A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


So it seems that the atelier ~does~ serve a purpose on more than a few lives! This is very good. Matina had made it clear that she didn't want to work downstairs.

If you've read this far without posting a reply in order to try for that First-to-the-Forum mug, then you must be new here. Hello and welcome! I urge you to read the atelier page -- don't try to memorise the list of salonistas, you'll meet them anon -- and have a look at the graphics, following the link. That will give you all the preparation you need to make your entrance.

There's not a lot of dish to share with you regarding the last conversation. Peripatetic Warrior Monk came home from the land of 'Stans, and then we found out that Eatsmice is out there manning a computer in a dusty tent and looking after a camel named Douglas. Marv is about to experience an influx of international tourists coming to see the Winter Olympics, and Hatifnat is about to have the same sort of experience in respect of the Eurovision Song Contest.

There has been some sort of massive meet in London that a lot of salonistas attended, and by which they are still apparently affected, eh Munchkin? All of us except Looney and Cafram are experiencing all varieties of winter weather, and there's been some sort of equipment breakdown in the CLI sub-basement.

Now read on. smiley - smiley


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2

Witty Moniker

Holds out her mug so Matina can fill it with Kona, black. smiley - biggrin


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Matina, a glass of smiley - bubbly to celebrate the new thread please



Lil, I like the nice new fluffy cushions on the red velvet couch

smiley - bubbly

Oops


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

*smiley - cuddles unaus, worn out after entry rephrasing*


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 5

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Aww shucks. I missed my chance


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 6

Bald Bloke

[BB]

Arrives in the new forum; whilst maintaining his equivilant of the current management strategy of JIT (Just in time) by being JTL (Just too late).


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 7

Researcher 179388

smiley - wow goo! Never seen the atelier before in this light!

Now I remember why, it takes ages to load compared to the other boring thing!

Loads of spring flowers out in my garden, this mild, wet and windy weather has everything fooled. Had a look round this afternoon to find snowdrops, crocus, grape hycinths, lenten roses and the daffodils are pushing up through the soil too!


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 8

Phil

Clean cups, freshly done cushions, a noticable lack of calling cards. Must be a new conversation smiley - smiley


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 9

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I maintain that goo is the only way to fly. Personally, I am rather glad that our dearest hostess still reads the guide The Way It Should Be. Of course I am one of the other old timers... I remember Llama.

beware-the-leopard


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 10

Researcher 179388

I have had a wander through hootoo and it is all in goo, looks very pretty actually, so I shall stick with it for awhile.

Has it happened to everyone? I certainly haven't changed my preferences and as you can see by my page, I'm too lazy to do anything to it!


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 11

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - huh No, my pages are still in Alab****r due to slow connection, although I've been having trouble loading the pages...


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 12

Bald Bloke

Caerwynn

It's to do with the way the links work in the new DNA version

As Lil included the skin in the link thats what you get until you change it.

The new way of specifying a link without setting the skin is to just use F38024?thread=163701


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 13

FG

Love the new (old) look, Lil!

Unfortunately it keys the authorities into the fact that I'm not exactly doing any work-related things here.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 14

Phil

Swap the word classic for alabaster in the URL then. Hopefully we'll get the new skin soon.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 15

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*curls up on a new fluffy cushion and falls asleep*


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 16

Afgncaap5

New skin, eh? Let's hope that it works out better than skin #3.

*Points to a point in the far, far, far, far, far distant past (think pre-BBC, then go back a ways) to the Orchid skin (that actually took place in the distant future), then to the mission to save h2g2 during the BBC takeover, and then to a slightly more recent advent in the woods surrounding the Atelier*

I think that we all want to avoid another Orchid fiasco.

You know a website's been around a while when you have to put in "See Issue #XXX" notes. smiley - winkeye


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 17

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Lovely day here in Godzone...smiley - erm... hold on, I'm in New Jersey. Something is amiss here, temperatures near 20°C for several days when they should be below 0.

That's an interesting effect the new URL structure has, switching people to different skins. I never would have noticed. It's goo or nothing for me.
smiley - dog <-- looks better against a blue background


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 18

Afgncaap5

I do prefer goo, but I use alabaster for one of my identities, to help tell them apart.


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 19

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Well don't rely on that anymore, Affy. You could switch skins inadvertently, and then good and evil would mix in ways that nature never intended. Something akin to a matter-antimatter explosion, I think. Goo-antiGoo?

I also discovered that we can now do this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/zeppo/U18695

See? Zeppo has his very own DNA site!
smiley - dog


45Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 20

Witty Moniker

I'm a dyed in the wool Goo girl, but I've heard the up-coming new skin referred to as the "Hiker skin". I do believe I will check that out when and if it arrives.


Key: Complain about this post