A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 41

Researcher 179388

JJ, I'm with you on 'The Mummy', who says a ripping yarn has to be accurate? Although, I have to say that Brendan Foster wasn't my idea of a handsome hero, but that's just personal taste, but H thinks Rachel Weisz is just hoopy!


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 42

Afgncaap5

Gotta say that I also enjoyed the newer Mummy movies, even if they did move away from the plot of the classic movies with....Bela Lugosi? Or was it Boris Karloff. I think it was Lugosi.

Anyway, I like 'em, probably because it's been so long since a decent adventure movie was made. I've seen previews for a movie based on the Scorpion King character from "The Mummy Returns". Does anyone know if it's meant to be the third part of the movie, or if it'll be its own little thing?


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 43

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Matina, is there any fresh tea? Did WM already have a FFTF cup?

JJ, did I just spy a new definition of "racking"? I know of racking, a specialised gait for Tennessee Walkers, racking as shelving, racking out as stretching exercises after workout, or, derivatively, as relaxing (military jargon for bunks). I know about racking my brains. But I never heard of someone racking on someone else. Could you explain, please?

I am delighted to have been the provider of so many salonistas' first Goo Experience! smiley - ok And I quite agree with Affi, that we must avoid Orchid at all costs...

Just spent an interesting hour with an archaeologist who now drills wells for a living, discussing my water needs. I'm pleased to hear that I have a very good well with a pump that will be more than sufficient for my needs. An interesting word he used to describe the water hereabouts: aggressive. In other words, unless you invest in a water softener, plan on replacing plumbing stuff regularly.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 44

Phil

For a good romp that thouroghly ignores any real historical detail a Knight's Tale was hard to beat. Though I haven't seen the Mummy flicks.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 45

Researcher 179388

I wonder if that makes the water here argumentative? It is on the hard side, I keep meaning to phone the water company to see find out how hard as the pipes and appliances do scale up.

I have been trying to do insert links on my space and they all work smiley - ok, apart from the one for this forum smiley - sadface and I can't see why not as I have done exactly the same thing for all of them.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 46

Munchkin

I am actually having a plumber come round to "argue" with my water on Saturday. Getting a ballcock, which now looks like something out of Wooky Hole, replaced. And the water was so nice up north.
Oh, and I liked the Mummy, the second one not so much, but the first was cool.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 47

SE

JJ, was her name Stragbasher ? smiley - winkeye


Story of my morning: Cooper woke 6.15 wanting to go outside and do his busines. I go out the door and immediately slip and land on my a** - our whole front yard and the highway in front of it is glare ice, about one and a half inches thick. So, after much slipping and slidding and falling on my business end, Cooper does his deed and I go back with the rest of my day. Before I left the house at 8.45 there were three accidents around the stretch of land surrounding our house: a volvo careened off the road and hit a fence on the farm above our house, a Jeep went off the road and hit a ditch, flipping itself over at the fishing access above our house, and a new Beetle went off the road about twenty yards from our house (we live in a valley, with farmlands/flats on either side of the road. the road is banked and sloping, so if you are on the left side of the road you are about a two feet higher [on a gradient] than the opposite side, and the banks are about two to four feet high).

When I arrive at work (I carpooled with my aunt today, as I didn't need to be in an accident myself) my mother calls me to see if we got in okay and then she tells me a truck ran into her car, which is about two months old. Not only did it hit her car, but the car was parked, in our driveway which is about twenty yards from the road. smiley - grr

It is no fifty car pile up, but still... Ice storms are crazy

Speaking of ice storms, did anyone see The Ice Storm? Am I the only one who thought Elijah was going to get killed on the diving board?


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 48

Munchkin

No, I was convinced. Boing, boing, splat! Good film that.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 49

SE

As was I!! I remember being so mad that he didn't die there. Odd feeling that, but it did build a bit of uneasy suspense.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 50

marvthegrate LtG KEA

A coworker of mine died here yesterday. He had a stroke or heart attack while at work. He was 47.

Please raise a glass to Richard, may he be in a happier place and may his family be free of grief.

Marv


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 51

Afgncaap5

*Raises a glass*


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 52

Chris Tonks

*Does the same.*

To Richard.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 53

SE

*raises his glass*

Indeed, to Richard. May his cubicle long stand.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 54

FG

Same here, Marv.

Back to the Mummy, I enjoyed the first one because it had it's tongue planted firmly in it's cheek. Even though it *was* wildly inaccurate it was a lot of fun. The second one, however, was just too over the top. And is it just me, or did Rachel Weisz start shooting heroin between the first and the second movies? --she looks AWFUL in the sequel.

I like this goo so much, I changed my preferences. I feel like I redecorated my house. New colors, perhaps some houseplants, a few throw pillows here and there for color....


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 55

Researcher 179388

To Richard

*raises glass*


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 56

SE

Very curious about missing post #54


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 57

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Well it is back, but why was it pulled in the first place?

Thanks everyone for thinking of someone you have never met. I must say that Richard was a friendly quiet man. He always did his job well and without complaint. Next to me he is a saint.

Here is to you Richard.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 58

Titania (gone for lunch)

To Richard!smiley - bubbly


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 59

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 60

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Message for Caer - try capital letters. LIL'S ATELIER rather than Lil's Atelier. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post