A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

discovered that Agnes, the zombie masseuse had left a trail of massage oil leading to

Post 61

Hypatia

I am trying to tidy. smiley - cross I am not in the emood.


and discovered that Agnes, the zombie masseuse had left a trail of massage oil leading to

Post 62

Hypatia

sigh


...

Post 63

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I'm trying not to tidy, and it is going remarkably well smiley - winkeye


despite the draft, he girded his loins,

Post 64

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.


...

Post 65

Mrs Zen

Hi Az, Hi SameDude - I certainly remember you. Welcome back, both.

I'm moving into my house by inches, but just now I am moving to bed. I know it's wimpish, but I like being warm, horizontal and sleeping is such a bonus.

smiley - zzz

B
PS - as far as I am concerned the Draft has no specific gender, but it does have a certain salacious opportunism. I wouldn't wear a skirt around it, but would encourage men to wear kilts. smiley - winkeye


........

Post 66

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

....oooppps, sorry LIL!


........

Post 67

Afgncaap5

[Affy-Killing massive amounts of time]


........

Post 68

Hypatia

Forgot to welcome Az and SameDUDE. Welcome. smiley - smiley

So Ben, are you keeping the double bed or giving it to your sister? I'm confused.


...

Post 69

J'au-æmne

{[j'au]}


the local pub, which was known to serve up a healthy plating of

Post 70

SE

re: albert - he either saw albert earlier in the day or spied him from the tower or some such - albert was not in fact in the tower, as why would he toss seaweed at someone in his own livingroom?

it's a mighty dosing of simulposting we're having here lately smiley - smiley


........

Post 71

Mrs Zen

Keeping it. She's not having it, I say. No. She's not! smiley - winkeye

It's already pretty much dismantled. It's an old-fashioned bed which comprises a completely separate head and foot. These are connected together by 6' lengths of angle iron which slot into jig-saw puzzle-like joints. Then a bed base rests on the square of angle-iron, (the two width-bits are permanaently bolted to the head and the foot respectively, and the lengths are separate as described). Then there is a mattress on top of that. Unfortunately when I was sorting out the bed base and mattress I did not stipulate a narrow base, so you have to clamber up into the bed, (I have a footstool for the purpose). On the other hand, one does feel very decorative and elegent, sitting up in bed so high in the world.

The plan is to saw the decorative knobs off the top of the head end, drill them and pin them back in place with dowels.

There is also a brass single bed, (which you'll remember - it probably gave you altitude sickness because it's made on the same principle), which I don't actually need, but which I'll be using as a day bed in the living room for a while.

Ben


the local pub, which was known to serve up a healthy plating of

Post 72

Hypatia

I definitely need DSL. My dial-up is the pitts when there are a lot of us online at once.


........

Post 73

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

...My settee collapsed due to a flat steel spring breaking. The spring was irrepairable so I used a wooden batton to replace it, couldn't throw away the settee as, although 8 years old, it was leather and in good condition and cost around £600.
.
...there is a surprising benefit to an ad hoc repair, the settee is now a lot firmer, particularly when laying down, as I do most of time. I have occasional lower back pain so the extra firmness helps.
.
...I recently saw a surprisingly simple but effective tip on TV from a physio for back pain sufferers. He said that a lot of back pain is caused by sitting improperly, so his tip was to lean forward when sitting down in a chair and push your bum back into the chair back firmly....I have tried this, and even in a very soft settee, you get a lot more back support.


........

Post 74

Mrs Zen

smiley - ok I have taken to having a cushion for lower back support while driving.

This is partly because my car has driven 180,000 miles and the seat is sagging, and partly because I have what I thought was a dodgy hip, but what Z tells me is actually a dodgy sacro-illiac joint. (You feel the pain from a bad sacro-illiac joint in your hip, apparently, and the pain from a bad hip in your groin. I didn't ask him where you feel the pain from a bad groin, though apparrently castration makes your teeth ache).

I'm slightly put out by the fact it's not my hip after all. I was looking forward to replacing it when I'm old and crotchety, but I don't think they make plastic pelvises.

B


........

Post 75

Hypatia

Yes, I remember the single bed. smiley - smiley Quite comfy. But, smarty, I did not suffer altitude sickness until I got avore 7500 feet. smiley - tongueout


........

Post 76

Mrs Zen


........

Post 77

Hypatia

That sounds like a good tip, SameDUDE. I have had lower back pain since an automobile accident many years ago. I'll try that.

Ben, I'm glad you're keeping the beds.


spam, the meat mind you, not unwanted e-mail.

Post 78

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


Although Agnes liked the other kind, especially e-mails from Nigeria asking for money and ads for viagra from a certain Booger Bulger.

Post 79

FG

Good morning all. smiley - yawn


...

Post 80

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

smiley - doh My housemate has just realised that it was my birthday last week. I had realised that he had forgotten, but didn't like to say anything. He was away on the day anyway, and I hadn't made any plans due to potential rehearsals. I kept all my cards in my room, but he eventually spotted one through the door tonight. Much embarrassment all around.

Should I have just said 'it was my birthday yesterday' when I saw him on Saturday? I thought that would have been rude...

Oh, dear. I hope he doesn't feel guilty. I told him it didn't matter. And it doesn't. If it did, I'd have pointedly put all my cards up downstairs!

I haven't added to the story as I knew this would take a while to type.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more