A Conversation for Crater Labs, Inc.

The Lobby

Post 81

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Well, I haven't looked in the men's room... smiley - blush


The Lobby

Post 82

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

I'm afraid wings aren't very good for opening doors, so I can't look in there either. smiley - erm


The Lobby

Post 83

V

*comes downstairs, cautiously*

smiley - bigeyes

smiley - erm I've never been down here before ... but I've heard noises ...


The Lobby

Post 84

Spaceechik, Typomancer

*shuffles nervously down the stairs, clinging to the rail with one hand, and a dented bronze cane in the other*

So this is where the orange button come from! Is that vibration my imagination or is it...?


The Lobby

Post 85

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I'll check out the men's room.

*Opens the door and goes in, can be heard calling for Garius*


The Lobby

Post 86

Runescribe

*Runes clomps down the stairs in steel-toed boots. It is a humanoid entity of indeterminate sex, dressed in very practical black clothing with many pockets. It has a radio hung on its belt, with a microphone clipped over one shoulder and an earpiece.*

I heard the words "lab" and "adventure" in close proximity. Need a hand?


The Lobby

Post 87

Santragenius V

*peeks in after GDZ*

Zomnker, is he there?
*-ere, -ere, -ere goes the echo*


The Lobby

Post 88

Garius Lupus


*sound of switch flipping, sound of duck quacking*

I love that!

Now, if I could only get into the lab itself. I'm sure I left my keys around here somewhere.

*sound of rustling papers, drawers opening, hinges creaking, sighing*

Maybe it was one of the other subterranean entrance airlocks where I left them. Hope the lights are on in that one.

*sound of receding footsteps. Sound of footsteps returning. Sound of switch flipping, sound of duck quacking. Chuckle. Sound of footsteps receding.*


*The securibot briefly glances up from its magazine. Shrugs its upper appendages in a "not my job" kind of way and returns to its magazine.*


The Lobby

Post 89

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Returns, sneezing*

If he is in there, he's hiding under a layer of dust. Not sure the maidbots have been in there.


The Lobby

Post 90

Titania (gone for lunch)

*from above*

Dust? Oh bother - can anyone remember if we managed to lock the Cleaning Bot away after it's latest attack and if so, where? *looks worried*


The Lobby

Post 91

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I think Olga the cleaning bot is in the closet at the Aroma Cafe.

*consults map*
http://www.bonitovalley.com/h2g2/CLI.htm

*looks at keys more closely* We need to be able to get past the public labs. Being Garius, he's put color combinations on the keys instead of labels.


The Lobby

Post 92

Santragenius V

Ermmmm - if Olga is that very mean cleaning robot, she ... well, she's not in the closet any more but somewhere in a tunnel. It's been a while but ... F26140?thread=4509620&post=69982561#p69928732 and F26140?thread=6067249 smiley - erm


The Lobby

Post 93

Runescribe

I'm sure I heard Darius again a moment ago. I hope he isn't getting himself into danger.


The Lobby

Post 94

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

Colour combinations? That could be interesting.

*considers for a moment*

I propose we try going via the galley. There's less likely to be any incidents if we go that way. I don't fancy trying the door marked Security, to be honest.


The Lobby

Post 95

Z

The gallery?

Why not...

*follows along*


The Lobby

Post 96

Garius Lupus

*sound of intercom feedback screech*


Damn, I'm sure I counted to the 42nd switch this time. Okay, one more try. One...two...three....mmm...mmm...mmm...

*brief delay, then sound of switch flipping, followed by sound of small motor, such as those used in targetting mechanisms*

Oh crap!

*sound of body hitting the floor, immediately followed by sound of hissing and spitting, as when something gets melted by a laser.*

Hrmph! Well at least the laser gave a bit of light for a few seconds. Now I know there are 2 banks of switches. The light switch must be the 42nd switch in the second bank.

*sound of counting, then sound of switch flipping. Peter Gunn theme begins to play.*

Oh man! Well, I guess I just have to flip switches until I find the light switch.

*sound of tractor starting, followed by sound of church bells chiming, followed by sound of guillotine, followed by sound of grass growing.*

So that worked! Cool!

*sound of pacman munching*

Oh oh. That's never good.

*Brief, cut-off scream, followed by silence*


The Lobby

Post 97

Vip

Oh no!

*flutters, becoming increasingly more frantic*

Garius? Garious!

And I never even got to meet you... smiley - wah

smiley - fairy


The Lobby

Post 98

Z

VIP - we need to go on a Quest to Find Garius.. who's coming with us?

(And where do we go?)


The Lobby

Post 99

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I'm not a whole lot of use, except for getting into tight spaces and filling inventory holes, but I'll come along. At least this time, I don't have a smiley - pony to eat most of the mufflewhumps!


The Lobby

Post 100

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*alarmed by the noises over the intercom, the owl examines the lock on the door to the galley*

Meanwhile, in real life, David frantically checks to see whether birds see in colour, and finds that they most certainly do, which is handy

What sort of colour combinations are on the keys, Lil?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more