A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1121

Z

Well done for the mega post Ben, that's quite an achievement, yup you will get to meet Aeschlepius, on Friday

Titiania, - always glad to be of use, I'm accessing h2g2 the normal way at the moment

MR enjoy all that reading it sounds fascinating to me, I would love ot have done history.

I've got a presentation to prepare for Friday afternoon on a topic I wrote an essay on in June. So far we have some good clip art and nice animations. I've lost the details of how long I'm supposed to talk for and I'm just hoping that they have powerpoint facilities. I think that they do. Though I might pop into the library in the morning to make some back up OHP slides.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1122

Hypatia

I've had a dreadful time with the white screen of doom (or whatever you call it) for the past two days. And timing out before any conversations would open. Sort of takes the pleasure out of the website.

Nice to have you back Ben.

Caer, I have had two Siamese cats over the years. The first was an absolute joy but very fragile healthwise. The second was the stupidist creature ever born and also unhealthy. I prefer tabby cats. They're sweet, smart and healthy.

Am currently drinking warmed over coffee while a fresh pot brews. smiley - erm I have no shame.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1123

Bald Bloke

[BB]
being Lazy
Our office will be so overheated this week I've decided to tag a couple more days on my holiday and go back next week.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1124

Coniraya

I am on the mailing list of our local theatre and have just opened the events booklet and the pantomime this year is Dick Whittington. It doesn't seem five minutes since I was last in a panto audience smiley - laugh

Ben, I'm not sure if you will see the new car on the 27th as I may ask No2 son to drop me off, depending on what we end up doing and where.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1125

a girl called Ben

smiley - wah


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1126

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I'm cold smiley - sadface. I had to put a jumper on.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1127

SE

we've had humidty levels in the 80s for the past week and today it finally dropped... to 72. Lets just say I'm thankful for small favors, but wish they were a bit bigger.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1128

Toccata

Oh! There There Ben! smiley - erm

Caerwynn, I have to go and buy some wholemean flour before I can give that bread a go, but will report back smiley - smiley

It's still lovely here, the thermometer says 26C but outside is too hot for me.

Cheers for the link, Z it certainly seems better. Trouble is, if we all go and use that, will it fall over too?

I have been on the look out for pools nearby, and have found a very reasonable council run pool around 10mins walk away, so may be off for a swim this afternoon.

This is my local baths, but the membership is a bit difficult to justify at the moment.

http://www.arlingtonbaths.co.uk/


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1129

Phil

Toc, you never did let on which beer you brewed has been taken down (or is it up) to London for the GBBF.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1130

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

ΒΆ[LIL]


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1131

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1132

Garius Lupus

[smiley - fullmoon]
(I think Aeschlepius's could be referred to as just 'A'. Then we can claim to have researchers from A to Z at the Atelier.) (Hi, A smiley - winkeye)


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1133

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - laugh Nice one, GL! /T.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1134

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Clean cups! Clean cups!
F38024?thread=304564


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1135

FG

You had to have seen Lady and the Tramp, Caer, that's where Si and Am the two nasty Siamese smiley - catsmiley - cat appear!

"We are Siamese if you please,
we are Siamese if you don't please,
we are from the residence of Siam,
there are no finer cats than I am!"

Or at least that's how I remember the song going. I don't recall any notably mean cats in 101 Dalmatians. I've never seen all of Bambi because when I saw it, back when I was 5 or so, I burst into tears and had a major crying fit and had to be carried out of the theater. I have yet to watch the entire movie because I'm a big fat sap. I cry every time I see Dumbo and his mama, imprisoned in the wagon, rocks him to sleep with her trunk while singing "Baby Mine".


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1136

Z

My anti social angelfish got killed by the other fish today, smiley - cry the tank is too quite without him. The other are looking quite lost and wondering where he's got to. Silly things. I've turned the heater off in there tank and it's one degree C over the recommended level. Even my tropical fish are too hot.

I've been for a drink with a girl I hadn't seen since I was 16, I have changed a lot since of course, she seemed to have as well. She was a very religous polish catholic five years ago, now she's lightening up a lot since. We've resolved to keep in touch, I may be visiting her in Krackow soon, Birmingham seems so inadequate in comparason.

Good luck with the swimming Toc, I have resolved to go to the gym on my way home from my new placement on Monday, when the membership expires in Novemeber I'm joining the one at the university it's time I got the courage to go swimming, I haven't done since - erm, well since you know what I mean.

Garius Lupis, I think refering to Aeschlepius as A would be a good idea, because then I can refer to my flat as A+Zs and I can't spell Aeschlepius,

We got talking to the upstairs neighbour today, A is bass trombone player, and has been too nervous to practice in a flat since we moved it. It turns out the neighbour's a French Horn player, and he's thinking of joining her brass band. Fortunatly I like brass band music.

I'm sure the nasty simese were in Lady and the Tramp. Yoda, (Terri's cat) is a Simese, she's lovely but tends to murder small things a lot apparently.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1137

Z

smiley - blush Sorry I didn't mean to do all of that, I only meant to cut and paste my post.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1138

stinkywigfiddle

I have a cat that is simese. Actually he's just a mut, but he's simese colored.
I miss having a cat around since I'm at college now. I'd like to get some fish in my room sometime.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1139

a girl called Ben

stinkywigfiddle - we've moved. F38024?thread=304564

The best thing to do is subscribe to the Aetelier page itself, then you will get notifications of new threads instantly.

B


Key: Complain about this post