A Conversation for Crater Labs, Inc.

The Lobby

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*as those who've seen the map at http://www.asterlil.com/h2g2/CLI.htm will know, there are very few places in CLI that are public, but the lobby is one of them. Affi was against having a public lobby and had to be talked into it, so one can be certain that the vast space is likely to be monitored in all sorts of electronic ways*

*Lil comes down the stairs, followed by several other salonistas, who will announce themselves shortly* smiley - smiley

*she enters from the side corridor, noting that Ampton's office is empty, as is the conference room, and the door of the transporter in the corner of the conference room is open*

*a bored looking securitybot sits at the reception desk reading a copy of Android Weekly*


The Lobby

Post 2

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Mr. Dreadful leaps down the stairs, kilt flying out behind him. He advances slowly down the corridor, keeping his claymore in a loose grip so it'll be easy to swing in the confined space. If you listen carefully it sounds like he is humming the theme from Braveheart under his breath.*


The Lobby

Post 3

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*The Good Doctor ambles on down the stairs*

Always thought I needed to come down here.


The Lobby

Post 4

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Stops humming Braveheart.*

Och, I thought it was s'posed ta be scary doon here.

*Starts humming that 'Born to be Kings' song from the Highlander soundtrack.*


The Lobby

Post 5

Agapanthus

*stands at the back of the group looking very nervous and wearing a large navy-blue towel around her neck. Hey, Ag is a frood who knows where her towel is*

So, now what?


The Lobby

Post 6

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

*wanders down the stairs looking slightly damp*

smiley - puffk is a frood who forgot her smiley - towel *again*

Should we be looking fierce smiley - grr or friendly smiley - smiley?


The Lobby

Post 7

Agapanthus

*Hands Kelli her towel*

Can... can any of you hear that funny noise? Where's it coming from?


The Lobby

Post 8

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

We wait and see if anyone else joins us. We also wait for me to return.

*Quickly ducks back up the stairs, comes back after a minute wearing a light kevlar vest and helmet, has his smiley - towel wrapped around his waist firmly bound with a safety pin.*


The Lobby

Post 9

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Well, lassie, I'm gonna look fierce. smiley - grr

Oh, is my woad smudged? I hate tae go intae battle when I'm no lookin' ma best.

*Conan poses*


The Lobby

Post 10

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Oh! Not sure I am 'battle-ready', if any aggressors show up I could possibly claim that I wandered down here looking for the toilets and got lost smiley - yikes

*opts for a puzzled but friendly grin in case somebody shows up that can help us to help Affy without needing to be hit with anything*


The Lobby

Post 11

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Bravely stands in front of Kelli.*

I'll protect ye, lass. *Whispers* Seriously, is ma woad okay? I'd simply DIE if I was seen in battle wi' it all smudgy and uneven.


The Lobby

Post 12

Penny Whistle

*Comes down the stairs, dressed in her crime fighting CHOPPERS license gear. Which is basically the same jeans and green shirt that she always wears*

Scary? No, it's not too scary. Heck, I walked in here when I was brand new to the Guide a few months back after I met Affy. He and Garius Lupus made some modifications that I needed for my penny whistle so that I could more easily channel my temporal abilities.

smiley - ermThen again, that's really the only time that I've ever been here, so....maybe it is scary and I just didn't notice it.


The Lobby

Post 13

Agapanthus

*Ag approaches the securitybot and coughs nervously to catch its attention*

Err, excuse me sir, but have you seen Affy anywhere? We're *turns to the others* we ARE a rescue mission, aren't we?

*The securitybot stares at the Salonistas without answering for several long slow awkward minuted without answering*

Umm, is there something wrong with the 'bots?


The Lobby

Post 14

Afgncaap5

*A small, unusual looking robot rolls by just in time to overhear this*

Robot-CLI robots never speak unless they have to. Zorkian principles, you know. "Actions speak louder than words," as the Implementors said. Ampton, Chesworth, Chloe....heck, even the ones that went insane and evil like Montressor. Maybe if they were left alone for a few thousand years they'd go crazy enough to talk out of sheer loneliness, but that's fairly unusual for a company that's barely over five years old.

Now, where was I? Oh, yes, going to the recycling center to turn myself in for being crazy. Bye!

*The robot rolls out the front door of the CLI main building and begins rolling across the Crater floor towards the junk pile*


The Lobby

Post 15

Witty Moniker

*Arrives ready for action, wearing drab green cammo outfit with lots of cargo pockets, tote bag hanging from her belt.*

Do we have a plan, yet?


The Lobby

Post 16

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Follow that bot I reckon!

Due to my lack of cammo gear, kevlar or woad, I suspect I am going to be that person who in the films always trips over at inopportune moments, and needs recsuing a lot. Sorry.

Said pain in the bum does usually redeem him/herself one way or another though *grins ingratiatingly* Can I stay, or shall I take myself back upstairs now and stop being a liability...


The Lobby

Post 17

Witty Moniker

Where there's a will, there's a way, Kelli. I say you come along. And you never know, some inocuous thing in your pocket may be just the thing to solve a dilemma. smiley - ok


The Lobby

Post 18

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Of course you are welcome to continue with us kelli!


The Lobby

Post 19

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Some simple rules for adventuring:

ooc means out of continuity. The Law of Continuity can be found here, A351866 , and if any of you are unfamiliar with it, please read that page! A successful quest depends very much on how its participants honor the laws of Continuity!

If you need to say something that's not part of the plot -- as I am doing here -- then you bracket your observation or question with ooc.



I had a feeling things wouldn't be simple, so I changed into the usual adventure gear before I came down here. And my towel is in my backpack. smiley - towel

Do you think there's anything to be discovered in the junkpile? Affi and Garius recycle stuff more than anybody else I've ever heard of, so I can't think there'd be anything more useful than broken rubber bands.

Wait a minute. A whole bot going on the junk pile?? smiley - yikes


The Lobby

Post 20

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

We definitely have to look into this!


Key: Complain about this post

The Lobby

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more