A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 161

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Happy Birthday Ben.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 162

FG

I'll add my two bits to the Happy Birthday party!

smiley - cake


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 163

Hypatia

Hope you had a lovely day, Ben. smiley - cake


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 164

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

T, I'm so sorry that happened.

I don't know...I'm thinking more the freeways in CA, where if there's a pedestrian, they're looking to get hit.

I know what you're saying about Mass Ave, dave. My STBX sister-in-law lives fairly near there, and people go 50 or 60 on it. Scares her to death.

It's bad around here, too. The signs are posted at 50, and people go 80. Where does anyone have to be in that much of a hurry? I mean, I understand blazing thru eastern Montana and the Dakotas, but trying to fly thru the traffic on the 405 by LAX is just a death wish.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 165

Ivan the Terribly Average

*disembodied voice drifts in and then drifts away, pausing to say...*

Happy Birthday, Ben...


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 166

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Matina brings out a pineapple cheesecake with a candle in it*

Happy birthday, Ben!


A day full of errands and thunderstorms, my first chance in a week to get out and obtain prescriptions and groceries and office supplies and see the accountant. Tired me out. I have an email from Mike that's really interesting and that I want to answer, but I need to sleep. Especially as I have to work all day tomorrow.
smiley - zzz


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 167

Afgncaap5

Happy birthday, Ben! Here, an Inflatable Squid! On the house.

Just posted a link to lots of Law Of Continuity games at Peta's "Virtual Game Search". The researcher behind A2400805 found a lot of good examples behind the Law Of Continuity games, but she hasn't even scratched the surface yet. It'll take a long, long time to finish that.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 168

soeasilyamused, or sea

[c]


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 169

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

A little bit of a rough startwith the kids today. I don't think they realize that visiting daddy and living with daddy are 2 different things. The rules are slightly different than when they were just visiting for the weekend. They have actually chores to do now. Oh well, all in good time. I am ecstatic to finally have them home.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 170

Coniraya

I think it is wonderful, Zomnker, and am so pleased for you. But it will be tough, as you say, being patient will be the key. Which is easy for me to say and I know that I am guilty of being exceedingly impatient at times.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 171

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I can be impatient at times, I try not to be though. I know it will not be easy but, I like a challenge.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 172

Phil

Hope you had a good day Ben.

Best of luck GDZ.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 173

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG getting GDZ's back since 1983]


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 174

Mrs Zen

Oh, pressies and cakes and an inflatable squid! Thank you everyone.

I have to confess I do speed, but only in derestricted zones, where the speed limit is 70. Lower speed limits are there to protect pedestrans, and people pulling out, and so on, so I always obey them. My petrol-head husband taught me a lot about road conditions, and I am sensitive to things like tyre pressures, tread, grease on the roads, all the stuff that affects road-holding. I am also sensitive to visibility, including the brows of hills.

The stepson was astonished that I can tell when someone was going to pull out or pull over *before* they signalled, but most people make micro-movements of the steering wheel as they check the mirror before a maneuveur.

Had a good day yesterday, though not a very birthdayish one, cleaning and tidying the flat.

I am now, however, officially The Answer. Only another three years before I am officially a black 7" single!

B


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 175

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Sorry I'm late, but happy brithday for yesterday Ben, doing anything fun for the long weekend to celebrate?

smiley - cheesecakesmiley - bubbly


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 176

Teuchter

Happy Birthday from me too Ben smiley - bubblysmiley - gift

14 loads of laundry MR smiley - yikes

Like most people I am also guilty of speeding sometimes but I try never to do it in built-up areas. I didn't learn to drive until I was in my thirties and had an excellent instructor who taught me to 'read the road ahead'.

I drive a fairly small car most of the time but occasionally get the use of Mr T's larger vehicle. I've noticed a real difference in the way other road users treat me, depending on which car I'm in. You get bullied in a smaller car. smiley - grr


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 177

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Some towns around here are trying out "traffic calming devices". They are things like rumble strips and places where the roads narrow needlessly. The sole purpose is to force people to slow down in critical areas. I wish they would install one in the road one over from my house - we have a residential neighborhood on one side and a park on the other, so lots of people with kids and dogs crossing. The road is straight, which leads people to speed, and there is double traffic signal, so when it starts to change people speed up trying to get through *both* lights (they never do, I'm surprised the police don't just sit there handing out tickets).

Happy belated birthday, Ben.
smiley - dog <-- Pretty good about sitting and waiting at the corner (when told to). But Jersey Gummo smiley - dog, that's a different story


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 178

Hypatia

It isn't suppposed to rain until evening, but the sky is full of dark clouds so I don't know if I'll get anything done outside today or not. I'm pleased with the progress so far. My veggie patch is going to be much roomier than last year. smiley - ok I enlarged it so I'll have room to plant corn.

I have moved hostas from the front to the back and daylilies from the back to the front. I still have to move some iris that are now in the shade because my nectarine tree is nearly full grown. And I still have my glad bulbs to plant and my cannas. I have cabbage plants big enough to set out, but it is still too early to plant most of my veggies. Oh! I bought four blueberry bushes. Don't have a clue yet where I'm going to put them. Not where the last ones were. Too much shade. A lot of my yard is becoming shady because of so many fruit trees. I may put the blueberries on the edge of the veggie patch.

And it's Good Friday, which means that today is the day to direct sow flower seeds. smiley - smiley It's a tradition I learned from my grandfather.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 179

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Working this morning.

Hey! We don't have a scribe again! And salonistas are saying some really interesting things.


70Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 180

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


And where's ltp??


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more