A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 41

Coniraya

I will admit to having collected fircones to make my own door wreath this year. Having paid nearly £12 for a wreath last year that consisted of dried fruit, nuts and cones stuck onto an evergreen ring with glue, I reckoned I could do just as well for less. Whihc reminds me; I must ask No2 son if I can borrow his glue gun before he moves.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 42

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

[d'E]
[smiley - dog]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 43

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

with two 3 month old kittens in the house this year, I don't think we'll be doing much by way of Xmas decorations...I don't want any unnecessary trips to the vet.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 44

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Imagine leaning back in your chair and getting your hair caught in the thistle!

The sun is shining across my desk and I can see a heavy layer of dust. Maybe I'll do something about that tomorrow.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 45

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Caucasion folks..that's the word CAUCASION.
Slavic people.......and welcoming. Lovely folks!


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 46

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 47

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Perhaps I didn't make it clear that the decoration was dangling down the back of the back of the chair so leaning back wouldn't be a problem but squeezing past everyone else's chair to pop out to the loo would probably be an adventure smiley - smiley.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 48

Afgncaap5

My only comment about this batch of backlog:

That your friend laughed and said that my professor was sadistic....it strengthens one of my two impressions. Either that, or he just has no idea that the rest of the known Universe has effectively abandoned the ICON language.

And I believe your friend implicitly when he says that it was designed as a cruel joke to confuse people.

If I ever get a job as a computer programmer, assuming that my writing doesn't pan out, I will turn down any offer for Icon programming, short of one that guarantees health and hapiness for months on end.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 49

Candi - now 42!

Re: enormous size of Soviet Union -

"Do you know how many time zones there are in the Soviet Union?
Eleven.
That's ridiculous - it's not even funny"

- Negativland "Escape from Noise" (a brilliant album from the '80s)



smiley - silly - The idea of fiddling about putting flowers on the backs of chairs is so ridiculous it almost makes my smiley - headhurts!



63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 50

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

On the same page we have 'pinning two rose petals to a ready-made place card' (the implication being that one should really make one's own placecards) and making a cheap napkin ring from a belt buckle and some ribbon. That would be a ruby diamanté belt buckle - a nip at £19.95 (an amount that would buy you a perfectly nice napkin ring from a proper shop).


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 51

Candi - now 42!

Ow!

smiley - yuk

Stoppit!!


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 52

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Eek! I've found another one! "It takes only a few moments to ties lengths of ivy, eucalyptus and chillies with raffia bows to each chair back, but it's a touch that ensures the room looks extra-special for Christmas festivities."

It looks daft. The chillies are on long stalks so I suppose they imagine you've grown your own - or at least the gardener has.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 53

Hypatia

smiley - laugh Thanks. I needed that. Chili pepper wreaths are common in the southwest, though, and look better than you might think.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 54

FG

As far as I'm concerned, a good dinner with loved ones and lots of yummy Christmas cookies smiley - drool are what makes a room "extra-special for Christmas festivities". With that kind of pressure, its no wonder most people get stressed out over the holidaze.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 55

Z

smiley - rofl I'm just imagining how ridiculous it would look in my rather small flat.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 56

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

So then, these are silly ideas?

/* throws notes in the fire when no one is looking */

I knew that.

Oetzi, what happened to your name? You're showing up with just a researcher number.
smiley - dog


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 57

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 58

Afgncaap5

And along with that, Oetzi, your user space is blank as registration day. Are ya going to experiment with a new intro and screen name for a while?

I remember the first time I changed my screen name and user space. I was the Green Jester for blueDragon's Masquerade Dance. Ah, those were the days....


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 59

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Does anyone know what will take care of a stuffy head, sore throat and screaming headache? All else is well, but I feel like dog doo-doo.

(no offense there, Zeppo)


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 60

Afgncaap5

Well, if you stop screaming....

BUt seriously, that's one of those "just rest for a bit" things, in my experience. A nice herbal tea might help, but beyond that I can't really say.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more