A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 121

Phil

[p] awaiting a courier who should have a replacement for my unworking mobile phone at some point this morning.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 122

Phil

The replacement phone seems to be working ok, now just to set it all up again as to how I like it.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 123

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Well don't go through the entire lot of ringtones trying to find one you like while sitting in an open plan office, like some smiley - bleep did here last week. I think it is actually ok to murder a cow-irker in those circumstances...


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 124

Phil

I know what ringtone to set the phone to - it's the theme from Bagpuss and it's one of the first things I set. Now it's setting up bookmarks in the browser. Guess what the first one is smiley - smiley and yes I'm typing this on the phone. It's not easy typing on a little numeric keypad!


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 125

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I have zero experience with Suzuki's, but the way you describe it makes it sound like a good option. Not much help, I know.
smiley - dog


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 126

Hypatia

I have a meeting today out of town that is shaping up to be a total waste of time. smiley - sigh Better get around. I'm meeting the director from another library at 8:30 and we're driving over for it together. At least I'll have company for the trip.

I have no first hand knowledge of the car, Ben. I've never had any car not American made. Hummmmm. Probably the only person on the planet who can say that. smiley - silly


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 127

Witty Moniker

I am please to report that I have joined the rest of the civilized world and installed iTunes on my computer. And I cleaned up my contact list. And my bookmarks.

Why, you may ask? I'm gettin' me one of those new-fangled iPhones. smiley - biggrin I made the switch from a separate pda and phone to a flip style smartphone a couple of years ago. Having been spoiled by the Palm touch screen interface, I've never wanted a qwerty keyboard on my phone. I am not really happy with the compromise and I think the iPhone will be a better solution for me.

Another advantage... since we haven't split up the CDs yet, at least I have a copy of everything on the computer. And he will have to pry the Jimmy Buffet CDs out of my cold dead hands. smiley - silly


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 128

FG

Ah, when Parrotheads divorce... smiley - winkeye

I don't know the Alto, Ben, but it sounds like you have a good deal there. Have you taken it to your mechanic to be checked out? Do you guys have the equivalent of Carfax http://www.carfax.com, where you can research a vehicle's history?


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 129

FG

Just ignore that comma after the URL, in case you want to visit that site.

::mumbles to herself about cases where punctuation is *not* necessary::


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 130

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

For the third week in a row, for the third day in a row of those said weeks, I have been awakened by fauna grooming before 8 a.m. I've had it. On a campus that covers some 12 miles of lawn, they can't figure out that perhaps leafblowing at 7:30 in the morning directly under people's windows is a bit rude? I emailed the grounds' folk immediate supervisor, and if I don't get a response there, I'll work my way up the chain. I had this problem last summer, too, and am bound and determined to make it stop.

And frankly, I'm bitchy enough from being woken up so often that I'm not above yelling.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 131

SE

i could totally sleep through that. in fact, i do. yesterday there was much mowing of fields being done, right next to my home and i just snooozed on through.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 132

nicki

Has anyone else got as much rain as we appear to have? So much for summer!

No experience of cars im afraid.

Let me know what you think of the iphone. I have an ipod and it was the best purchase ive ever made though I do find itunes a little annoying. However it is good that it just syncs to my ipod. Have been considering a iphone for a while to save carrying 2 things around but was wondering how often I would have to charge it.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 133

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I charge mine about every third day or so depending on how much I use it. The new iPhone should have better battery life as well. I am going to get it as soon as I can, but won't be able to get it on friday as I will be out of town.


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 134

Witty Moniker

The tech specs are:

Talk time:
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 10 hours on 2G

Standby time: Up to 300 hours

Internet use:
Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 6 hours on Wi-Fi

Video playback: Up to 7 hours
Audio playback: Up to 24 hours


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 135

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Witty, I've recently removed iTunes from my PC, so we appear to have balanced things out for Apple. I found the application to be very greedy in terms of system resources, and when I finally invested in an mp3 player it wasn't an iPod.

I find that it synchs perfectly happily using Windows Media Player (I'm sorry, Microsoft haters!) and I'm doing my downloading using emusic, which carries more of my sort of music, is simpler to use and is DRM free. They carry many independent labels, but not Sony or Warners or other really big ones, which can be a pain sometimes, but I'm quite happy.

Having said all that, the iPhone does look very cool!


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 136

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

SE, I could sleep thru mowing. It's the leafblower starting and stopping with no set rythym that's getting to me!


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 137

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 138

Mrs Zen

Well, the car is very tiny and very tinny. If it was the next size up I'd have got my card out and done the deal, but I think it's just a tad too small for me.

I love my iPod (a tiny, tinny shuffle) but I only use iTunes for podcasts.

Had great fun on a training course today, learning how to do Lean processes. It involved punching holes in pieces of paper. I actually had hysterical giggles at one point, and had to concentrate on not making whooping noises and hyperventilating.

smiley - biggrin

Ben


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 139

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It's our fourth rainy day in a row. Two inches since yesterday. smiley - smiley


93Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 140

Irving Washington

Witty, I'll be making an iPhone purchase as well. It will really be my first mobile phone. I just found out last night that there's no 3G service in Flagstaff, but since the battery lasts longer in 2G, I'm not sure that's a disadvantage smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post