A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

A Masque

Post 121

The Operatic Squirrel

*Drinks in big gulps, for a Squirrel and sways slightly while holding out the cup for another refil*


A Masque

Post 122

Jacques Clouseau (Chief Inspector)

*Turns to get a better look at the guests, and leans on the cake table. The table swings like a pendulum in a wide arc, sending the Inspector to the floor.

He taps on a nearby shoe.*

Pardon, monsieur. Your shoe is ringing.


A Masque

Post 123

Kitty (It is a truth universally acknowledged...)

My nose?

/Kitty reaches into her reticule and brings aout a small handmirror in which she surveys the results of M. Clouseau's ministrations. She lets out a small gasp of horror at the sight of onion dip smeared across her face, and fumbles in said bag for her hankerchief.

Unfortunately, her small bottle of toilette water has become entangled in the small square of white muslin, and as Kitty brings the cloth earnestly towards her face, the perfume falls to the floor and smashes. A powerful garlic smell rises up./

Oh no! /Kitty's voice is filled with dismay and alarm./


A Masque

Post 124

Garanor

*slowly walks around the room, admiring the artwork*


A Masque

Post 125

Jacques Clouseau (Chief Inspector)

*Stands up smelling of garlic, only to be knocked back down again when the table swings back into place.*


A Masque

Post 126

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*quickly draws out his handkerchief to muffle the smell of garlic*

Bot! Bot? Quickly here, some cleaning up please, if you will!

*watches, gratified, as several automata scurry over and mop up the spill, then spray attar of roses over the area*

*looks askance at Kitty* Madamoiselle? Garlic? *reaches thoughtfully inside waistcoat for the silver ornament on his watch fob*


A Masque

Post 127

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*that's me unmasked*
smiley - silly


A Masque

Post 128

Vash the Stampede, the $$60,000,000,000 Man

/Vash looks at the now unmasked Lil in a curious manner/

Well that one was a shock to me... Now I have to rewrite my suspicions.


A Masque

Post 129

Sherlock Holmes

*That* was Lil?

*crosses out a name on his suspects list, unfortunately one he did not get right*

Here's to everyone celebrating their birthday in November!smiley - bubbly

*patiently awaiting a response from Madame Zora*

*squints in an effort to see if the punch had any unexpected effect on the Madame's nose*


A Masque

Post 130

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Well, I feel better for knowing what a good disguise it was. smiley - ok
Carry on. More unmasking to be done!


A Masque

Post 131

Maxwell Smart

*Turns his back to the crowd and removes his shoe, which is ringing. He flips up a small disk on the sole and removes the heel. He puts the shoe to his ear and speaks into the disk.*


Smart here....No signs yet, Chief....I will, Chief...*glances at Lil*...well, I've eliminated one suspect...Right, Chief.


*Puts the heel back on his shoe and flips down the disk, then puts the shoe back on his foot. He turns back to the room, gets a piece of cake and approaches Clouseau.*

So, Inspector, that's a very clever disguise you have there. But you failed in one respect. Nobody has ears like that!

*Max grabs one of the Inspector's ears and tries to pull it off. The ear, being genuine, fails to come off.*

Oh. Sorry about that.


A Masque

Post 132

Ripley the unau

*enters, closely followed by Springie*

Meep!smiley - doh

*stops in astonishment, never having seen this part of the Atelier before*

*continues towards the Salonista area*


A Masque

Post 133

Madame Zora

*had personally known who Holmes was since the continuity issue*

Wow. The punch sure did the trick. I haven't been able to breath out of my nose for years! What do I owe you?


A Masque

Post 134

Garanor

It was an excellent disguise, your Grace, to think I nearly challenged you to a duel!

*takes a glass of smiley - bubbly from a passing bot and hands it to Lil, takes another for himself*

At least I can wish you a Happy Birthday in person. smiley - cheers


A Masque

Post 135

Jacques Clouseau (Chief Inspector)

Aiiee! That is indeed my ear monsieur! I am a master of disgeese, and if these were not mon ears, you would be convinced that they were someone else's! Yes!

But you distract me! Look! Un imposteur poses as our hostess!

*Points directly at Lil*

It was you who put le fountain in the gallery! Remove your masque, "madame"! You do not fewel me!


A Masque

Post 136

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*bursts into giggles*
smiley - laugh


A Masque

Post 137

Vash the Stampede, the $$60,000,000,000 Man

/Vash pulls at his mask, and the familiar head of Marv pokes out of the red coat/

Sorry to do it, but I fear I must unmask myself. My mom is in the hospital and I am unsure that I will be around at all this weekend to continue the masque.

The Anime character formerly known as Vash.


A Masque

Post 138

Sherlock Holmes

*smugly crosses yet one name off the list*

I am sorry to hear about your mother sir - I hope all goes well!

*resits the urge to give Vash - sorry, Marv - a hug and instead gives him a manly clap on the shoulder*


A Masque

Post 139

Garanor

*goes to the former Vash and shakes his hand*

I am sorry that all is not well and hope that your mother is soon on the mend.

Should you ever wish to train as knight, I would be happy to have you join my household as a squire.

*returns to circulating around the room, steps on an acorn and nearly skids into Madame Zora*

Forgive me Madame, the Squirrel's nuts seem to be escaping.


A Masque

Post 140

The Caterers

*more rumbling overhead as more panels slide aside in the ceiling to reveal a huge skylight with a dark starry night beyond*

*a firework display begins*


Key: Complain about this post