A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 401

Afgncaap5

That's a movie that I really need to watch.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 402

Z

MR that's one way of seeing it. But societies acceptance of people that fall bettween the two sexs comes at the expense of the people who fall neatly into the sex that's different to the one that they were born into.

For instance I can pass much more easily to elderly people - to them a person, especially if wearing a white coat and carrying a stethoscope, with a shirt and tie and short hair can only be male. Although I pass quite effectively now it took a lot more effort to pass on the gay scene than it did on the wards. People put together, the not quite broken voice, small hands and shortness if they know what to look for.

I know that if they weren't aware of the existance of TG people they wouldn't assume I was one.

I'm fairly sure that they don't know now.... most people assume I'm gay which does bother me slightly, but I try not to let it.

The question remains why did Brandon go to a city where he was killed, he could have ran away to somewhere more tolerant. Perhaps it was because he didn't want to live as a Transgendered person he just wanted to be male. If society had been different people their would have been more accepting of transgendered people, but also more aware of them and he wouldn't have been able to live as male.

Then again he would be alive, which is really a good thing..


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 403

BryceColluphid

Rats ! Missed the pre-destination discussion! Hi, everybody!


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 404

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 405

Afgncaap5

Hello to you as well.smiley - smiley


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 406

LOOPYBOOPY

Z
I think I would take the defensive view too. But I reckon you will be approached by the media. The tricky part is that the media they want absolute veto on what they edit. Editors and producers have agendas..care!

The BBC of course expect everything for nothing. They are mean and bold enough to expect you to pay your own expenses. Tell 'em you want laid on transport into where-ever.

You want really someone like Max Clifford. Not cheap but well worth it. And I would ask the BMA or FRCS for advice too. If in doubt keep stumm. But sooner or later the tabloids will get to know. I would start making a few enquiries now with experienced BMA PR people.

My wife has a good motto "Never trust a journalist"....she's right!

Not easy task, but regard every press encounter as hostile.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 407

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

My goodness, Bryce left more than a calling card?!

Z, I guess since I've never felt like I was anything other than female, it's never been something I've seriously thought about. But I don't know how any straight person could sit through that film and still think that Brandon got what he "deserved." I find it deplorable that the killers didn't get life sentences. But then again, perhaps I run with an enlightened crowd. My oldest friend and his partner have been together for 15 years, and I don't consider their relationship any less of a marriage than male/female couples I know, and it's a damned sight stronger than most hetero marriages (mine included).

So as a debating point, gay marriage. Open floor, folks...jump right in!


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 408

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Can't read blog. Hate world. Need smiley - tea and smiley - cuddle. smiley - blue

*curls up in blanket on the sofa*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 409

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

smiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hug

What's up, Gw7en?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 410

BryceColluphid

What's up, Gw7en ? Tell us about it if you like...


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 411

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Don't like the fact that I missed the last part of the religion discussion.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 412

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - hug MR

Thanks for the concern. I... had an unpleasant run in tonight. I'll live, but I am rather subdued just now...


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 413

marvthegrate LtG KEA

smiley - hug G7, you know we are here for you.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 414

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

We are indeed.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 415

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hug

Thank you, guys. I know you are. And I appreciate it so much.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 416

Sol

smiley - hug for Gw7en.

I'm not sure you've missed it... I rekon we can cope with the odd few topics going on simaltaneously. Just jump in there.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 417

Coniraya

smiley - cuddle Gw7en, I hope you are feeling easier now.

There wasn't even a frost this morning, but I'm hoping that is due to the cloud cover that should be bringing us snow.

I didn't know anything about the Brendon Teena story until it was featured in a Sunday Times magazine article. It struck me as very sad.

I like fictional crime stories too, but that is because they are fiction and a tv programme where someone dies before the opening credits and at least two more before the end is somewhat removed from reality. I am thinking particularly of Midsommer Murders, set in apparently sleepy towns and villages, where even the characters have started to remark on the high murder rate. smiley - laugh


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 418

Titania (gone for lunch)

Another smiley - cuddle for Gw7en

Gay marriages? I've got no problem with that - it's not likely to do any harm to anyone, except maybe the feelings of some people - people whose business it isn't anyway (hmmm... doesn't that sentence sound odd?)


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 419

Seth of Rabi

Good morning from GMT +3 smiley - smiley

I pressed the reply button to add emphasis to your very good point about the unreality of 'killings for entertainment', Caer. I find I can't watch murder mysteries and their kin these days because the sanitised version of violent death that they portray reduces the gross horror of such events to some sanitised, clinical parody of the real thing.

Violent death becomes remote and acceptable - perhaps I'm a little sensitive about the subject, but I see it all over the threads from the "nuke 'em all" armchair war-mongers particularly. From a position of great safety (in relative terms), votes are cast, ships launched, buttons pressed, and a few third world deaths reported on the inside pages.

My thoughts go to a colleague of mine who had his shoulder blown off by a roadside device here a few weeks ago. I guess he was lucky - the Iraqi sitting beside him was killed instantly. Small beer for what the military ironically refer to as 'the theatre'.

Why has recreational warfare become acceptable ?

Gone off thread a little. Thought I might. Sorry-o


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 420

Coniraya

Don't apologies, Seth. With an Army background, I too am fully aware of the horrors of war, admittedly second hand as we waited for Dad to return from various 'emergencies', the nastiest and largely forgotten was Borneo that he was directly involved in during his 30 years in the Royal Engineers. That we were aware of, he frequently disappeared for a few weeks at a time for maneouvres that later coincided with news reports of trouble.

But I have to admit to saying that I do enjoy fictional crime and wasn't the first to say that real life crime shows were abhorrent.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more