A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I wonder: can ketchup be used to clean bronze the same way it polishes brass? smiley - winkeye


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

It's worth a try, I would have thought.

Today is the day of my grandads funeral. I would have been too ill to attend even if I'd made the journey so it's just as well I didn't. I'll just sit quietly over here.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

smiley - hug Amy


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Thanks Gw7en smiley - hug

I'll take all the other hugs as read because everyone was very kind in the last thread and I wouldn't want people to feel they had to do it all again. I'm not sad, just thoughtful.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Sol

I don't think we feel we have to, just that we want to. smiley - hug *raises a glass to your grandad*


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Z

Amy, smiley - cuddle and that wasn't because I feel obliged to give it to you!


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

Coniraya

I hope you have a peaceful day, Amy smiley - hug.

Just back from the gym, smiley - puffsmiley - puff.

I heard on the car radio that talks have broken down between Fox and the BBC and they will not be buying the new series of 24 smiley - sadface




63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

smiley - sadface I've just phoned my mum and it made her cry smiley - cry.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

Z

Double smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle it's an emotional day for both of you.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Hypatia

Amy I know you say you're ok with not going, and I hope you are. Don't let it create guilt. I had to miss some family things when I lived in Texas. Everyone always said not to feel bad and I pretended not to, but it didn't work. Now looking back I can see that it really was ok. [non-obligatory smiley - hug]

Of course I was born feeling guilty about everything - whether I had anything to do with it or not. smiley - erm There must be a name for that. I'm a little better now, but it's still pretty easy to lay a guilt trip on me. My mother is a pro at it.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I missed my grandmother's funeral back in January because I had no way to get to Oklahoma for it. I am still sorry I missed it, but there was nothing I could do. My family all understood and I'm sure that yours does too, Amy. Either way, more smiley - hug for you.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

Phil

Drops a sick note on the table (see journal for more details) requesting a one time backlog exemption.

smiley - cuddle Amy and anyone else who needs one.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

Coniraya

Just got back indoors to pick a message from the letting agents, it seems the tenants of my property are refusing to move. The letting manager has gone to talk to them and I'm waiting to hear if there any other further developments.

The stupid thing is if they had said they were having trouble finding another property and requested a month or two's extension I would have said yes.

I do not need a legal battle over Christmas smiley - grr


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

smiley - hug for Amy and Phil

Caer, is that the flat that number 2 son is going to move into?
smiley - dog


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Witty Moniker

Some times you just need a good smiley - cry. Or even a smiley - wah. It's very cathartic.

*Passes 'round a box of tissues, for the smiley - ill and the smiley - blue*


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Coniraya

Yes it is d'E, As soon as I heard, I phoned him to warn him of the delay, he phoned his g/f who is now smiley - wah.

The tenants are refusing to move until they get their deposit back, saying they need the money for the next property deposit. But legally it can't be released until they have vacated the property and any overstay of their tenure will be deducted from it, also any legal and court costs, so they will be worse off. Physically it can't be in their hands for 5 working days anyway.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

Z

Ooh what a difficult situation for all of you, This is difficult to say, because I understand that you're in a mess and I want to sympathise with you, what with you being a friend.

I can really really really see the tenants point of view.

Legally it's they're in the wrong but they are in a bit of a mess if they don't have access to funds for another deposit. What else can they do? I don't think they're being stubbon - it sounds like they're genuniely stuck.

Not everyone has relatives or a bank, who can lend them money in that situation. Is there any way you can compromise, and officaly do the inspection before they've moved out so that they can get out of their predicatment?

I know you're in the right legally, but really if they don't get the money it sounds like they're going to be homeless - just before christmas.

Not that it's your fault of course - and it's not nice for your son and his girlfriend, but at least they have roofs over their heads not to mention parents who are able to help them move into a property themselves.

Mutters about capitalism, the right to buy scheme ruining a decent stock of council housing and other such causes of evil.

Sorry for posting all this, of course I want to support you being a friend n'all.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Given that all they had to do was talk to Caer earlier in order to work it out, the tenants are clearly in the wrong here, even if everything you said applies Z. The problem is not that they don't have the money, but that they didn't tell anyone that until after it became a legal matter. smiley - 2cents
smiley - dog


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

Afgncaap5

*non-obligatory smiley - hug for Amy*

V. I can print the letter v. Thanks to Icon.

I'd have to agree that the tenants should have spoken up before it became a troublesome issue. If nothing else, it would have been polite for them to give some warning.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

Coniraya

It is not up to me to release the deposit, but up to the letting agent and as they say if they release it and the tenants still refuse to go there is little recourse of action left but to go to the courts.

Also they were credit checked beforehand, both are in employment and they paid the 6 months rent up front as they had money in the bank to do so according to Mrs tenant. Their references bore out too and there was no reason not to rent to them in the first place, if there had been the letting agents would have advised against them.

I don't like being hard hearted, especially at this time of the year, but my feeling now is that if I do let them stay then the whole situation will be repeated in a month or two. As I said earlier if tehy had gone through the proper channels, requested an extension I would have agreed. Now I don't trust them to keep to any contract.


Key: Complain about this post