A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 101

Candi - now 42!

Gives Amy a smiley - hug just for making me smiley - laugh so much about the chair decorations yesterday.

Gw7en...good to see you again smiley - smiley...I offer you a belated welcome back greeting.smiley - blush


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 102

Afgncaap5

I certainly understand where you're coming from, Caer.

In a related note (can't remember if I've mentioned this yet or not), I'm in the middle of a move. The people who properly own this house gave us some time to move out, but we're still here, almost an entire 3 weeks after we were supposed to move out. We all feel really, really horrible, but there's little to nothing that we can do to get out of here faster.

At least we have some good temporary housing. It's not nearly as close to....well, close to everything....as we'd like, but it's got the room for all of our stuff.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 103

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes in from her apartments and heads straight to the butler's hatch for a cup of tea and some cinnamon buns*

*voluntary smiley - hug for Amy on the way* It's good that you didn't make arrangements to go to his funeral because you're not well today and you would have had a compound load of guilt. You know what happens if you over-extend yourself.

Caer, the tenants have been thoughtless and not planned ahead. It's a problem, but not your problem.

Affi, have you seen your Icon prof yet? I was hoping you would relay to him exactly what you learned from us and the web about the language, and I'll be interested to hear what he said.

Everyone remember, we head out to the Magic Forest and Mt. Sandeverest for a goo spruce on Monday the 8th. Amos has everything ready for a hay ride, and Bonnie and Clyde are bursting with good health. And then this will be our third year to provide ornaments for the tree.

I'm going to get Munchkin's paper chains out of the closet -- they're only three years old. On the subject of absent friends, we should also think of Munchkin and Toccata. I'm glad we have Gw7en back, anyway. smiley - smiley


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 104

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

smiley - yikes
Affi, are you talking about your college digs or your family??


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 105

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Lil is very wise. It is best I didn't go. And I've not been telling my mum how ill I really am so it's best that she hasn't had to cope with that too at this time.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 106

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - blue
Lil, I may only be 'observing' y'all russlin' up the tree, as I'll be swamped with this next course on Cultural Diversity with University of Phoenix. I'll peek in, though.
smiley - erm
I want to thank all the Salonistas for broadening my personal 'cultural diversity' outlook. If it's not a big deal, may I approach some of you individually for more detailed insights on your lifestyles, while I'm taking this class through January? Y'all have already been a wealth of info and excellent sounding boards for many situations; I'd just like to expand on that and get your permission to use certain info in papers or discussion groups for the class.
smiley - huh
Bless,
askingB4thepapersaredue
smiley - cool


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 107

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Wow, B4, you having said that makes me wish I was a modern trans-Atlantic historian....I could have all sorts of good oral histories right here.

Oh, well.

My students are going to be disappointed with me today. I was supposed to do a review for the final today, but there's no way that I am going to go anywhere today. Can't be helped, I suppose.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 108

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Culturally diverse we may be, but I suspect we're also a bit crazy, and that might skew your results. Of course, if you're crazy too, then it probably comes out about right. smiley - silly


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 109

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 110

Coniraya

The lettings manager has got back to me and the tenants are flatly refusing to go. Their tenancy expired at noon today, so I shall be instructing my solicitor to write to them and if they still refuse to vacate the property, we shall have to go to court.

Amy, the main thing is your Mum knows you are thinking about her and that is very important. Even though you weren't at the funeral, you are supporting your Mum and I am sure she appreciates that.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 111

SE

[spk]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 112

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Thanks Caer smiley - smiley. I think that's what made my mum cry though smiley - erm. I'll try to phone her later on tonight.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 113

FG

Here's another smiley - cuddle for Amy.

When I moved last month I had an unpleasant experience with my landlady of five years over returning the remainder of my rent (I moved out in the middle of the month and she said she would give me half of it back the day I left). Earlier, I told her that I no longer wanted my couch and she was free to have it for her own use or I would call Goodwill or the Salvation Army to come pick it up as a donation. She decided she didn't want it and Goodwill said they would come get it on Monday (this was Saturday) if we left it by the curb. After a busy day getting things moved from one place to another, I came back to finish cleaning the empty apartment. Half of my team left to attend a college football game and the other half was at my new apartment. When I was done cleaning, I approached her to get the agreed-upon monies due me. The couch was still in the apartment as we were too tired to carry it out at that time. We told her earlier we were planning on coming back the next day. When I asked, she paused, looked at me, and said "How do I know you're not going to leave the couch there once I give you this money?" and then implied she wasn't going to hand it over until we moved it. I couldn't believe it. I lived in her apartment for five years, always paying my rent on time and really taking care of the place. I was a fantastic tenant--even she said so. I was completely and totally disgusted by this sudden lack of trust on her part. I looked at her for a long moment and said "Why wouldn't I move it?" I'm sure my voice was dripping with disgust and my eyes showed every bit of my emotions, because she blushed, apologized and wrote me a check. Then she had the nerve to say she would miss me as a tenant. I didn't say anything and left.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 114

Z

Caer I apologise unreseverdly, I had no idea of the full situation, and of course, knowing you I couldn't imagine you being hard hearted if there wasn't a reason.

If you've given them plenty of notice and they are both in employment, then it really is a matter of poor planning.

I shuold have just kept my mouth shut.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 115

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Z, for a bit there, I sympathized, but not talking to anyone about an extension and then flatly refusing to move out? That's just immature. Last month, I got so busy that I completely forgot to pay rent. I got this friendly little reminder to either pay up or get out. The women at the office were lovely about it...just fine, but I felt like a dork.

There's a difference, I think, between honest need and just being a jerk. To me, it sounds like these people are being jerks.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 116

Courtesy38

smiley - hug for Amy, non-obligatory of course.

Caer - I think you are doing the right thing with the tenents, it just sounds as if they have zero planning skills, and I find their lack of courtesy disturbing *said in best Darth Vader voice*

On the subject of bronze cleaning, Brasso works great for Brass and I would think it would work well with bronze.

Courtesy


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 117

Coniraya

It is quite all right, Z, I like the way you always look out for the underdog, although they aren't in this case.

They were actually given one month's extra notice, 3 rather than the 2 I am legally obliged to give them. It is very odd really, as there is quite a glut of houses for rent at the moment, my letting agents sent them their current list and offered to contact other agencies on their behalf an offer they didn't take up. Rents have fallen a bit too, so it isn't as if they couldn't find anything.

I shall wait and see what tomorrow brings. I am releived I took out insurance for just this sort of thing.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 118

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

B4, if you wish, you may contact me. Info is on my page.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 119

Z

Caer if they're have 3 months notice and are both in employment then they could borrow the money for a deposit I suppose. Just out of interest is council housing difficult to get in your area?

If they have children and for some reason want a council house, the only way to go about it if you are adequately housed in rental accomodation is to become homeless. One of the conditions the Birmingham City Council has is if you are being evicted the landperson has to go to court before the council will consider you homeless.

The other way for them, would be for Mrs Tenant to turn up on the doorstep of a housing department claiming that she was fleeing a violent relationship. Most Housing departments don't ask for police reports or anything.

I can understand why they'd want coucil houseing if they'd got a family - it's more secure and it doesn't involve moving every so often.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 120

Z

Oooh I should mention I've tempted for the homelessness section of Birmingham City Council, and something about the story seemed very familar.

The problem was their was always a risk that the family were jsut being idiots and no child deserves to be on the streets even if the cause of it is their parents idiocy.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more