A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It's the aftermath of a barbeque and guests are not doing much because that's what a Bank Holiday is for. Mindspring, my unau, has been consuming some of the blue powder that Sporky has spilled, and she is now up in the trees pretending to be a flying squirrel. Sporky is inside a VPB (Virtual Patio Bubble) as we try to contain the fallout from the powder spree he is on. At least, his body is in the VPB -- who knows where his mind has gone? Professor Tonks is away dealing with exams and galactic elections, and has sent a clone in his place to observe the formalities. Amy has been reorganising the Natural History Museum, an activity that resulted in cameo appearances by some strange cadavers. Marv and Babel 17 are organising a few cases of CDs (the free ones from certain major ISPs which threaten to overrun the planet(as do their CDs)) and are heading out to the desert to design a skeet-conversion unit.

Meanwhile, Affi has fixed the problems arising from the party's consumption of a restricted beverage. Of course, Affi's definition of "fix" is volatile, and as a precaution Lil has decommissioned the microwave. The salonistas are quietly regretting the fact that Affi impounded the powdered phlog because it was fun, albeit unsettling. Especially when d'Elaphant's dog Zeppo turned into a god and bade everybody speak in lolling tongues.

The usual suspects are watching sports in the entertainment room (where the gallery used to be before Auntie Beeb shut it down), and ox has re-appeared after a long absence, and promptly wandered off into the gardens. I forget where Munchkin has gone this weekend -- did he say something about purchasing a medieval weapon?

Other People, Solnushka, Robin, Montana Redhead, Gw7en, Looney, Bald Bloke, Titania, Styx, sea, ... They are around somewhere, in their guest rooms or the library or kitchen. I know some other names have slipped my mind. Anyway, when you stop and think about it, this is quite a healthy-sized group of superior conversationalits (if I do say so myself). smiley - smiley

We are slowly getting ourselves organised to go down to the beach, where we'll build a fire, roast wieners and marshmallows, and watch some CLI fireworks, I hope. Y'all are welcome to join in if you haven't been here before.


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2

Afgncaap5

*Affy inspects the new forum, just to make sure that it's also clean of phlog related anamolies*

Well Lil, I must say that this new conversation is even safer than the last one. Violets can not detect any unwanted animals in the Atelier.

Well, I must be going. Just dropping in to see if I could beat anyone to the 2nd posting.smiley - winkeye


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*drooling at the thought of a barbeque*

No more cadavers, Lil. And I've found some interesting new live exhibits. We'll have to see how many new recruits I can find tomorrow - it was a bank holiday today in the UK so the online list is shorter than it usually is.

I want to put in a good word for microwaves. Compared to other methods of cooking and heating food they are very energy efficient because there is less waste to the atmosphere and cooking vessels. And they produce no carbon dioxide.

Let's get on with the barbeque before we get stung with an environmental tax.


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 4

Garius Lupus

And beat me, you did, Affy.

Hi Lil. Work is quite busy at the moment - several fires to fight, plus a long-term project that I'm trying to wrap up. I've been getting so many interruptions the last while that it's hard to focus on anything. It's much easier to just head to h2g2 in between smiley - biggrin

I had a look at the Camelot thing after B17 mentioned it. It was featured in the Post. There are so many threads, though, that it is a bit daunting. I did manage to post to one, though smiley - winkeye


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 5

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Good afternoon folks. I have just been awaken to be asked by one of my closest friends to help move his fiance. I may not be around that much today.

MTG


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 6

Garius Lupus

Oh, and Lil - I left a message on your page about the Murder mystery wrapping up.


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 7

Bald Bloke

[BB]

Good evening, I think it's appropriate to wish everyone "happy new forum" smiley - smiley


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 8

Titania (gone for lunch)

[smiley - elf]


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 9

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*coming back up the stairs to the veranda*
Ampton is quite the boy scout! He's set up a small marquee tent and made an excellent fire down on the beach. As a deterrent against conversation fragmentation, might I suggest the following convention? If you are at the wiener roast on the beach, just start your post with [on the beach]. Otherwise, we'll assume you're here in one of the parts of the atelier. I think it might be easier do do it this way than run two different threads. If not easier, more interesting smiley - silly. We'll see how it goes, anyway.

To get to the beach, just follow the stepping stones through the rock garden and you'll get to a three-way junction. One path goes to the crater, a second goes round the front of the building, and the third goes into the woods. Go into the woods. You'll come to a fork in the path, and you can see/hear the beach from there. The other fork goes to the Aroma Cafe. It's a clear night, first quarter moon, so we'll have an excellent backdrop for fireworks.

See y'all down there.


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 10

Robin

{Robin}


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 11

Chris Tonks

[PCT3]

I sadly won't have time to go down to the Beach. A shame. smiley - sadface
Still, there'll hopefully be celebrations galore when the real Professor gets back, so he'll host them wherever you want!

Oh, I'm /finally/ submitting my draft for the official Netiquette Guide for h2g2 to Peta tomorrow. God only knows why I'm so slow in doing so.


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 12

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Meanwhile, in the Atelier's library, the Kiwi researchers huddle around the fire.


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 13

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Hullo, all! Hope you're all doing well. The blue stuff *is* gone, isn't it?!?!?

(((PCT3, dearest, sorry 'bout the little greetings thing... I had spent the day with a lecturer in History from the U of Northumbria, and it must have rubbed off.)))

Well, its a beautiful day here, and I am just about to run off to a bbq with Fraulein Grafenberg and many other assorted folk. It was going to be here, but somehow, it ended up in the woods, and I am quite glad for it. Less mess, and all that.

Marv, dear, I've decided that one afternoon you and I will go to the local brewery for a tasting. I haven't been, but a good friend of mine runs one, and he said they are quite entertaining...and that someone should pick you up. This, of course, states that there will be enough time in 4 days, but still. Can't wait to see you! smiley - smiley


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 14

Chris Tonks

Heheh, no worries MR. smiley - smiley
I like that sort of language anyway, all this 'what ho', 'toodlepip' and 'dash it all' from the era of Jeeves & Wooster. Ah, quality stuff. smiley - smiley


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 15

Wayfarer -MadForumArtist, Keeper of bad puns, Greeblet with Goo beret, Tangential One

{on the beach} *starts dragging over wood(the magical, burnable yet un-burn-up-able kind that's used in the Atelier) for a bonfire*


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 16

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

[on the beach}

*pulls up in Cherokee the Wonder Jeep with the headlights on so's we can see (dark just now in Edinburgh), and Louis Jordan on the stereo.

"Sure had a wonderful time last night / leastways they tell me I did / sure had a wonderful time last night / really blew my lid / now I went to a party, I recollect that much / but after about four or five I kinda lost my touch / but I sure had a wonderful time last night / leastwise they tell me I did"

Must've been the phlog, Louis.

*gets out of Cherokee and perches on her bonnet with a can of beer, as he imagines James Dean might have done. It's purely for effect and he has to get off as the heat from Cherokee's engine is too much*

Ah, Damogran. Someone remembers...

The fabled land is still submerged under the waters of the Sea of Moderation, but one day, like Atlantis, it will rise again. When Queen bluDragon gets around to plugging her computer in to her log cabin in the woods, where she has retired to consider weighty matters of state, that is. Although she was on line briefly to pay tribute to DNA. Damogran was where this girl *pats Cherokee's bonnet* and I met: Her bluNess gave her to me for the Quest for Stuff...those were happy days...the Croquet Lawn, the Flying Castle, the Masked Ball...we spoke in courtly language and observed the chivalric code.

So no, Camelot has yet to develop in that direction, being as it seems to be closer to "Carry on up the Castle" smiley - smiley


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 17

ox

*returns to Atelier after visiting Courtesy 38's recently raked garden*
*waves back to Amy* Hello again, everyone!
Lil, my husband (the Cubano) assures me there are big differences between Mexican and Cuban dialects. One of our drivers was from Mexico but I rarely heard him speaking Spanish with my husband. I only know and love the cuisine of both cultures, and there are some tasty differences, indeed.


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 18

Researcher 99947

*a slight humming can be head from sporky's direction... tiny tim?*


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 19

Witty Moniker

{WM}


34Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 20

twoseas

[on the beach] *picks up a wienie bun and heads for the fire* Ampton, would you please burn one for me? Nice and black. Or are we roasting ourselves (hee)? Please excuse, I'm having a reaction formation. Think I'll 'walk the sand with the crustaceans'(Pixies) and see who's in the water.


Key: Complain about this post