A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1041

Bumblebee

*Heavy flashbacks of the Bluse Brothers behind wire mesh*
Oh dear!


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1042

Toccata

smiley - huh I thought it was ghost riders in the skies, but then I never do hear lyrics properly.

smiley - musicalnoteYipiayeeeeesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - grr going round my head now!


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1043

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*points* This sorts out those who aren't paying attention to the pantomime smiley - winkeye.


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1044

Phil

I don't know how detailed a guide you want but some basic tips can be found on pruning here http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/basics/techniques/pruning/pruning_fruit_trees/pruning_fruit_trees1.shtml


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1045

Bumblebee

smiley - smiley Thanks Phil! I'll take a look at it as soon as the ski relay is finished!smiley - ski *eyes glued to online TV*


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1046

Coniraya

We got a tree surgeon in to do our trees as they are too tall for us to do safely. He did a wonderful job and althought they looked somewhat bare and denuded the first year, in the second they filled out beautifully.

Unfortunately all the cherries on our tree get eaten by the birds, which is a pity because the odd one or two I have managed to sample have a delicious flavour. So I have to buy our cherries smiley - erm

The video clip on the link shows my favourite tv gardener Chris Beardshaw smiley - blush, gorgeous voice, lovely blue eyes and beautifully shaped hands. I shall take myself off to the smiley - drool thread now with that link.


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1047

Hati

Oh well - congrats, Bee! smiley - hug Norway won again. smiley - biggrin


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1048

Bumblebee

Thanks Hati. smiley - smiley Phew! What a finish! Thomas Alsgaard just parked the other teams!
smiley - bubbly all around!smiley - biggrin


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1049

Hati

And our's were 8th. smiley - erm


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1050

Titania (gone for lunch)

And Sweden ended up 3rd after leading most of the race...smiley - erm ...ah well, at least the Finnish ladies' team ended up second yesterday...smiley - cdouble *feeling both Finnish and Swedish*


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1051

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Working at the post office at very short notice, instead of attending drawing group. smiley - sadface


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1052

Hypatia

It's very cold, 4ºF, but the sleet forcast for overnight didn't arrive. More snow is supposed to be on the way tonight, tomorroe and Wednesday. I have a large children's proram scheduled for Friday morning.....367 1st and 2nd graders have registered.....so I have to decide whether or not to cancel. It's always something.

d'E, I'll try to upgrade my e-mail this morning. My ISP is a government-type thing. We were all supposed to use Eudora originally, but nearly everyone has switched to something else. I'm using Netscape Messenger, but it probably isn't the latest version. I have AOL at home and don't have a spam problem with it. But the AOL pop ups are almost as irritating. I'm thinking of switching to something else there, too.


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1053

SE

[spk]


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1054

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Hypatia, I don't know what it is about government email accounts, but for some reason, they get spammed a lot. I think it may have something to do with the fact they're listed on websites.

Can you believe that someone gets paid to troll the net for email addresses to sell to spammers?!


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1055

FG

It was -6°F this morning. I swear to god my car seat was crunchy--it was so stiff with cold--when I sat down. We won't mention the state of my respitory system lest someone get a case of the icks again. smiley - brr


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1056

Sdiver (duece of clubs)

Wow I forgot how intimidating it could be to try to catch up with a conversation here so I will cunningly change the subject.

When I lived in Virgina (north east coast of the continital U.S.) Snow and ice was a regular part of life. Every one had snow chains and you expected it to get cold and icy in the winter time. It makes it very intresting now that I am living in Texas (ya'll can figure out where Texas is on your own.)the slightest bit of ice trows everyone into a panic. We just had a cold front come through last night that put a covering of hail on the ground and school has shut down, as well as most of the city. I guess from a pragmatic point of view it doesnot make sense to keep the staff and facilities on hand to deal with weather that happens once every couple years down here. Put I find it amusing nonetheless.

To all you old timers do you remember 3rdasstEng? I can't even remember how I spelt it. smiley - smiley


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1057

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Red, actually there are "bots" that will troll websites looking for e-mail addresses. These are programs that will strip e-mail addresses from about any site. This is why I obfuscate my address whenever I put it somewhere publicly viewable.


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1058

Witty Moniker

Welcome back, 3rdasstEng. smiley - smiley I can't say I recall you, but a quick search turned up U100701. Was that you?


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1059

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*wonders if she's met Sdiver before*

smiley - erm


59Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1060

Sdiver (duece of clubs)

*waves to amy the ant*

Yes but it was about two years or so ago. (ack have I really been in collage that long smiley - sadface, oh well it is better then getting a real job. smiley - smiley )


Key: Complain about this post