A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 421

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - cuddle

*sips smiley - tea greatly cheered by good friends*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 422

Seth of Rabi

smiley - hug

Must dash - got a Chinook to catch. I wonder if they'll let me take one back to Lagos .....


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 423

Z

*wanders in feeling smug at the fact I can spend a morning watching Kilroy only to find that it's been cancelled*

*smiley - hugs Gwe7n - I do hope things are ok witih you?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 424

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - hug Z. Things are not ok. But they will be. Just a matter of time.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 425

Z

*Quickly makes Gwe7n some tea smiley - tea *

Over here that seems to cure nearly all ills..


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 426

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[mtg]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 427

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Thank you, Z. *sips smiley - tea* Just what I needed.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 428

Fashion Cat

smiley - cuddles G7. Time will heal.

Gay marriages - I am in favour of them. Especially as it is becoming more and more that it is possible to rear children with two male or two female parents. Marriage provides intrinsic securities that are currently unattainable to G/Ls. I feel really strongly against Bush's comments in his announcement the other week about how he must protect against these types of marriages. If two people love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together, who are we to deny them that priveledge???


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 429

Z

I have to agree, there are many people who do raise children in unconventional familes, where they don't live with both natural parents..

As far as I can see the only arguments against gay marriage are religons ones and it's not the point of religon to impose it's values on a state.

That said you really didn't need to know my opinions on it..


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 430

Munchkin

[M. Missed my chance to drone on and on about physics there, which is probably no bad thing smiley - winkeye]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 431

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - brave
Gw7en...
smiley - erm
...I wish there was something 'tangible' we could do for you. Like drive to Austin, hamstring the clown who's been giving you such problems, and shipping off to some remote corner of the world.
smiley - hug
Keep on pursuing the legal avenues and let everyone near you know not to let the creep have access to you.
smiley - hug
B4


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 432

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Thanks, B4. smiley - hug


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 433

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Gw7en, remember Zeppo is here whenever you need him. smiley - hug Me too.

I believe the only form of predestination is the one that says we are predestined to forever catch up with backlog.

10 years is not enough time to pass for trivializing a crime by dramatizing or exploiting it for a "true crime" show. There are still people affected by it too strongly, and without their permission it's simply offensive. Even 50 years later it can still hurt someone.

Lil, a .hqx file could be anything, it's just a mostly useless historical encoding (8-bit to 7-bit) meant to deal with ancient e-mail programs that don't automatically encode/decode binary attachments. Use Stuffit (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/19140 - it's a really excellent replacement for winZip) to process it, but since the Mac doesn't need filename extensions you'll still need to know what type of file is inside the .hqx file no open it on a Windows machine (so you can give it the ".doc" or ".pdf" or ".tif" extension or whatever).
smiley - dog


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 434

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - hug d'E. Thank you, luv.

*smiley - cuddle Zeppo smiley - dog*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 435

Hypatia

smiley - hug for Gwen.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 436

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - hug Hyp


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 437

GreyDesk

Gay marriages? Well if Churches, vicars, prayer stalls and the like are your thing, then why should I stand in your way smiley - winkeye

No more seriously, it is about recognising equality within all human relationships. It is not so much demanding equality under the eyes of 'God', more about under the eyes of your pension provider, or landlord, or healthcare provider. Slowly (but oh so slowly) these barriers are being broken down. In time I believe that in all areas non-married relationships (same sex or otherwise) will have the same status as marriage relationship.

And whilst we are on the subject. Do you remember Marv (I think it was you) posting a link to the American Families Association and their on-line petition against Gay Marriage? Well this is how it all turned out for them - http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,61982,00.html?tw=wn_polihead_2 - oh dear


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 438

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Marriage was not meant to be a state sponsored affair anyway, or so says my daddy the priest. The only reason the state got involved was to collect more taxes. Marriage is between the people involved and their chosen deity or lack thereof. Anyone else is extraneous. smiley - winkeye

*sips smiley - tea*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 439

Witty Moniker

That may be so, G7, but the legal structure of our culture now demands that relationships be formalized. For example, we don't have socialized medicine in the US, most of us receive health insurance as a employee benefit. Since an employee can have their family covered, they need a legitimate way to identify their family members. Marriage, birth and adoption certificates provide for that. I don't care if we call it marriage or civil union, but documentation is necessary.

And of course, any permutation of loving individuals that choose to form a family is okay in my book. Which brings to mind the polygamous faction of the Mormons. If they are all consenting adults, I don't have a problem with it. However, I don't approve of arranged marriages with minors.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 440

SE

[spk]


Key: Complain about this post