is surprised that someone else is playing the exact two "games" as he - namely okami and the wii fit


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I'm a big fan of tapping the brake for tailgaters. A big fan. Around here, there seems to be a favorite game, by the name of "Who Can Make it to the Next Red Light First".

And my car is, though I love it, a bit old, and if that mercedes wants to hit me, well go right ahead. I have good insurance, and you have better. Really, is it worth it?

I've (knock on wood) only been in one accident in SoCal. A woman with 5 people in her small truck backed into me. She swore at me, up and down, etc., and the cop looked at her, looked at me, couldn't decide who was telling the truth, and asked D (who was all of 7 at the time) what she saw. She told him, and he believed her. Guess who's fault it was? Not mine!


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

On the subject of rear-ending.

Hubby's with Motobility so we get a new car every three years. The last one was hit *three* times in the back end (not our fault) and three weeks before we due to pick up the new one some divot parked next to us rammed into us while trying to get out of his space, not once or twice, but *three* times.

We've left the target with the old one smiley - evilgrin


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Actually, just reading my last post, the Law of Threes seems to have been at work smiley - witch


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

Mrs Zen

Is it wrong of me to be amused by the fact the kids were having fun and slightly impressed by their bare-faced cheek?

It is, isn't it. smiley - erm

It's not softness, it's just lack of passion. I can't be bothered to be angry: no-one was hurt. The real harm is more diffuse, and certainly my neighbour was really distressed because her car was also written off, and I should be angry on her behalf, but I find it hard to wish harm on anyone other than world leaders whose names begin with B. On the other hand it would have been convenient for all concerned if one of the TWOCers had sprained an ankle. I did get a call from the Polis asking if I'd recognise them again, but I really wouldn't. My memory for faces is poor, and it would apparently be two weeks before they could arrange for me to see the one they've got information about.

The insurance companies are being a pain the proverbial, and I'm having to take a taxi in to work at the moment to attend a Course, though from Friday onwards I can camp out in another office and go there by train.

I think token stuff, like the "compensation" for Kelli and LTP just teaches them that they can get away with it.

Tailgaters upset me though. My way of pissing them off is to drive at one mile below the speed limit. It's the way I drive normally, but it really annoys them for some reason. smiley - whistle. I don't break or slow down, because I don't have the acceleration to whizz away from them. I think I've been rear-ended once too often to take them insouciantly.

Anyway, I'm going to do a bit of online research (levels of car tax, insurance bands, stuff like that) and then I'm off for an early night. I almost fell asleep at work today.

Cheers all

Ben


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

Santragenius V

Lots of backlog, a new shiny thread - and Ben?? smiley - biggrin Bummer about the car, though.

*looks at rapidly jotted notes*

Good scribing, d'E! Glad the time rift worked for you to make it easier smiley - winkeye

Congrats to Bagpuss on the job and little miss nicky on the teachership

Kerr?? smiley - biggrin once more!

I did say congrats on Ilya before, I hope... otherwise here it is smiley - bubbly

Back from Russia all though St Petersburg airport security made it very hard to get out of there. More on that tomorrow or so.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

Irving Washington

Thanks, MR! Sounds like a plan.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

Bagpuss

Well Ben, I wouldn't want a magistrate to take that attitude with those before him or her, but since there's nothing to achieve by taking a stronger line you're probably being wise. Better for your blood pressure anyway.

SE - well I'm not playing Wii Fit that much.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more