A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 181

Teuchter

Your garden sounds wonderful Hypatia. Sounds like you'll be pretty self-sufficient in fruit and veg. Mr T is very keen on growing edibles and is making his new potager as I write. My department is the more decorative stuff and I'm clearing back last year's detritus and moving plants around too. I've had to come in for a breather because my arm's sore. Later on, I plan to give my hostas their annual pampering. Mine are all in pots - 43 of them - I'm a bit keen on hostas smiley - blush.
It's dry here - so far - and quite warm with the sun on your back.

Lil - can I offer to scribe a future conversation? Sorry I can't take this one on at the moment - I tend to be away from the pc for several days at a time and find the backlog quite difficult to stay up to date with. I'm planning to cut my work hours so may be of some use to you in the future.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 182

Coniraya

You can have a transponder chip attached to your shoe laces :

http://www.orange.co.uk/marathon/

The slugs love my hostas, I have tried every method available and the only thing that treally works is the pellets. Last year I tried: smiley - coffee grounds, which didn't deter the slugs but H enjoyed all the freshly brewed smiley - coffee; a slug pub which stank even though it had a removable liner which I did at regular intervals and finally went back to smiley - holly leaves with which I had a limited success a few years ago. I don't like using slug pellets because of Cassie and also the thrushes.

Off out to paint a couple of fence panels before it rains.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 183

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*puts a claw in the air*

I'll scribe. It's only fair we all take a turn.

I've loads more to say about personal liberties, speeding, ID cards and catching wrongdoers but I have no time just now.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 184

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Oh, and you're supposed to sow parsley on Good Friday. It germinates better if you water it in with boiling water.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 185

Witty Moniker

I can't keep houseplants because Clicquot smiley - cat munches on them. He even nibbled the bunch of carnations my daughter got from her boyfriend.

It's too cold here to plant anything but pansies, the stores don't even have the annuals and perenials out yet. So I bought a pack of catnip seeds and threw them in a pot last Sunday. They just sprouted on Thursday. That should keep both Clicquot and me happy.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 186

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - sleepy
[-B4-]
{the Atelier's most verbose 'calling card' dropper, as he slinks off to bed after his first week of 12-hour shifts for the refuel outage}
smiley - zzz


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 187

Mrs Zen

[Ben]


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 188

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 189

Mrs Zen

Before I forget: I have built another site for another g/f who is an artist, (the blonde cat was my cat Buster, every bit as cheeky as he looks, though the bitmap doesn't do her picture justice).

You can get there via the front page at http://www.beltaneservices.com, or directly at http://www.carolebarnett.co.uk. Comments, especially technical problems and an indication of download speeds will be gratefully accepted at: F1599167?thread=384492&latest=1

Ben


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 190

Z

Z - I really can't offer to scribe the conversation because I don't know what the internet access will be like in the Hebridies.

I should get on with some gardening, I have things to plant etc, but i think I'll do some work first.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 191

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I don't know where ltp is, actually...I was wondering that myself the other day.

Odd dreams last night. Don't know if it was something I ate or what, but very weird.

Courtesy, do you have a waterbed? I dreamed you did, and it somehow or another was overfull, and exploded and that made Lil's property flood. Like I said, very, very weird.

If you're politically a little to the left, you'll appreciate this site...

http://www.rightwingeye.com/

oddly funny.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 192

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I can't get that site to come up. Keep getting connection refused messages.

I was wondering where ltp is myself.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 193

FG

At the risk of making a lot of excuses, I don't have the time to be a scribe because I can only be here during my work week, and I have far too much to do at my desk--I would hate to attract the PTB to my Salonista activities. smiley - sadface


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 194

Courtesy38

MR - I used to have a waterbed, about 15 years ago. Just a regular bed now.

Courtesy


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 195

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Amy is our scribe, then. Thank you for volunteering, Amy!

Third party has put a sign up where he shoved the dirt around. Lincoln Valley Estates. Estates!


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 196

Z

Thanks Amy.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 197

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

I told you it was a weird dream, Courtesy. Well, at least Lil doesn't have to worry!

I can scribe sometime in the summer. Not now. Too crazy busy with the quarter.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 198

Coniraya

I ~will~ take my turn too, honest! I'm just not sure yet when we are taking another week or two off.

MR, even though I'm not wholly accounted with those geezers, I still found the Queer Eye spoof funny smiley - ok

Been gardening this afternoon, H and No1 son painted the new fence panels and did some weeding, digging and pruning. I feel knackered now, but at least the garden is beginning to look tidier and I've found a spot for a new shrub.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 199

Afgncaap5

I'll take my turn at scribe at some point. But summer will be better.

We had a semi-traditional passover at my house last night. Gotta love mazza bread!smiley - smiley


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 200

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I will likewise take my turn at scribing, will have to wait until the kids' transition is done.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more